Benghazi

The Benghazi Cover-up (cont.) :How the CIA’s No. 2 misled Congress

by Steven F. Hayes

Two leading Republicans on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence say that Michael Morell, then acting director of the Central Intelligence Agency, gave an account of his role on Benghazi that was often misleading and sometimes deliberately false.

“I went back and reviewed some of his testimony the other day and he’s gotten himself in a real box,” says Senator Saxby Chambliss, the highest-ranking Republican on the committee. “It’s really strange. I’ve always thought Mike was a straight-up guy, gave us good briefings—factual, straightforward. I mean, this has really been strange the last few weeks—all this now being uncovered.”

At issue is the role Morell, former deputy director of the CIA, played in producing the Obama administration’s flawed talking points about the fatal attacks on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11, 2012, and the misleading answers he gave lawmakers who investigated them.

more at the link:

http://www.weeklysta...ont_782749.html

Oh, now Bush established a tyranny, too? That's rich!

Go USA

You watching the game Tom?

http://townhall.com/columnists/larryelder/2013/01/31/history-lesson-under-fascist-bush-democrats-feared-tyranny-n1501570

Not watching - had a death in the family, and have been far too "otherwise occupied" to turn it on. It's why I'm here - abusing your dumb ass is a nice distraction. You dumbass.

http://townhall.com/columnists/larryelder/2013/01/31/history-lesson-under-fascist-bush-democrats-feared-tyranny-n1501570

Not watching - had a death in the family, and have been far too "otherwise occupied" to turn it on. It's why I'm here - abusing your dumb ass is a nice distraction. You dumbass.

You are posting something from town hall and calling someone else a dumb ass? Ooo Kay..sorry about the loss

You are posting something from town hall and calling someone else a dumb ass? Ooo Kay..sorry about the loss

Good little statist. Quickly dismiss the source without reading the link. Keep it up and you'll surely get special knob-gobbling detail tonight at the WH dinner table. :lol:

Good little statist. Quickly dismiss the source without reading the link. Keep it up and you'll surely get special knob-gobbling detail tonight at the WH dinner table. :lol:

I like being a statist. It's like being smart. Are you d-bags thru using governmen money? It's a form of slavery to use the dollar you know

Please tell us what is specifically inaccurate in the Town Hall article. Remember, be specific.

I like being a statist. It's like being smart. Are you d-bags thru using governmen money? It's a form of slavery to use the dollar you know

It's all or nothing for you, eh?

http://townhall.com/...yranny-n1501570

Elder.jpg

Author: Larry Elder

Graduate of Brown University and University of Michigan Law School

Top rated Radio host in Los Angeles for 15 years.

Multiple Best Selling Author

The articles and their authors really should be read before you comment.

Otherwise ..................a person could look foolish.

Edited by B-Man

why don't you shove it up your ass you stupid idiot

I swear, it's like pouring holy water on the possessed in one of those cheesey exorcism movies. Confront this guy with logic, and he starts swearing, snarling, and gnashing his teeth.

Listen, gator, I get that you don't like having to think very hard. I really do. But is there any chance, slim though it may be, that you'd respond directly with answers to the questions being posed just this once?

I mean, who knows? You may actually discover that you like acting like an adult rather than a cartoon.

http://townhall.com/...yranny-n1501570

Elder.jpg

Author: Larry Elder

Graduate of Brown University and University of Michigan Law School

Top rated Radio host in Los Angeles for 15 years.

Multiple Best Selling Author

The articles and their authors really should be read before you comment.

Otherwise ..................a person could look foolish.

I love Larry Elder. My favorite talk show host when I lived in LA. He had an open invitation to Michael Moore to debate him which of course Moore never took him up on.

Normally I wouldn't...but it was the first link that came up, and didn't have time to find a better one.

I do have a link to a Washington Post article from around 2006 about the tyrannical nature of the Bush administration, but it's on my PC at home.

Normally I wouldn't...but it was the first link that came up, and didn't have time to find a better one.

I do have a link to a Washington Post article from around 2006 about the tyrannical nature of the Bush administration, but it's on my PC at home.

You need to label your files better on your PC at home. I almost copied the wrong kind of Bush to paste here:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/white-house-watch/bush-rollback/bushs-secret-dictatorship.html

The memo issued by the acting director of the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel just five days before Barack Obama took office comes across almost as, among other things, a bit whiny.

Steven Bradbury wrote to officially retract a series of memos in which his former colleagues secretly rewrote the Constitution.

He acknowledged that their reasoning was at various points "unconvincing" and "not sustainable."

But Bradbury was also making excuses for them. They were afraid, he wrote: "The opinions addressed herein were issued in the wake of the atrocities of 9/11, when policymakers, fearing that additional catastrophic terrorist attacks were imminent, strived to employ all lawful means to protect the nation." They were rushed, confronting "novel and complex legal questions in a time of great danger and under extraordinary time pressure."

No excuse. Not even close.

The memo was one of nine previously undisclosed Office of Legal Counsel documents released by Obama's Justice Department yesterday, most of them making baldly spurious legal arguments to support any number of unprecedented tactics that were either contemplated or employed by the White House.

At about the same time the documents were being released, Attorney General Eric Holder was making a speech putting them in context: "Too often over the past decade, the fight against terrorism has been viewed as a zero-sum battle with our civil liberties," Holder said. "Not only is that school of thought misguided, I fear that in actuality it does more harm than good. I have often said that the test of a great nation is whether it will adhere to its core values not only when it is easy, but also when it is hard....

"There is no reason we cannot wage an effective fight against those who have sworn to harm us while we respect our most honored constitutional traditions. We can never put the welfare of the American people at risk but we can also never choose actions that we know will weaken the legal and moral fiber of our nation."

I especially like Eric Holder's comments above in light of Fast and Furius, NSA snooping, breaking into reporter's computer, IRS misdeeds, etc.

What the hell are you trying to prove? Your article is somehow going to make Obama a tyranny? All presidents are tyrannts? Some Democrats said Bush was a tyranny so it's ok to say the same stupid crap about Obama....And actually believe it?

Tom, do you think Bush or Obama were/ are tyrants?

What the hell are you trying to prove? Your article is somehow going to make Obama a tyranny? All presidents are tyrannts? Some Democrats said Bush was a tyranny so it's ok to say the same stupid crap about Obama....And actually believe it?

No, you moron. I'm countering your insipid and counterfactual claim that no one ever claimed Bush wasn't tyrannical.

This reminds me---you never responded to the 6 different examples I gave of Obama's tyranny. Why not?

gatorman:

You're the only poster in this thread to use the pejoratives "tyrant" and "tyranny" in an absolute sense, as applied to US Presidents, both past and present, to the best of my knowledge.

I'll draw the distinction 3rd is making, here: the President has engaged in several examples of tyrannical behavior, but in the absolute sense you are twisting the language into, no, he is not yet a tyrant. Nor was his predecessor.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker