I really don't understand why anyone goes to Bills home games

zonabb

2 solutions for your problem....Park in a privately owned lot like the wyndham church where none of what you spoke of happens, and pay extra $$$ for better seats the rowdy college kids cant afford. Further away from the endzones, the better the clientel. I'm 32 with kids and thoroughly enjoy the stadium experience. I travel 8 hours to games and see them on the road. I would never trade the energetic fanbase we have as Bills fans for any of the yuppity yuppity corporate fair weather fans you see at most other stadiums. I'm a successful guy myself and enjoy the rough crowd :).... When this team turns the corner, we will have a fan base that rivals that of teh steelers and packers. We travel well on the road for being a perennial sub .500 team.

Go Bills!

Yes, laying out the extra $$$ for the Jim Kelly club has its perks. One of them is young drunken A-Holes seem to be absent. That's a good thing.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, laying out the extra $$$ for the Jim Kelly club has its perks. One of them is young drunken A-Holes seem to be absent. That's a good thing.

I had season tix in the Jim Kelly club and it sucked. The seats are way too far from the field and it was about $300 per game per seat. Yeah, no drunks. but no life either.

I had season tix in the Jim Kelly club and it sucked. The seats are way too far from the field and it was about $300 per game per seat. Yeah, no drunks. but no life either.

I'm guessing you didn't spend much time at the bar, if you believe there is no "life" in there? Yep, the seats kind of have their issues. But for me and the people we go with I personally can handle the tradeoff. Like going in taking a pee without some guy blowing lunch in a sink next to you, or right on the floor. The ticket prices aren't for everyone but still way less for the same perks elsewhere in NFL stadiums.

I park at a private lot. I feel like the situation is a little better because regulars in those lots feel like it is a privilege to use it, and if they don't take care of it, they could lose that privilege. It is always strange walking across the stadium lots to the gates, wading through garbage. There was more trash last night.

Inside the stadium, I thought the crowd was a little more tame. I could be wrong, but at least in the few sections around me, I didn't see a single fight or even a heated exchange of words.

The one thing that annoyed me most was the freakin' paper airplanes. I predicted that would happen with those cards.

Edited by sodbuster

I'm always amazed when people think it's a "local" issue.

This behavior takes place in every Football Stadium parking lot in the country. It's not just the NFL either... this isn't a Buffalo issue, it's a human issue.

Carry on.

Completely disagree. I've seen games all over andBuffalo fans behavior isin the top 5 for worst.

2 solutions for your problem....Park in a privately owned lot like the wyndham church where none of what you spoke of happens, and pay extra $$$ for better seats the rowdy college kids cant afford. Further away from the endzones, the better the clientel. I'm 32 with kids and thoroughly enjoy the stadium experience. I travel 8 hours to games and see them on the road. I would never trade the energetic fanbase we have as Bills fans for any of the yuppity yuppity corporate fair weather fans you see at most other stadiums. I'm a successful guy myself and enjoy the rough crowd :).... When this team turns the corner, we will have a fan base that rivals that of teh steelers and packers. We travel well on the road for being a perennial sub .500 team.

Go Bills!

To each his own, they say. I actually DO pay the extra $$$ to sit in the Paul McGuire Club, but I still have to get thru the lots to get to the gate, and - once thru the gate - thru the stadium to get to the club, and it's just not worth putting up with the moronic neanderthals who who either can't handle thier alcohol, or are just too stupid to have any concept of decorum.

I've been to at least a dozen other NFL stadia - including multiple visits to Kingdome, Foxboro, Oakland, LA Coliseum, Candlestick, Meadowlands, old Baltimore Memorial, RFK, et al - and have NEVER uncountered anything as barbaric as the utterly uncivilized primates at RWS.

I'm always amazed when people think it's a "local" issue.

This behavior takes place in every Football Stadium parking lot in the country. It's not just the NFL either... this isn't a Buffalo issue, it's a human issue.

Carry on.

I have been to 12 NFL stadiums. I get back into town to make two Bills games a year on average. Buffalo is definitely one of the worst places to see a game. Unless you like rowdy, drunk, and obscene fans ( not just limited to the twenty year olds), and extremely poor facilities. If you are a young man with a wife and young kids this is not a great place to go.

Bills games used to be an excellent NFL experience at one time but those days are long gone. Our collective tolerance for the drunks is ruining it.

On the postive side there are still lots of great places to tail gate. ECC lots are still good but they used to be excellent until raided by RV's. (Thanks Ralph)

Edited by Bob in STL

I did not read all of the posts, or any, except Bob's because his was the last one and happened to see he typed it and value his opinion (no offense to anyone else)...

All I can say is don't f'n go. Support a team that gives you cupcakes and pom poms, go to another stadium and sip mai tai's with people wearing the latest John Varvatos fashions propping their Louboutin heels up on their pent hose suite boxes, hell, go sit any other stadium you want. I am not endorsing the atmosphere at the Ralph, I am simply saying that if you don't like it change the dial. You're an adult.

I did not read all of the posts, or any, except Bob's because his was the last one and happened to see he typed it and value his opinion (no offense to anyone else)...

All I can say is don't f'n go. Support a team that gives you cupcakes and pom poms, go to another stadium and sip mai tai's with people wearing the latest John Varvatos fashions propping their Louboutin heels up on their pent hose suite boxes, hell, go sit any other stadium you want. I am not endorsing the atmosphere at the Ralph, I am simply saying that if you don't like it change the dial. You're an adult.

What no love for those who wear Bruno Maglis at the Ralph?

Its a distraction and really takes away from the game. Beyond that it's dangerous of course. I'll go with another guy buddy, but no way will I take young nieces/nephews, or out of town guests. Which is unfortunate because it means they can't expand the audience base and improve the teams economics. Relative to other places I think its due to the lack of corporate interest.

Stadium really needs to be moved to DT Niagara falls where it will attract greater tourist and corporate interest. The buffalo barbarian goofballs should be left with tractor pulls and smash up derby. That's all they deserve

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Or watch from home?

I travel in from Seattle to go to 2 games a year and sit in I think it's the Paul McGuire section, not sure. We park at ECC and walk through one of the lots. I think it's funny. The people are whack. The cook out, you can smell it. You can laugh at the drunks. They got music blaring. People flying Bills flags. I used to like to watch the people taking shots out of a bowling ball. Lots of people tossing around footballs. We do usually get there about 2 hours before kickoff so maybe it's not so bad then.

The reason they don't have this stuff at other stadiums I think is because at the newer fancy schmantsy stadiums like the one in Dallas or New England or New Jersey or Seattle, the tickets are so expensive it keeps the riff raff away. In Seattle the stadium is in downtown and most parking is in parking garages. Not really a good place to tailgate. In the parking lot next to stadium the rule is no alcohol. But of course people still do. But again, it's yuppie tailgaters and people in fancy motor homes. Not old school busses with Bills stuff spray painted on. But there are bars people go to before the game and drink $5 dollar beers instead of pounding down Cream Ale bought at the convenience store.

All I can say to this is that I am considering not going anymore. The indicident(s) that I dealt with at the last few games just might be the last straw. Been going to Bills games since the Rockpile days of '64.

I don't need pom poms, cupcakes, or mai tai's. I don't know what Louboutin's even are.