Some observations about the game and telecast

zow2

- I thought Fred was missed last night. Tashard Choice is strictly a downhill runner and is not elusive.

- CJ is awesome but see above. CJ took himself out of the game a few times because he was gassed. You need another RB to get 10 carries or so.

- Moore, Kyle Williams, Mario and Dareus played really well. Miami had nowhere to run. It's a shame they didn't have an effort like this vs. Tennessee. That would've been a win. Jairius Byrd is a stud!, Merriman played well and was a great veteran presence to have out there last night. Loved when he jacked up Jake Long.

- Overall last night the Bills got some favorable refereeing. Lot's of pass interference was called on Miami to assist drives. Big offensive PI was called against Hartline in crunch time (if that was New Englad it would've been ignored!). There was also a big holding penalty NOT called on one of our 1st Qtr FG drives. I think it was Hairston.

- Powell made me forget Moorman for a night.

- As much as i want them too, the Bills are not running the table. Going down to Miami on Dec. 23rd is gonna be tough, not to mention the other games. The Miami front 7 are pretty nasty and I can see them sacking Fitz about 6 times in that game.

- Tannehill does not have the look of a "special" QB to me. HE looks more like he'll be the next Jason Campbell, not the next Peyton Manning. So Miami, you can have him....good luck.

- The card stunt before the game was a FAIL. the TV telecast showed it from above and not enough people were in the upper deck yet to clearly see the word "Thank you". The lower bowl looked good.

- Bills fans made me proud during the game. The place looked filled up and the fans were rowdy. No one today in the national media will be ripping the city of Buffalo like they ripped Jacksonville last week.

- The postgame show with Spiller on the set was great. If you didn't watch, there were a few hundred Bills fans that hung around the set and chanted "CJ, CJ, CJ!..." You could tell, Rich Eisen, Michael Irvin, Deion and the crew were not used to having rabid fans down there and they got a kick out of Bills fans. CJ was animated and showing everyone love. Then at the end, Irvin kissed CJ and they gave him parting gifts...it was funny.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ is awesome but see above. CJ took himself out of the game a few times because he was gassed. You need another RB to get 10 carries or so

That's not what the announcers said, nor some of the sports writers post game reviews. Chan makes a lot of the calls as to when CJ is in or out. And FYI MANY R's take a breather after hard runs.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

- The card stunt before the game was a FAIL. the TV telecast showed it from above and not enough people were in the upper deck yet to clearly see the word "Thank you". The lower bowl looked good.

Not surprised, the upper deck has the majority of fans that wait to get into the stadium 10 minutes before kickoff, then complain that the lines at the gate are to long.

- Overall last night the Bills got some favorable refereeing. Lot's of pass interference was called on Miami to assist drives. Big offensive PI was called against Hartline in crunch time (if that was New Englad it would've been ignored!). There was also a big holding penalty NOT called on one of our 1st Qtr FG drives. I think it was Hairston.

It's funny when we think fair refereeing is the same as "favorable." The game was called very well overall, unlike games that we're used to against the Pats and others.

It's funny when we think fair refereeing is the same as "favorable." The game was called very well overall, unlike games that we're used to against the Pats and others.

Agreed. the penalties last night were legit on both teams but I'm so used to the Bills receivers NOT getting any PI calls...and certainly not getting an offensive PI call in our favor late in crunch time.

On another note...our receivers other than Stevie and maybe Chandler are so lax at fighting for balls. Man we really need a stud receiver someday who can go up and come down with some tough catches.

Aside from Stevie and Chandler, there are no pass catches on this team excluding the RBs. Chandler can go up and get the ball but he isn't be best route runner either-seems awkward/slow.

Stevie is a good route runner but he isn't a game breaker, but a decent possession receiver.

Donald Jones should of caught that pass for a TD early on..

It was called very well overall. But is was favorable to the Bills.

Those marginal PI calls in the first half for example generally don't get called on anyone. Much less multiple times and all against the same team.

It was an ugly win, but a win. And the zebras did their part.

Those marginal PI calls in the first half for example generally don't get called on anyone. Much less multiple times and all against the same team.

Since when is the defender holding a receiver's arm down considered "marginal?"

The only bad call I remember was when our defender hit Hartline in the head before the ball got there, and it wasn't called. So that non-call was "favorable." Otherwise, no, it was fair.

That's not what the announcers said, nor some of the sports writers post game reviews. Chan makes a lot of the calls as to when CJ is in or out. And FYI MANY R's take a breather after hard runs.

IIRC the quote attributed to Chan was that he takes CJ out "because he gets too excited at times," which made me want to throw my TV controller across the room.

Spelling the running back = common sense. Taking him out because he's allegedly overenthusiastic = :wallbash:

Before the game, the announcers clearly stated that Miami will be at 5-5 after the game. NFL Network is by itself supposed to be non-biased, but it they were disparaging the Bills before the game. That changed after McKelvins return. Still, the announcers sucked.

Since when is the defender holding a receiver's arm down considered "marginal?"

The only bad call I remember was when our defender hit Hartline in the head before the ball got there, and it wasn't called. So that non-call was "favorable." Otherwise, no, it was fair.

If you watch closely that kind of crap goes on every play unless the receiver breaks into the clear.

Was it PI, sure. Is it going to be called frequently on one team and not the other, not normally.

And yes, the fairly obvious non-call on the Bills for PI was helpful as well.

On TV we could see thank you, but the Y in Military was not all there.

Did you miss the Patriots game last week or something, talk about marginal PI calls, with that being said, I feel that there

is way to much PI called in general, let them play the freaking game!

On TV we could see thank you, but the Y in Military was not all there.

It was with MC and A!

One thing I was looking for in the broadcast of the game last night that never transpired was commentary from Mike Mayock on Cordy Glenn. Mayock was one of the most out spoken proponents of the notion that Glenn had the potential to be a Pro Bowl guard or even a decent RT but that he was never going to make it as a LT. Not saying that he was right or wrong at this early juncture about his assessments, just thought it was interesting that the highly opinionated Mayock did not bring that up. Maybe he was duped by Nix's pre-draft leaks that THEY did not feel that Cordy would ever be able to play LT.

We definitely got the benefit of the refs all game. Everyone at the bar was referring to it as our "Brady Offense". If that is what Pats fans are used to experiencing every week, I cant blame them for feeling like their team is untouchable. It wasnt horrendous officiating, but we definitely got lucky.

So happy they got the now obligatory shot of Niagara Falls in. Now shown at any Buffalo Bills home game

It's either that or the obligatory shot of wings getting tossed in a large metal bowl full of hot sauce, then getting dumped on a plate to be served.