how about colt mc coy

Sgt. Ski

Dwidzinski did you fall down and bump your head?

You may want to call 911 and get some medical attention.

He got a very fair shot. There is a reason they choose to draft Weeden. (The reason is Colt McCoy is not a good NFL QB)

Edited by Why So Serious?

I like the idea. I bet we could trade a 5th or 6th for him. The Browns are a terrible franchise. Weeden is not doing well this year either. McCoy had no one to throw the ball to. Wtih Spiller, Jackson, Johnson, etc. he'd have a much better shot at success here. Small downside, potentially good upside. Risk worth taking.

I've got it! QUARTERBACKING WITH THE STARS!! Bring in a dozen free agent QBs to compete for the Bills starting job. Ralph can sell tickets! What could go wrong?

PTR

I think you have something....it could be run by Michael Irvin...he could get in guy's faces when they don't lead the receiver into space, or can't hit a wide open go route down the sideli.......wait a minute.......we don't like to hurt people's feelings or show emotion on the sidelines in this organization. Damn. It was a hell of an idea.

Great Idea! Lets bring in a guy who couldnt make it in Cleveland. If he doesn't pan out mybe we can trade KC for Brady Quinn, and if that doesnt work out lets get Derek Anderson. Anderson and Quinn werent surrounded by talent in Cleveland either and have gone on to great heights with other franchises, so you just know McCoy will kill it in Buffalo.

Stupid post!

I like the idea. I bet we could trade a 5th or 6th for him. The Browns are a terrible franchise. Weeden is not doing well this year either. McCoy had no one to throw the ball to. Wtih Spiller, Jackson, Johnson, etc. he'd have a much better shot at success here. Small downside, potentially good upside. Risk worth taking.

Sad, you mention 2 running backs, and a middle of the pack receiver as improved targets for a lousy quarterback. Amazing.

I thought & think with the right coach that McCoy could be a good NFL QB he has the same make up as Brees & everyone thought he was a slug when he came out .

The guy was put into a new coaching staff , new scheme , being a rookie himself with a bunch of chumps for a supporting cast so how can you expect him to do anything with that it's not like he's the second coming of Montanna or something ...

If we were to have a back up i would rather have some one like him than Thigpen , he's younger , had a much better college career , & has a lot higher possible upside than Thiggy pudding !!

If you can get a guy like him at a good price , with the understanding that he will be the back up or #3 to start out i think it is something that needs to be looked at , hell it can't be any worse than spending a 7th round pick on T Jack just to let him sit the bench inactive CAN IT ???

At worst he would be a good backup for us.

Don't kid yourselfs, Fitz is a great backup but he wont ever be a backup on our team.

I've got it! QUARTERBACKING WITH THE STARS!! Bring in a dozen free agent QBs to compete for the Bills starting job. Ralph can sell tickets! What could go wrong?

PTR

That is a great idea. Seriously.

Colt is never going to be much better than Fitz...certainly not better enough to avoid, for another 2 or 3 seasons, really dealing with the QB situation. He is, to put it simply, more of the same... a good guy (great guy) with some talent, but not really more than mariginal NFL abilities. We already have 3 of those type QB's, after getting rid of three who fit that same bill. I would prefer to stick with Fitz at this point, and wait until something better than Colt McCoy comes along. Or, at least, somebody with more percieved upside than McCoy.

No thanks. Thought he was overhyped in college and has done nothing in the pros. His arm strength is no better than Fitz.

Colt's arm strengh is noticeably worse than Fitzpatrick's. Colt's a great guy and leader and definitely got a bit of a raw deal getting shoved aside for Weeden but they did it because Colt simply can't throw well beyond mid-range. It's awful actually.