Just watched the INT on the DVR multiple times

Virgil

Absolutely Fitz made a pre-read throw. It's even worse when you watch it in slow motion.

First off, any probably the worst part, is that Stevie ran a route up top with Choice that left him wide open in the top of the endzone. I'm not talking about him being open after the ball was thrown and the DB's ran away. I'm talking wide open with no one within 10 yards of him.

As for TJ, it's tough to tell, but I don't see any route he could have run from the moment Fitz threw the ball that would justify that throw. He was looking to his left, then just made the decision to look right and sling it. I don't think it would have mattered who was there.

As for those begging for him to throw to Jones at the 4 on the sidelines, there was a DB about 4 yards in front of him that could have possibly made a play.

End of the day, he had his number 1 wide open, and followed the play call blindly.

This helps me put it back on Gailey, but Fitz has to be smarter. He did go to Harvard

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if he cuts in near the goalline instead of cutting up the ball is there, or it's incomplete instead of INT. According to Fitz it was on him (although it sounded to me he was being diplomatic. According to TJ he made the wrong read. According to Gailey it was a read that both the QB and WR need to make depending on what the coverage was from the DB and he would have to look at it to see if TJ should have cut in or whether he made the right read. I would bet anything that TJ made the wrong read. The Safety was deep. It makes no sense to cut it up. It makes a ton of sense to cut it in.

It's a TD if Graham breaks underneath...There is no reason for him to go deep. I can't comment on the Stevie aspect of this but that is a TD pass if Graham makes the right read.

agreed. why would TJ cut up with the DB in the middle of the EZ? there was no space behind the DB, obviously wrong route was run.

Even if TJ cut underneath, he would have already needed to be in that break before the throw was made an running horizontally. That wasn't even close to happening. Plus, Fitz expected him to catch it during contact, the throw would have been short of the endzone.

I'm can't begin to predict positioning or who would have done what with the catch, but that would have to been a money throw and Fitz was having problems hitting people in stride all day. Even if everything went right with the route, again not knowing there was even an issue, it would have been a tough play to make.

Absolutely Fitz made a pre-read throw. It's even worse when you watch it in slow motion.

First off, any probably the worst part, is that Stevie ran a route up top with Choice that left him wide open in the top of the endzone. I'm not talking about him being open after the ball was thrown and the DB's ran away. I'm talking wide open with no one within 10 yards of him.

As for TJ, it's tough to tell, but I don't see any route he could have run from the moment Fitz threw the ball that would justify that throw. He was looking to his left, then just made the decision to look right and sling it. I don't think it would have mattered who was there.

As for those begging for him to throw to Jones at the 4 on the sidelines, there was a DB about 4 yards in front of him that could have possibly made a play.

End of the day, he had his number 1 wide open, and followed the play call blindly.

This helps me put it back on Gailey, but Fitz has to be smarter. He did go to Harvard

You can do this on almost any play on who they could have thrown to.

for Jones Fitz would have had to throw something that only Jones could catch like an over the top to the corner of the endzone.

I think you mean "pre-throw read" and you are assuming the play was designed to go to Graham as the primary reciever. Correct?

Lots of things happening here: the Pats disguise their coverage, rookies run the wrong pattern, Fitz blindly throws to a spot.

Was Spiller on the field?

If I am Fitz I start with Spiller in the backfield. I use Graham or Jones as the look-off to pull the safety or flood a zone, then look at Stevie, then big tall Chandler, then Spiller as a safety valve. That is my order. Rookies like Graham need to be wide open to get the ball.

Edited by Bob in STL

Not sure why he felt the need to go to the endzone on those last 2 throws-- we had whatever we wanted underneath and there was plenty of time.

Yep, and there were several plays were CJ was making people whiff right and left....why not give our best players the opportunity to win the game? Relying out a rookie WR who had "issues" earlier in the season that prevented him from getting on the field, or letting our THIRD STRING QB throw an ill-advised pass into the endzone is maddening.

Yep, and there were several plays were CJ was making people whiff right and left....why not give our best players the opportunity to win the game? Relying out a rookie WR who had "issues" earlier in the season that prevented him from getting on the field, or letting our THIRD STRING QB throw an ill-advised pass into the endzone is maddening.

we lost our two timeouts to injures. We only had around 30 sec. Left.

I would have basically run CJ on shallow crossing routes the whole way into the endzone. They were playing mostly man on that last drive, with a LB or slower safety on him. He was getting 10+ yards at will.

It's a TD if Graham breaks underneath...There is no reason for him to go deep. I can't comment on the Stevie aspect of this but that is a TD pass if Graham makes the right read.

Its not an interception if Fitz doesnt throw it right to the DB with a WR 8 yards away...Dont care what route was suppose to be ran the throw wasnt even close..

I think you mean "pre-throw read" and you are assuming the play was designed to go to Graham as the primary reciever. Correct?

Lots of things happening here: the Pats disguise their coverage, rookies run the wrong pattern, Fitz blindly throws to a spot.

Was Spiller on the field?

If I am Fitz I start with Spiller in the backfield. I use Graham or Jones as the look-off to pull the safety or flood a zone, then look at Stevie, then big tall Chandler, then Spiller as a safety valve. That is my order. Rookies like Graham need to be wide open to get the ball.

yes he was and he was wide open on a little wheel route - could have walked into the end zone.....it's a damn shame

Its not an interception if Fitz doesnt throw it right to the DB with a WR 8 yards away...Dont care what route was suppose to be ran the throw wasnt even close..

You're nuts. Go to nfl.com and watch the replay. If TJ cuts in instead of up the ball is right there and a TD if not 1st and goal on the 1.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012111103/2012/REG10/bills@patriots#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Edited by Kelly the Dog