Ryan nassib

HumbleAndHungry

I'm an SU fan, and while I've watched Nassib steadily improve, I don't think that he's an NFL starter.

He's flourished in the up tempo, no huddle offense that SU installed this off-season, but his accuracy is a concern for me.

He has evolved into a pretty damn good college QB. He'll be missed at SU next year.

6'3" 230 lbs can bench press 420 lbs and sub 4.9 40 yard dash for what its worth.

After reading some web sites regarding draft projections, they are saying he is a projected 3rd rounder. Why not draft a tyler wilson or tyler bray (if declares) in round 1 and then go ahead and draft ryan nassib, ej manuel, or tajh boyd (if declares) in the 3rd or 4th. I know we have other glaring needs but the more qb prospects we draft, the better chance we have of landing that franchise player.

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

6'3" 230 lbs can bench press 420 lbs and sub 4.9 40 yard dash for what its worth.

After reading some web sites regarding draft projections, they are saying he is a projected 3rd rounder. Why not draft a tyler wilson or tyler bray (if declares) in round 1 and then go ahead and draft ryan nassib, ej manuel, or tajh boyd (if declares) in the 3rd or 4th. I know we have other glaring needs but the more qb prospects we draft, the better chance we have of landing that franchise player.

Oh, I think it would be a really good idea to draft 2 QB's in 2013. One in the 1st round, and then one in the 3rd or 4th.....completely reload on the position with young talent. If Nassib was there in the 3rd round he would be a great pick IMO.

Oh, I think it would be a really good idea to draft 2 QB's in 2013. One in the 1st round, and then one in the 3rd or 4th.....completely reload on the position with young talent. If Nassib was there in the 3rd round he would be a great pick IMO.

This team needs LB's too. Having said that, if it writes Fitz a ticket out of town, I'm all for it.

Can he throw over 20 yards?

Ryan can throw it to Tipp Hill from the 50 yard line of the Carrier Dome. He's got plenty of arm strength, however, as previous posters have mentioned, his accuracy is questionable. I will say though, as a Syracuse fan, that I have watched him improve in this department over his college career.

Or creating a disfunctional situation no one succeeds in.

Just playing devils advocate against loading up on qbs in this draft.

I lean towards get 1 and get him early, or pass completely

• 2 weeks later...

Can he throw a 10, 15, 20 yard out?

Those intermediate passes are what he does best imo. He doesn't have good touch on the short stuff or real good accuracy on the deep balls. Good arm & good athlete though, just about all the physical tools you want, and he's good in the 2minutes. There's just something about him that I can't quite pinpoint that makes me skeptical about him in the NFL. But I mean if he's going to be there in the 5th round I say why not. Mike Schoop has it totally right when he says teams that don't have a qb should be drafting 2-3 of them every year.

Edited by BuffOrange

Mike Schoop has it totally right when he says teams that don't have a qb should be drafting 2-3 of them every year.

That is ridiculous. Teams have 7 draft picks per year and you want to you 2-3 on QBs every year? I am glad you and Schopp the dope are not involved in decision making for the Bills. I think teams should draft a QB nearly every year to develop but wasting multiple picks every year on QBs will leave you horribly weak at many other positions.

There's just something about him that I can't quite pinpoint that makes me skeptical about him in the NFL.

What makes me skeptical of him (Orange fan too btw) is he reminds me a lot of Trent. He does an awful lot of checking down or at least I thought so before this year. Secondly he is a qb at cuse. That in itself makes me skeptical.

That said before this year I didn't think he was a pro qb. After watching him I have changed my tune. I don't know if he can compete in crazy conditions but in the dome he is amazing. The Louisville game he threw darts everywhere all over the field against a top 10 team. He also exploded earlier in the year (Northwestern), played well against a top D (USC), and has had a qb rating over 100 in each game this year.

He is deserving of a mid round flier. Somewhere in the 3-4-5 range. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in New Orleans. Marrone coached for them before coming to Cuse and may recommend him. At the very least an apprenticeship behind Brees can't hurt.

Not sure if any of you saw it, but It was confirmed on the broadcast last week that SU is running the K-Gun offense this year (yes our offense from the 90's). Their staff studied it and have implemented it and it's paying dividends. Ryan has steadily improved in his time at SU and I would indeed be intrigued by a pickup like that. He is very smart with his reads like Fitz, but has a stronger arm. He'd be an interesting development guy...

I'm an SU fan that doesn't watch as many of their games as I'd like to, but I've seen a fair amount of Nassib's games over the years. He's somewhat intriguing, but it's hard for me to see him as a starter in the NFL. I wouldn't think about drafting him before the 3rd round, but I also wouldn't mind if we drafted him. He's had a really nice year so far this year, and I like the guy.

I dont think theres really a point in drafting 2 QBs this year.. maybe one this year and one in 2014. If you draft 2 this year then you arent instilling very much confidence in the guy whose drafted first.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on ryan Nassib, could be a decent late round pick up (5th or 6th). I like his arm strength and seems to make decent decisions. I wouldn't mind seeing the bills draft two qbs, an early and late rounder.

Finkle, this is not to pick on you, my friend, but from now on whenever people start these threads regarding draft picks can you please link and/or cut and paste to their stats.

...I wish this was sort of a gentle rule on TSW whenever mentioning potential picks, regardless of how well known the player referenced is.

Again, no offense intended.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Im going to say no to Nassib because he comes from a loser culture at SU just like there is in Buffalo. Watching these two teams over the years it is remarkable the dumb mistakes and how often they both find a way to lose

Bellicheat doesn't think like that. He took Chandler Jones in Round 1. He looks pretty good as a rookie for the Pats.

That is ridiculous. Teams have 7 draft picks per year and you want to you 2-3 on QBs every year? I am glad you and Schopp the dope are not involved in decision making for the Bills. I think teams should draft a QB nearly every year to develop but wasting multiple picks every year on QBs will leave you horribly weak at many other positions.

Yes, thank God we have Troupe/Carrington/Shephard terrorizing opposing QB's & RB's every week. Otherwise we might be in the midst of a 13 year playoff drought.

I dont think theres really a point in drafting 2 QBs this year.. maybe one this year and one in 2014. If you draft 2 this year then you aren't instilling very much confidence in the guy whose drafted first.

I think it's more of a reflection of not having confidence in our current back-up QB's.

I dont think theres really a point in drafting 2 QBs this year.. maybe one this year and one in 2014. If you draft 2 this year then you arent instilling very much confidence in the guy whose drafted first.

I think he'll be able to put on his big boy pants and deal with it. If he has any sense of the history of the Bills, he'd understand.

Guest PaulytheEagle

Nassib has the pro arm and can read defenses. Remember you can only run an up tempo offense w a QB that can complete passes - he's the reason it's working - he can read and throw - seems like a coach on the field - smart money is w Nassib

Love the red-headed Pennsylvania kid that played at the 'Cuse. Has a lot of the tools.

These are the smart decisions that the bills should but do not make. We all know we are small market and we all know that we are not a prime destination for sought-after players and coaches. The BEST thing we can do to help combat that is, when available, to bring in as many skilled players that know/understand the area as possible. Example: Gronk was a gift wrapped to us from God....a WNY kid that grew up a Bills fan...monster talent....we needed a TE.....and we still F'd that up. I question whether or not the FO even grasps this concept at all.

Instead, we will reach for an SEC guy with the same caliber skill-set that has never lived a day in his life north of North Carolina or east of Denver. There are other factors in play when these guys move away from their comfort zones.....a team of Bama/LSU transplants does not lend itself to long-term bonding with the area/fan base. Doubtful our GM even considers this.

Love this kid in the 3rd/4th- as our 2nd QB of the draft.....my guess is he doesnt last that long.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

• 4 weeks later...

Im going to say no to Nassib because he comes from a loser culture at SU just like there is in Buffalo. Watching these two teams over the years it is remarkable the dumb mistakes and how often they both find a way to lose

Syracuse has been a losing culter for a while now but they are turning the ship around and its in part to hard working player like Ryan. I can't wait till we get to the ACC because then we will be able to show the growth this program had made.

Nassib will not make it to the 3rd round. There is absolutely no way that will happen. If you think he will last until the middle rounds, you obviously haven't been watching Syracuse football this year.

Syracuse has been terrible for so long that a lot of people are discounting them out of hand instead of actually watching them and giving Nassib a chance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.