Roll Call: Jealous of the Colts for having Andrew Luck

Boludo

How good is it to be a Colts fan right now?

One of the best things in all of NFL fandom is having a young quarterback to root for. You live and die with every throw, scrutinizing everything he does on the field and charting his growth. There is so much hope for the future, the sky is the limit.

PLEASE BUFFALO DRAFT A QUARTERBACK!

Remember when it was FUN to root for Losman? Hell even Edwards seemed cool for a minute.

It just feels so hopeless with Fitzpatrick.

Edited by Boludo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember watching Losman in a preseason game against Denver at home I believe in '04 before he got hurt and I was convinced he was gonna be sick. And yes I remember (barely) the feeling of what it was like to root for a young highly-touted QB with potential. I gotta be honest with you though, I always saw Edwards as a game manager at best. I'll disagree with you on him in fact- were you ever more excited about Edwards than you were about Fitzpatrick after the Raiders and New England games last year? The San Diego home game when the power went out MAYBE. That was the peak of Edwards' career. But he was never slinging it downfield the way Fitzpatrick was at the beginning of last year. Unfortunately, Fitz has regressed since the contract was signed.

On another note: how disgusting is it that the Jags tarp off a huge chunk of seats every game and the stadium STILL is only half empty on a Thursday night Primetime game. People can complain all they want about the Bills, their fan base, and how we don't support them at the end of the year in the middle of snowstorms when were already out of the playoff hunt. But the Jacksonville Jaguars and the amount of fans that show up for a game like this is an absolute JOKE. There is no way in hell anyone should be worried about losing the team when we see crap like this in the NFL.

One of the best things in all of NFL fandom is having a young quarterback to root for. You live and die with every throw, scrutinizing everything he does on the field and charting his growth. There is so much hope for the future, the sky is the limit.

Remember when it was FUN to root for Losman? Hell even Edwards seemed cool for a minute.

Keep in mind that there is more than one young QB playing in that game.

I am all in favor of drafting someone like Andrew Luck. Of course, that guy would have to be available.

I am not in favor of drafting a QB (e.g., the 2013 version of Gabbert) in the first round just so that we can say we drafted a QB.

Yes Luck is awesome. So is Gabbert. Oh wait. No, he isn't. Remember the hype on him? How many folks wanted him here? Or how about Justin Blackmon? He's lighting up the NFL, ain't he? Another can't-miss blue chipper. <_<

For every Luck, there are 2-3 Gabberts, Losmans, and Blackmons. The draft is a gamble in any round.

PTR

Why couldn't we tank last year and get Luck :wallbash:

On another note: how disgusting is it that the Jags tarp off a huge chunk of seats every game and the stadium STILL is only half empty on a Thursday night Primetime game. People can complain all they want about the Bills, their fan base, and how we don't support them at the end of the year in the middle of snowstorms when were already out of the playoff hunt. But the Jacksonville Jaguars and the amount of fans that show up for a game like this is an absolute JOKE. There is no way in hell anyone should be worried about losing the team when we see crap like this in the NFL.

LA Jaguars :thumbsup:

Yes Luck is awesome. So is Gabbert. Oh wait. No, he isn't. Remember the hype on him? How many folks wanted him here? Or how about Justin Blackmon? He's lighting up the NFL, ain't he? Another can't-miss blue chipper. <_<

For every Luck, there are 2-3 Gabberts, Losmans, and Blackmons. The draft is a gamble in any round.

PTR

Still gota draft one.

I am not in favor of drafting a QB (e.g., the 2013 version of Gabbert) in the first round just so that we can say we drafted a QB.

I would rather draft one and have the feeling that we may have our franchise QB, a sense that we are progressing and the future will be OK (a false sense of security or not), rather than deal with Fitz (or some other garbage QB) for another year.

Edited by kas23

PTR

I don't recall anyone wanting Gabbert, other than Todd McShay.

Blackmon is good, but he can't throw himself the ball.

I was thinking the same thing. This team was blessed to have Peyton Manning for 12 years. He gets injured, and Irsay was smart enough to throw the season (which he absoultely did) and now he will have Andrew Luck (if he can stay healthy) for at least 15 years. What a great time to be a Colts fan.

On a side note - Archie Manning was the featured speaker at a luncheon here for Compeer in Rochester - what a class act. Very humble, friendly and a great speaker and gentleman.

Tampa Bay have major problems selling out also....9,000 tickets remained to this sundays game, just to get to the 85-percent minimum.