Assuming a loss to the Pats.....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since a loss to the Pats on the road is a virtual lock, at 3-6 are you throwing up on the season completely and does this become last year all over again with everyone walking away? Might as well get it started now.

Assuming a loss to the Pats? That's like death and taxes.

Depends what you mean by "done". Realisticly the playoff option evaporated when they lost to the Titans. There are some things to be acomplished on a game to game basis. Let's start with beating New England in their yard. They have a better chance of doing that then they had beating the Texans. Also how about showing progress against the AFC East rivals and finishing ahead of Miami and the Jets? I will consider a second place AFC East finish a successful season.

Fair enough. Agreed.

I gave up on our team once.

It was 2004. We were 3-6, coming off a loss to the patriots.

A quick glance at our schedule revealed games upcoming against boring teams like seattle, st. louis, and miami.

The air had been let out of the balloon, and I could have cared less.

I missed the best 6 weeks of football the Bills have played in the last 15 years.

I don't care how pessimistic everyone on this board is.

I live in New England -- I saw the Sox come back from an 0-3 hole to beat the Yankees and go on to win a world series.

I just cant fathom how anyone would give up on the bills before they are mathematically eliminated.

Why watch in the first place--doesnt that make you a "bandwagon" fan?

The season is over. Losing to the *Patriots will drop us to 3-6 and 0-3 in the division.

I'm for tanking and cleaning house once again.

Oh yeah, for the people saying we'll probably finish 5-3 or 6-2 and barely miss the playoffs...The last time the Bills were anywhere close to making it was in 2004. It's not going to happen.

9-12 picks are not too high to get a franchise qb....

Aaron Rdogers pick #24=super bowl champ........

Ben Roethlisberger pick #11=super bowl champion

Drew Brees pick #32=super bowl champion

Brett Favre pick #33=super bowl champion

Jim kelly pick #14=4 super bowl appearances in a row=hall of famer

I'm in Dallas this week on business. Listened to the local sports talk while driving around. Today was "Cowboy's Monday" and it's the same song down here. They absolutely crucified Garrett. No playoff hopes, fire the owner, dump Romo, etc. etc. I had to chuckle. Actually made me feel less bad about being a Bills fan. Of course to their credit, down here they seem to measure seasons not by whether they have a winning or losing season but whether they make and win the SB or not.....

Many Bills fans are giving up because they have known for years that Fitz will never take a team anywhere without a top Defense and a strong running game. We have the running game but NO Defense. The fans knew before the bye week that Wanny is clueless and needs to go but yet after setting records for being one of the worst defenses ever, he's still here. So I can completely understand why people are giving up on this team. If the team can't even try to improve their gross weaknesses, then why shouldn't we give up?

I usually drive up to Buffalo every year for the Miami game but I'm not wasting my time and money this year.

Call me when Wanny is gone and Fitz is benched. It's pretty sad that this office has been in place for 3 years and I'm looking forward to next years draft more than next weeks game - and it's only early November. Thanks a lot Nix.

I'm in Dallas this week on business. Listened to the local sports talk while driving around. Today was "Cowboy's Monday" and it's the same song down here. They absolutely crucified Garrett. No playoff hopes, fire the owner, dump Romo, etc. etc. I had to chuckle. Actually made me feel less bad about being a Bills fan. Of course to their credit, down here they seem to measure seasons not by whether they have a winning or losing season but whether they make and win the SB or not.....

The cowgirls blow, have a blowheart owner and haven't sniffed anything in a long long time. I don't see the measuring by making and winning superbowl argument at all. But it's true. They haven't and won't be there for awhile. They suck, they get more press than the Bills that's all.

A quick glance at our schedule revealed games upcoming against boring teams like seattle, st. louis, and miami.

I missed the best 6 weeks of football the Bills have played in the last 15 years.

I live in New England -- I saw the Sox come back from an 0-3 hole to beat the Yankees and go on to win a world series.

I just cant fathom how anyone would give up on the bills before they are mathematically eliminated.

Don't even throw that word around a fanbase that has endured this crap for the last 13 years. Anybody who is still around now deserves a freakin trophy.

That being said, I am still cautiously optimistic. I will still watch. I will still wear my Buffalo gear. They can't get rid of me.

Edited by sodbuster

Best six weeks of Bills football was back in 2004...nuff said!

Is that Nix's MO? Taking running backs and cornerbacks? Let's look at the first 3 rounds of his 3 drafts w/ us, shall we? 2010: RB/DT/DE, 2011: DT/CB/LB, 2012: CB/OT/WR. I was cool with every pick of the last 2 years (at the time- I don't think it's happening for Aaron Williams or Kelvin Sheppard but everyone was psyched about both of them), but I'll never get over taking Torell Troup the pick before Rob Gronkowski. Never. And did you disagreed with them taking Gilmore this year? Are you disappointed in CJ Spiller's play?

Yes, it is Nix's MO. 2/3 drafts he took a RB or CB. We could have kept Lynch who is pro-bowl bound this year and drafted another position of need instead of CJ. CJ is great but a lux. pick we could not afford. We could have drafted someone like Jason Pierre-Paul, and would have preferred Chandler Jones, or Mercilus, this year.

9-12 picks are not too high to get a franchise qb....

Aaron Rdogers pick #24=super bowl champ........

Ben Roethlisberger pick #11=super bowl champion

Drew Brees pick #32=super bowl champion

Brett Favre pick #33=super bowl champion

Jim kelly pick #14=4 super bowl appearances in a row=hall of famer

just has to be the right draft year. I'm not sure there are any QB's this year worth taking. Which is why you take Te'O!!!

Edited by RyanC883

Since a loss to the Pats on the road is a virtual lock, at 3-6 are you throwing up on the season completely and does this become last year all over again with everyone walking away? Might as well get it started now.

Yes, I would give up on the season. The Titan game was huge. I had then at 4-5 after this week with an easier schedule, at least on paper, ahead of them. But if they can somehow upset the Patsie's, I'll be back. I'll still go to the games and yell like a mad man at home games for the rest of the year, but won't expect the F***ing playoff drought to end this year...

I gave up as far as my expectations go, when we lost huge back to back. I'm always hopeful, though, for some miraculous turn around that gets us to the playoffs.

Reality is, we don't have talent, or coaching, or a front office, capable of being a consistent winner in this league. And that will likely never change.

The schedule gets easier and the Bills couold win 4 or 5 more games thus taking themselves out of position to draft a good QB. Don't see them trading up in the draft. The past few times they have traded premium draft picks it has exploded in their face. Losman, McCargo or Bledsoe anyone ? Nix is going to play it safe. Don't expect any great changes in personel.