You Go Unions!

3rdnlng

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone really needs to familiarize themselves with your voting history to make such an assertion. Your body of work hear speaks for itself.

Thanks...exactly what I was going to type. Always funny to see another conner-level lemming get upset because they think they are unique.

Somebody will buy the brand and make them... Sorry Texas! Maybe they will move to Colorado or Washington?

Or maybe people already tied to Hostess will buy the assets, void the contracts, set up in Texas where the equipment is already in place, and hire a bunch of people without a union contract.

Just sayin'...

Left wingers are great aren't they? More to come with BarryCare kicking in. Brave new world heading directly into the shitter. Or should I say "Forward" into the shitter.

Edited by Dante

Hey, you'll never guess who is really to blame for the end of Hostess!!!

"Bain-style Wall Street vultures!!!"

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83979.html

Dear people who still support unions: this would be a good time to distance yourself from the crazyasses you've been following to the unemployment line.

Yup, $130M in private equity to get it out of bankruptcy in 2009 really did it in!!! I mean, capital investment so an American company is able to continue operating for 3 years and keeping 18,500 people employed (right up until they demand more money and benefits in the face of sagging sales) is... uh... anti-American! Yeah, that's what it is!

When the company is split up and fire-saled, I wonder... who's going to buy all the cream-filled centers? Doesn't that get sticky? What about the royalties from "Die Hard"? What foodstuff is going to allow murderers to blame sugar-highs for their crimes? #TheTwinkieDefense.

Welcome to the next 4 years, America. You asked for it, you got it.

What's so laughable to me about this story - and yes, I'm laughing AT you azzholes - is that some of the same people (I'll gratuitously include the First Lady and NYC Mayor Boogerburg in this group) who are staunchly promoting "healthy" eating habits are some of the same clowns who are bemoaning the demise of a private sector business whose product line could be one of the most responsible parties for feeding generations of Americans tons of "empty calories" of "junk food". :w00t::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :w00t:

:nana: You can't have your Twinky and eat it too! :nana:

What's so laughable to me about this story - and yes, I'm laughing AT you azzholes - is that some of the same people (I'll gratuitously include the First Lady and NYC Mayor Boogerburg in this group) who are staunchly promoting "healthy" eating habits are some of the same clowns who are bemoaning the demise of a private sector business whose product line could be one of the most responsible parties for feeding generations of Americans tons of "empty calories" of "junk food". :w00t::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :w00t:

:nana: You can't have your Twinky and eat it too! :nana:

Sure you can...when pandering to unions is involved.

"Bain-style Wall Street vultures!!!"

Yup, $130M in private equity to get it out of bankruptcy in 2009 really did it in!!! I mean, capital investment so an American company is able to continue operating for 3 years and keeping 18,500 people employed (right up until they demand more money and benefits in the face of sagging sales) is... uh... anti-American! Yeah, that's what it is!

This is one of the more hollow 'pro-union'/anti-rich guys arguments I've seen. Damn those people for investing in their employer.... :wacko:....and keeping their jobs afloat in the midst of bankruptcy. They're animals I tell ya....animals.

Classic biting of the hand that feeds you.

From CNN:

Mike Hummell, a receiving clerk and a member of the Bakers' union working in Lenexa, Kan., said he was making about $48,000 in 2005 before the company's first trip through bankruptcy. Concessions during that reorganization cut his pay to $34,000 last year, earning $16.12 an hour. He said the latest contract demands would have cut his pay to about $25,000, with significantly higher out-of-pocket expenses for insurance.

"The point is the jobs they're offering us aren't worth saving," he said Friday. "It instantly casts me into poverty. I wouldn't be able to make my house payment. My take-home would be less than unemployment benefits. Being on unemployment while we search for a new job, that's a better choice than working these hours for poverty wages."

Since when does unemployment pay $25K. Get another job but keep your current one. Now you got nothing idiot, and you've helped 18,000 of your fellow HOHO and Tweenkie maker also collect unemployment.

Way to take even more money out of my pocket.

God's will: You heard it first here from the Tea Scum:

"God intended Hostess to go under... He hates Ding Dongs... He only likes when a ding dong rapes somebody and gets them pregnant." -Akin from MO

A lot of people lost their job and all you could come up with is that? I have no problem with private sector unions and they dug their own grave.

Lets hope those toll Booth operators get what's coming to them.

Forbes: Hostess Exited Bankruptcy Because Of "Substantial Concessions By The Two Big Unions."
Forbes explained that Hostess was able to exit bankruptcy in 2009 for three reasons, including that "substantial concessions" were made "by the two big unions" -- the Teamsters and the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union. Forbes further explained that "annual labor cost savings to the company were about $110 million" and that "thousands of union members lost their jobs." [Forbes,
]

Last July, the court documents said, the compensation committee of Hostess's board approved an increase in then-chief executive Brian Driscoll's salary from to $2.55 million from around $750,000. The company had hired restructuring lawyers in March 2011, the creditors said, and filed for bankruptcy protection on Jan. 11.

Besides Mr. Driscoll, "other executives' salaries were increased by from 35% to 80%," the creditors said. The documents said that Mr. Driscoll subsequently renounced a portion of the increase while "other executives did not appear to have done so." Besides Mr. Driscoll, two other executives who saw their salaries increase have also left the company, according to the spokesman.[
The Wall Street Journal
]