Rob Ryan, the next head coach of the buffalo bills.

Id like this, he would use the talent we have on D and run the ball! we need a defensive guy

Funny, with DJ a defensive guy,people said we needed a offensive guy?

What we need is to clean house top to bottom. That would only come with new ownership.

In the meantime choices are few to none. Including getting more EX retread coaches/ sportsTV talking heads. And then put up with a 72 year old first time GM who can't draft defense to save his life.

Does it matter? Is everyone asking for Billick, Chucky, Edwards, etc. because they "appear' to know coaching in NFL 2012? Honestly, then lets bring back Marv. It's not changing no matter what washed up coach that is coerced to sign with Ralph & company.

<div class='message error'> <strong>Javascript Disabled Detected</strong> <p>You currently have javascript disabled. Several functions may not work. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality.</p> </div> <br />

Replying to Rob Ryan, the next head coach of the buffalo bills. .............i thought bath salts were made illegal

This would be awesome. This team needs attitude, but he would want to bring a 3-4 with him i'm sure.

My thoughts exactly , if they did hire him there would be no shortage of firey attitude thats for sure & i'll bet that Mario would get off his azz if Rob was his coach !!!

The main reason I love this idea, even more than the fact that Rob seems to be able to walk that fine line of being a disciplinarian and a "players coach", is that I love the Ryan philosophy of defense. How can you look at defenses that Buddy ran like the '85 Bears, then the late 80s Eagles, the '93 Oilers, and even into the late 90s Cardinals when he took over. Those defenses WRECKED people. Rob Ryan, probably even more than Rex since he doesn't have all the media sideshow nonsense going on, was raised on that defense. It's part of his DNA. This is the style I thought we were getting with Greggo, but it never came to fruition. But this is EXACTLY the style of defense that I truly believe will thrive in B-lo. You rush one more player than the offense can account for...make the QB reads and line calls a guessing game...and put the QB on his arse as often as possible. Will they hit a play here and there? Yep, of course. It's a risk/reward scheme. But you just can't argue with the success it's had over the years when the coach behind it is knows wtf he's doing.

When he's done perhaps you can enlighten us on the "genius" of hiring the blowhard.......please?

I'm more than happy to do that.

Firstly I'd like to see a list of the blow hard and obnixious comments by ROB Ryan.

Edited by Why So Serious?

One thing is for sure, this team has needed an ass-kicker for a HC for many, many years now to set the tone & get everyone in-line (and not a clown like GW either). I don't know if Rob Ryan is the one, maybe he is... but that would be a step in the right direction, maybe the new regime will make it happen.

Since we do have some talent on the team (look at that D-Line), it's clearly a case of infusing the right attitude and some much needed leadership. Players love to play for the Ryan boys--with Chan losing his team, it's time to bring in some new blood. I'd still give Buddy another year--takes a few years for a GM's plan to come to fruition. If he gets us the QB, some WRs who are threats and nasty LBs, I think we're there.

Edited by biggerdaddynj

Why would anyone want gailey as a OC after getting canned/reassigned from a head coach.First, he's look foolish even if such an outrageous move was made. What more do we need too see from the over the hill loser? He drafted his waterbug, yet hasn't a clue how to make it work to the teams advantage, his quarterback is the polar opposite of clutch. He is very jauronesque with his "lost in the headlights" look on the sideline. His quarterback coaching expertise is WAY overblown. I give you Fitz for proof. He has a losing record in Buffalo, was canned from his previous OC gig. Yet, he should become a OC for the losing culture he created made in Buffalo? His team has regressed this year, big time. Any fool that says repeatedly "I don't have the answers" is typically canned in any business Seriously, what is this old farts upside?

Considering all the touchdowns we have scored with one of the worst QB and WRs in the league, that's a stroke of genius. If he was just OC he wouldn't be allowed to make many of the mind boggling decisions he makes, take those handful of bad plays away and he has done a pretty good job with the offense. I don't have a problem with how he's using Fred and CJ they are both getting good runs so no biggie there.

Bjoern Verner is most definitely NOT a 3-4 OLB. He's a hand in the dirt DE. He could play 3-4 DE before he played OLB. Try watching college ball and studying for a change instead of just seeing a player you like and starting 8 threads about how they are our next savior.

And Mario couldn't play in a 34 either right? Maybe you should get educated before you open your mouth. Starting threads on Tanehill, Bray and Pachall is only 3 and I never said they we be our saviour, just our much needed QB that we don' t have. It takes many great players and coaches to get to the superbowl. Maybe you should start reading what I actually say and not what you think I said.

I wouldn't be a fan of this move. He, along with his brother have always been all hat, no cattle.

As DC, I think he's underwhelmed in his stops at Oakland, Cleveland and Dallas and their teams don't get better. They either stay the same or regress.

He just strikes me as one of those Coordinators that's hit his ceiling.. not Head Coach material. I know, he's not been given the chance to prove otherwise, it's just a feeling I get from him.

Think: Ray Rhodes, Dick LeBeau, Mike Martz, Mike Nolan and Wade Phillips

He would bring swagger to an organization with the least amount of it. He would bring discipline to a team with very little. He would stop the gushing on D and give our offense/new qb/new OC room to find its groove.

Only issue is: I see Garrett on the hot seat very soon and Rob is most-likely the next in line. From a prestige point of view, HC of Dallas is top 3-4 in the NFL. From an insane and meddling owner point of view, bottom 3.....right there with the Bills.

I don't think there's a good chance for us but would really like to see it.

No. Serious. Can you enlighten us, please?

Do this: Google "Rob Ryan Idiot", then google "Rob Ryan Idiot", then google "Rob Ryan Loudmouth" and you'll get your answer. You could also watch his stupid act on the sideline for a game or two.

He just strikes me as one of those Coordinators that's hit his ceiling.. not Head Coach material. I know, he's not been given the chance to prove otherwise, it's just a feeling I get from him.

Yep.

Ryan is NOT even remotely in this rather elite class of cooridnators you've listed.

Head Coach? I'm sorry....what are his credentials?

(Chan Gailey) :D

And Mario couldn't play in a 34 either right? Maybe you should get educated before you open your mouth. Starting threads on Tanehill, Bray and Pachall is only 3 and I never said they we be our saviour, just our much needed QB that we don' t have. It takes many great players and coaches to get to the superbowl. Maybe you should start reading what I actually say and not what you think I said.

Yeah, I dont know a thing about Werner. I only live in tallahassee and have seen every game of his. He's a DE. Through and through.

As for your posts, i'll give them more credibility when you stop posting with the mental acuity of a 4 year old.

Edited by Ramius

Yeah, I dont know a thing about Werner. I only live in tallahassee and have seen every game of his. He's a DE. Through and through.

As for your posts, i'll give them more credibility when you stop posting with the mental acuity of a 4 year old.

Well Spanky I've been watchin Ball before you were born and watch 4-5 pro and college games a week and know a few things myself, thanks for keeping up.