Vick is done

The question is....what would Vick look like behind THIS O line with THIS running game

Because frankly I dont know if I like ANY of the QBs in this next draft

Honestly John, I think he would look a lot better than he does behind that patchwork oline in philly. And here's the proof. They signed one of our castoffs.

Another thing to add would be the targets. The wrs on the eagles aren't any taller than him. Could you imagine vick, sj, tj, chandler, dn, cj, fj. Pretty potent imo.

Like I said, I know he's far from the best. However, if we had him for the past two years I just think we could have made out a lot better. Jmo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick still has plenty of game left in him. Andy is the problem. Vick is far from the greatest but imho he's better than fitz.

I believe he would have flourished in CG system. And we all know he isn't the most accurate, but at least he can get it down the field, geez!!

The thing is...Vick started to look great as a pocket passer his first year in Philly, and he was getting the ball down field A LOT! Then he started taking a beating trying to throw all those 5-7 step drop back passes, and everyone knows he is going to pass.

The question is....what would Vick look like behind THIS O line with THIS running game

Great point, and probably the biggest reason this HC didn't want a rookie QB behind center the last 3 years. I can't see any QB lasting behind that line until they fix the RT-RG positions. Hairston might be the solution at RT

Reid has never liked running but his coaching mind will revert back to old school so he can build his rookies confidence by running the ball.

Yea I agree!

Somewhere along the line Reid forgets to run the ball effectively to set up the pass. He did the same thing with McNabb, and he is killing his QB's in the process.

The whole entire idea behind the WCO is to dink and dunk until the LB's / DB's move up and then throw over them. While Reid just wants to air it out deep every play now. If your not gonna D&D then you need to run the ball.

Vick still has plenty of game left in him. Andy is the problem. Vick is far from the greatest but imho he's better than fitz.

I believe he would have flourished in CG system. And we all know he isn't the most accurate, but at least he can get it down the field, geez!!

I love all this "CG system" stuff (we've seen it for Vick, RG3, Newton--hmmmm). Anyway, Vick has always taken a ton of sacks--he took 45 or more twice in ATL. His sacks mainly come after he leaves the pocket and he can't find his receivers. He has thrown for over 20 TDs once in his entire career. He has completed over 60% of his passes once in his entire career. Only twice has he thrown for over 3000 yards. This is the guy you want?? He has a big arm--so what? He has know idea how to use it.

You can't make the argument that he is playing better than Fitz right now.

Our stud RBs will average 20 yards per game, as Vick will continue to run with the ball. The two best Decoy RBs in the league after LeSean McCoy

exactly....Vick is getting killed back there...yesterday he played pretty well. the defense let them down, but Vick has zero protection back there and i bet his fumbles are a result of being in a ton of pain and when he gets hit he loses the grip on the ball....

Foles will get killed behind that O-Line.

In the grand scheme of things, I just don't get the Bills would be better with Vick comments. I'm not a Fitz supporter be any means, but he runs an offense that scores a lot of points, more than Vick's offense. Fitz's biggest problem is turnovers at very in opportune times (and then our D loses the game for us). Guess who else has the same problem? Fitz has thrown 9 INT with 3 fumbles. Vick, 8 INT with 5 fumbles. Yesterday's game was an anomoly for Vick. He usually singlehandedly gift wraps wins for other teams. So, Vick can throw a ball farther than Fitz. Look where that got him? Pretty much nowhere. We would crucify Vick here. Haven't we had enough of QBs who are mistaken prone? Have our standard fallen that much over the years.

Plus, I would be careful in saying that Vick behind our line would be so much better. We just don't know. Our line is very good, but this success is partially due to Fitz. He can't throw a ball more than 20 yards, so he gets rid of the ball quickly. Vick wouldn't be getting rid of the ball as quickly.

Saying that we would want Vick over Fitz is like picking a Dodge Dart over Kia Rio. I wouldn't want either one. Enough with the cast-offs already. Why do we always get stuck picking the lesser of two evils? I couldn't possibly believe either one would lead us to a Superbowl.

I bet his fumbles are a result of being in a ton of pain and when he gets hit he loses the grip on the ball....

post-7813-0-56820400-1351515327_thumb.jpg

Fitz is at his best when he just tucks it and runs. Vick is better at running than Fitz. Teach him to slide and maybe the fumbles stop. Our OL is much better and he is much more accurate than Fitz - and can make deep throws and throws to the sideline.

Vick/Tebow/Matt Moore/Flynn/Hasselback/Clausen/Mallet/Cousins

I'd give any of those guys a shot plus TJax who we already have.

After seeing Vicks interview he has no confidence in himself and knows his career is over.

I will be shocked if Reid doesn't bench him in favor of Nick Foles.

I think it was PFT - like 95% sure it was PFT - wrote a very strongly worded article that vick is standing up saying that stuff in the press (probably because its what he thinks hes supposed to do) but behind closed doors is VERY CONFIDENT that its not his fault. it struck me how solidly the person worded some of it - as if it wasnt just coming 3rd hand on an off hand comment, but that hes talking a lot.

After seeing Vicks interview he has no confidence in himself and knows his career is over.

I will be shocked if Reid doesn't bench him in favor of Nick Foles.

My opinion on this is that Vick was done after college. IMO this dude is still a colossal bust. He was never good with ATL, and frequently injured. Sure it was exciting to watch him run in his younger days, but he was never a good throwing QB.

Yes he had ONE good season with Philly. Let's put that into perspective though, he played for Andy Reid, one of the best at coaching QB's to success in the league. Most QB's that have played for Reid have looked far better than they actually are, just look at McNabb. After leaving the Eagles he looked absolutely awful, and couldn't even secure a backup role. He made Kolb look like a franchise QB...

Vick just simply was never good to begin with.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Vick with this OL? yes please

I know he looks terrible.....but it's not hard to fathom him improving in Buffalo

It is for me, Vick is awful, always has been except one fluke year. You think Gailey can coach him up better than Andy Reid?

Edited by Turbosrrgood