Foodies: Help me commiserate

Dr. Fong

So being trapped inside with the rain today I decided a good chicken noodle soup would be a good project to have going during the day. The wife and I got it started this morning and things were going just fine. I started making meatballs to save for the rest of the week. While my back is turned my wife dumps all of the stock into plastic bowls and cleans the pot with soap. When I finally saw what she was up to I hit the ceiling. She explained that the pot was dirty and she wanted to clean it before finishing the soup. I responded "When have you ever seen a recipe for ANYTHING where it says take everything out of your cooking vessel and clean it with soap?!?! Why not just stop in the middle of a meal and clean your plate?" I had to walk away before my head exploded.

Won' t hurt to wash the pot. The good thing, she keep the stock.

I'm not so sure of that. I just have never heard of such a technique. I'm still waiting for her to show me a recipe where it calls for everything to be dumped out and the pot cleaned.

I'm not so sure of that. I just have never heard of such a technique. I'm still waiting for her to show me a recipe where it calls for everything to be dumped out and the pot cleaned.

I have never done that.

Makeup sex when the lights go out.

So being trapped inside with the rain today I decided a good chicken noodle soup would be a good project to have going during the day. The wife and I got it started this morning and things were going just fine. I started making meatballs to save for the rest of the week. While my back is turned my wife dumps all of the stock into plastic bowls and cleans the pot with soap. When I finally saw what she was up to I hit the ceiling. She explained that the pot was dirty and she wanted to clean it before finishing the soup. I responded "When have you ever seen a recipe for ANYTHING where it says take everything out of your cooking vessel and clean it with soap?!?! Why not just stop in the middle of a meal and clean your plate?" I had to walk away before my head exploded.

Overreact much?

I just made this soup tonight:

http://www.biggirlssmallkitchen.com/2012/03/the-naptime-chefs-chicken-sausage-ravioli-soup.html

Your base is the onions and sausage. It will stick to the bottom of the pan and turn a dark brown. That's great. That's what you want!!! Then you throw in a bit of wine and it comes off easy as can be. It's not !@#$ing dirty. It's cooking. It's caramelized. That's where the flavor is!!! Why bother washing a pot that's literally going to instantly get dirty again? I'm also a neat-nick such that people call me 'Felix Unger'... and I hate making more dishes than is absolutely required because We don't have a dishwasher... but the time to clean is after. I'm normally extremely softspoken and patient but when someone messes around with what I'm doing in the kitchen and just gets in my way, I'm just like "GTFO!!!!!!" and I really don't care whose feelings I may hurt. Usually, it's a more tactful "You know what? I'll take care of this. Why don't you do ____?"

You need the Bills back pronto!

I just made this soup tonight:

http://www.biggirlssmallkitchen.com/2012/03/the-naptime-chefs-chicken-sausage-ravioli-soup.html

Your base is the onions and sausage. It will stick to the bottom of the pan and turn a dark brown. That's great. That's what you want!!! Then you throw in a bit of wine and it comes off easy as can be. It's not !@#$ing dirty. It's cooking. It's caramelized. That's where the flavor is!!! Why bother washing a pot that's literally going to instantly get dirty again? I'm also a neat-nick such that people call me 'Felix Unger'... and I hate making more dishes than is absolutely required because We don't have a dishwasher... but the time to clean is after. I'm normally extremely softspoken and patient but when someone messes around with what I'm doing in the kitchen and just gets in my way, I'm just like "GTFO!!!!!!" and I really don't care whose feelings I may hurt. Usually, it's a more tactful "You know what? I'll take care of this. Why don't you do ____?"

big girl small kitchen? really? howd you stumble into that website?

By dirty does she mean that the pot was contaminated with soup?