Hire Eric Mangini now ...

merlin

Would the Bills FO ever consider bring in Eric Mangini as a "defensive consultant"? Maybe he could talk "X's and O's" with Wanny, and figure out some way to get some production out of this unit. At this point, it sure couldn't hurt!

We should FIRE Wanny then hire Mangini as DC. Chan & Buddy are going to get themselves fired by not taking care of this matter along with the fact that we still don't have a viable QB on the team.

this, +1,000,000,000,000...

This will be the downfall of Chan for sure IMO. I think Buddy's got more time tho.

Mangini cant get a job because he turned in Belicheck for spygate. You have to be able to trust your subordinates and his track record isnt good in that department

Yup. Being a DC for someone in the BB coaching tree would be his obvious path back and he burned that to the ground.

Mangini knows his stuff.....this is very evident if you watch him breakdown the NFL on his tv spots.

He always brings an angle that the common person doesn't get. I'd vote yes to Mangini easily

I'd like to think most nfl coaches could do similar. I enjoy that he brings it to us, but I don't think average coaches aren't having more in depth conversations in their offices.

Would the Bills FO ever consider bring in Eric Mangini as a "defensive consultant"? Maybe he could talk "X's and O's" with Wanny, and figure out some way to get some production out of this unit. At this point, it sure couldn't hurt!

I said this exact thing after the Jets or Patriots game. Love this idea but this should have been done weeks ago. A little late now but if we somehow manage to beat the texans, this idea makes a lot of sense. It would be a waste to bring him in as a consultant if we have no shot at making the playoffs. If we lose this week, were done, seasons over!

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

It is amazing that the hire Mangini threads keep coming. This guy has had a single season as a DC--in NE where he wasn't really DC. HE was a defensive Curtis Modkins.

He had two crappy stints as a HC.

Cleveland hired him depite spygate--he can't get a job now because he has never shown he is a good coach.

He was reviled by his players.

It is amazing that the hire Mangini threads keep coming. This guy has had a single season as a DC--in NE where he wasn't really DC. HE was a defensive Curtis Modkins.

He had two crappy stints as a HC.

Cleveland hired him depite spygate--he can't get a job now because he has never shown he is a good coach.

He was reviled by his players.

Shush. He upset BB one time in Cleveland and for that he is unquestionable on this board.

That and he actually pretends to talk football instead of whatever the rest of espn does these days.

I said this exact thing after the Jets or Patriots game. Love this idea but this should have been done weeks ago. A little late now but if we somehow manage to beat the texans, this idea makes a lot of sense. It would be a waste to bring him in as a consultant if we have no shot at making the playoffs. If we lose this week, were done, seasons over!

If we beat the texans do we need him?

Eric Mangini wants a Head Coaching Job & The Bills don't need another soft HC that's been the problem this team needs a tough coach we haven't one since Marv Levy

Wade Phillips

Gregg Williams

Mike Mularkey

Dick Jauron

Chan Gailey

All Soft, Williams was kinda tough but a mental case & all where coordinators in Head Coach clothing, Mangini is the same but he not gonna leave for nothing less than Head Coach I rather have Herm Edwards he got balls if your talking ESPN guys

stay the course even if we dont make it this year, do not fire the coach and start over - we arent that far away. Yes we are missing some pieces - this team wasnt a three year build closer to 5.

Nobody gets 4 years of futility.

Buddy Nix 3/31/10

Talk is cheap, we all know that. It’s like I’ve always said, don’t tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That’s what we’ve got to do. We’ve got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning.

Buddy Nix 7/24/12

We’ve done some things right, but it’s time for us to clost it out and win some games. Wehave to step up. It’s time.