Colin Powell endorsement

So then Donald Trump supports Mitt Romney because they're both white, then, right?

(or maybe because they're both idiots, more likely)

The "logic" is the same - and it sounds just as stupid and ignorant

Maybe Donald Trump supports Romney because Obama is black.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then Donald Trump supports Mitt Romney because they're both white, then, right?

Donald Trump and Mitt Romney are idiots? Far from it.

Who says we only pretend it exists when black people endorse a black candidate? I am quite sure there are millions of people who won't vote for Obama because he's black (there was plenty of coverage of that in 2008), but last I checked 96% of white people weren't polling for Romney.

Of course it's noteworthy to have someone of Powell's stature endorse the candidate from the other party, which is why I think it's a reasonable question to ask if race bears any part of that endorsement. It's not like he was forced to make a public call; he had the option to keep his opinions to himself like most other retired politicians.

Most other retired politicians refuse to comment publicly on who they support? What?

Powell's a mouth whore who traded his credibility for acceptance among liberals & the black community when he endorsed Obama last time.

The attempt to paint his departure as a principled matter is either born of ignorance or dishonesty. His own words betray that assumption. He basically said he jumped b/c "the people" have decided "they" now want government to provide "these services".

That's his pathetic excuse for why he abandoned the principles he's espoused his entire career.

NozzelNut is back calling people idiots? Damn, I thought that dude crawled under a rock.

Powell's a mouth whore who traded his credibility for acceptance among liberals & the black community when he endorsed Obama last time.

The attempt to paint his departure as a principled matter is either born of ignorance or dishonesty. His own words betray that assumption. He basically said he jumped b/c "the people" have decided "they" now want government to provide "these services".

That's his pathetic excuse for why he abandoned the principles he's espoused his entire career.

When a black man goes from the right to the left, its an act of a "principled man."

When a black man goes from the left to the right, its the act of a "race trading house n--er."

Get with the program.

Edited by RkFast

:doh:

Who says we only pretend it exists when black people endorse a black candidate? I am quite sure there are millions of people who won't vote for Obama because he's black (there was plenty of coverage of that in 2008), but last I checked 96% of white people weren't polling for Romney.

Of course it's noteworthy to have someone of Powell's stature endorse the candidate from the other party, which is why I think it's a reasonable question to ask if race bears any part of that endorsement. It's not like he was forced to make a public call; he had the option to keep his opinions to himself like most other retired politicians.

Sure, he has that right...but he also has the right to make an endorsement. I don't how to measure "most other retired politicians", but an awful lot of them do make endorsements. Particularly prominent ones. Some might even feel it is their responsibility.

When a black man goes from the right to the left, its an act of a "principled man."

When a black man goes from the left to the right, its the act of a "race trading house n--er."

Get with the program.

:doh: :doh:

Edited by Buftex

I don't how to measure "most other retired politicians", but an awful lot of them do make endorsements. Particularly prominent ones.

Most of them are 'known' and without any serious question and not 'newsworthy'. The 'big ones' are those the likes of Powell and, in the past, Joe Lieberman. Those types naturally draw more attention.

This potentially can be a huge endorsement. Look how close Virginia is in some polls, lots of military there. Florida in 2000 came down to five hundred votes, that might be Virginia this year, or Colorado. Getting every single last vote you can really does matter.

I see Romney is now relying on Glennn Beck as a fund raiser, lol, seriously!!!

This potentially can be a huge endorsement. Look how close Virginia is in some polls, lots of military there. Florida in 2000 came down to five hundred votes, that might be Virginia this year, or Colorado. Getting every single last vote you can really does matter.

I see Romney is now relying on Glennn Beck as a fund raiser, lol, seriously!!!

Yeah, becuase Glenn Beck doesnt have an audience....nah.

You are a complete idiot

Sure, he has that right...but he also has the right to make an endorsement. I don't how to measure "most other retired politicians", but an awful lot of them do make endorsements. Particularly prominent ones. Some might even feel it is their responsibility

Sure it's their right as it is my right to yawn and not give a **** who endorses whom.

Funny how Republicans make a mountain out of the mole hill of Benghazi, yet can't even remember the years long struggle in Iraq. Unbelievable

Mole Hill?? So an attack on our soil is a mole hill? You can leave now.

Edited by Chef Jim