Colin Powell endorsement

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this already...but then again, maybe not.

Here you have a former Secretary of State under George W Bush, as well as a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Bush and Clinton, a national security adviser under Ronald Reagan, and a registered Republican to boot, saying he can't support Mitt Romney because his advisers are all the guys that got us into Iraq, and feels Romney has not thought through his foreign policy positions since they seem to change with his clothes. That's pretty damning stuff.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/10/25/top-romney-aide-sununu-suggests-powell-endorsed-obama-because-hes-black/

But leave it to Yoda look-a-like John Sunnunu to play the race card accusing Powell of supporting Obama because he's black. Seriously? With Powell's resume you pull this? If someone like Powell, who played a major role in the Bush admisistration says Romney looks like Bush V2 to him, that carries weight.

PTR

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So saying you DONT support Obama due to his race is OK, but saying you DO support him becuase of his race is bad.

OK.

Frankly I could care less about Powell. As long as we still have Jenna Jameson and Dave Mustaine, Im happy.

Of course. The endorsement by a prominent Bush official and Republican means nothing.

PTR

Who endorsed Obama last time, too.

This was played out 4 years ago.

Thanks for stopping by.

So saying you DONT support Obama due to his race is OK, but saying you DO support him becuase of his race is bad.

OK.

Frankly I could care less about Powell. As long as we still have Jenna Jameson and Dave Mustaine, Im happy.

Don't be afraid to brag..."you" picked up Lee Greenwood and Meat Loaf too!

For what it's worth he threw in that he wasn't comfortable with Romney's economic ideas or plans on education, climate, education, etc. As well as generally saying his view on the state of the country is that we are on the right track moving from 2008. Of this of course, is blasphemy to the narrative that Obama's foreign policy is a disaster and Romney would be better as well as contradicting the popular GOP view that America is falling apart.

Edited by TheNewBills

Who endorsed Obama last time, too.

This was played out 4 years ago.

Thanks for stopping by.

Powell endorsed Obama last time because he didn't want more Bush policies from McCain and VP Barbie. At least Powell is consistent unlike a certain presidential candidate.

PTR

Powell endorsed Obama last time because he didn't want more Bush policies from McCain and VP Barbie. At least Powell is consistent unlike a certain presidential candidate.

PTR

Im sorry, who is "VP Barbie"?

When youre done, PLEASE lecture me more about racism.

Don't be afraid to brag..."you" picked up Lee Greenwood and Meat Loaf too!

LOL...I really wouldnt look down your nose, given the celebrity brainiacs who are part of Barry's minions.

PTR

Yes it's notable, but one person's endorsement is never that big a deal. We just don't know what his motivations are so can't put too much stock in that small a sample size. Let me ask you this; do you honestly think he would be endorsing Hillary now (and had done so in 2008) if she had been the Dem's candidate?

Yes it's notable, but one person's endorsement is never that big a deal. We just don't know what his motivations are so can't put too much stock in that small a sample size. Let me ask you this; do you honestly think he would be endorsing Hillary now (and had done so in 2008) if she had been the Dem's candidate?

I'm not following you about Hillary. My take is Powell is allergic to neo-cons and the folks Romney has collected as advisers are a Who's Who of the Bush W years.

PTR

I'm not following you about Hillary. My take is Powell is allergic to neo-cons and the folks Romney has collected as advisers are a Who's Who of the Bush W years.

PTR

There is no point in arguing this. Either you see Obama as an absolutely terrible president or you don't (same w/ Romney as a candidate). Powell's endorsement won't change the mind of people who are convinced Obama is terrible.

PTR

I think the assertion is, by our non-racist friends, is that Powell couldn't/wouldn't possibly be endorsing Obama on any other principle, only the color of his skin.

There is no point in arguing this. Either you see Obama as an absolutely terrible president or you don't (same w/ Romney as a candidate). Powell's endorsement won't change the mind of people who are convinced Obama is terrible.

I rarely, rarely agree with you. But I will this time. ONCE.LOL

I think the assertion is, by our non-racist friends, is that Powell couldn't/wouldn't possibly be endorsing Obama on any other principle, only the color of his skin.

It's hard to see why anyone would endorse Obama based on the job he's done.

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this already...but then again, maybe not.

Here you have a former Secretary of State under George W Bush, as well as a former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Bush and Clinton, a national security adviser under Ronald Reagan, and a registered Republican to boot, saying he can't support Mitt Romney because his advisers are all the guys that got us into Iraq, and feels Romney has not thought through his foreign policy positions since they seem to change with his clothes. That's pretty damning stuff.

http://www.washingto...ause-hes-black/

But leave it to Yoda look-a-like John Sunnunu to play the race card accusing Powell of supporting Obama because he's black. Seriously? With Powell's resume you pull this? If someone like Powell, who played a major role in the Bush admisistration says Romney looks like Bush V2 to him, that carries weight.

PTR

Powell's speech to the U.N.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/02/05/sprj.irq.powell.transcript/

So asking someone if they think race might play some role in the endorsement now equals racism?? Wow. Obama got what, 96% - 97% of the black vote last time but the racism is in pointing it out? Cute of PTR to feign ignorance for effect though. I should have known better than to attempt to engage him on anything but a mud-slinging level.

If people want to vote for the guy or against the guy because he's black (or Mormon) that's fine with me; but let's not pretend reality doesn't exist.