"Pinto Kenny" to watch 300th straight Bills game

papazoid

a tip of the hat, to you sir !!

Twelve seasons without the playoffs, with losing records the last seven, might have discouraged many a Bills fan. Not Kenny Johnson of Rochester.

Today will be the 300th straight Bills game, home and away, Pinto Kenny will have attended. As far as anyone knows, that’s a Bills and NFL record. If not, it’s still a remarkable achievement.

Johnson does not drive the Pinto, which has logged 186,000 miles, to every game from Rochester. He parks the Pinto in Orchard Park at the start of the season and brings it home when the season ends. Each game he drives his 1998 Buick Regal to a location not far from the stadium, then shuttles the Pinto to the Hammer Lot on Abbott Road, across from One Bills Drive. At 6 a.m. on game day, he starts preparing for a good old Buffalo tailgate party.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121020/SPORTS/121029889/two-bills-drive

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Pinto Kenny and the Missus last week at the Biils-Cards Tailgate in Glendale.

Complete gentleman, knowledgable, and friendly.

We enjoyed a bowling ball shot and walked into the stadium together, the four of us.

It was a thrill and a pleasure meeting Kenny and look forward to doing it again sometime soon. He's actually attended over 400 Bills games but today will be his 300th consecutive. I think you just have to say that he's the greatest Bills fan, hands down.

Congratulations Kenny!

The Carolina Panthers gave Papa Panther a new truck a while ago after he drove down from Winston-Salem every week. The guy is dedicated but not anywhere near Pinto Kenny. Why the Bills have not honored him I do not know, but I have never understood the Bills marketing; white out the Ralph, TO, Kids' Day, honoring Norwood in game, etc. I am not saying none of those are worthy, but the thought behind them might not be.