Fitz is just unwatchable

26TrapDraw

I watched russel wilson last night and even though he is only a rookie, his ability is impressive. He has the ability to make ALL of the throws. Fitz nit so much. How can this team be ok with the bullcrap excuses coming out of Fitz's mouth. I noticed the buffalo press finally grilling him and making him squirm a little on BB.com on wed. How can we pay this man that contract when he cant throw more than 20 yards accurately. FWIW I know someone that knows Stevie Johnsons Dad out here in the SF bay. He says that SJ absolutely can't stand Fitz but says the organization loves him. Who can blame Stevie.

Futz sucks and has no sense if urgency. Theres your Buffalo Bills boys and girls

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, my favorite bartender has a cousin who washes cars in Buffalo, and he said that he heard from his girlfriend's hair dresser who's married to guy who built the decks on all the players' homes that Fitz and Stevie babysit eachother's kids, go on couples bowling nights, and only play video games together when there's a co-op mode.

Interesting...

I watched russel wilson last night and even though he is only a rookie, his ability is impressive. He has the ability to make ALL of the throws. Fitz nit so much. How can this team be ok with the bullcrap excuses coming out of Fitz's mouth. I noticed the buffalo press finally grilling him and making him squirm a little on BB.com on wed. How can we pay this man that contract when he cant throw more than 20 yards accurately. FWIW I know someone that knows Stevie Johnsons Dad out here in the SF bay. He says that SJ absolutely can't stand Fitz but says the organization loves him. Who can blame Stevie.

Futz sucks and has no sense if urgency. Theres your Buffalo Bills boys and girls

1) Thank god for a Fitz sucks thread. We needed one.

2) Good point on Russell Wilson. His 9/23 for 122, 1 INT, and 26 QBR was much better than anything Fitz could do.

3) Fitz is extremely limited but he's our QB for this year. I'd love for him to just shut up everyone up for a year with a monster performance.

4) SJ and Fitz are very good friends. SJ is frustrated I'm sure but he is the last guy who would throw Fitz under the bus.

I don't think he is unwatchable, Fitz is kind of like one of those gross videos on the internet. You don't want to watch, but you can't look away...

BTW, can we fire Lee already? It's pretty evident that he has only made Fitz worse this year, he was not missing those short passes like he is now.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Hmmm, my favorite bartender has a cousin who washes cars in Buffalo, and he said that he heard from his girlfriend's hair dresser who's married to guy who built the decks on all the players' homes that Fitz and Stevie babysit eachother's kids, go on couples bowling nights, and only play video games together when there's a co-op mode.

Interesting...

So they aren't playing the latest Madden then. No co-op

Truth be told should of been more. Clear beginning of game when wilson hit a few of those deeper sideline routes....macaroni arm couldn't buy one of those completions.

2) Good point on Russell Wilson. His 9/23 for 122, 1 INT, and 26 QBR was much better than anything Fitz could do.

3) Fitz is extremely limited but he's our QB for this year. I'd love for him to just shut up everyone up for a year with a monster performance.

4) SJ and Fitz are very good friends. SJ is frustrated I'm sure but he is the last guy who would throw Fitz under the bus.

Fitz is horrible but we've actually seen worse here. RJ set the all time NFL sacks per drop back record. Trent Edwards still checked it down with three defenders sitting on the check down. If fitz can't get the ball there when a play breaks wide open at least be happy he audibled to the right play and called the right protection.

Fitz has all the tools but is just not getting it done. Chan knows this and you can see he is doing the best that he can with what he has. He likes Fitz because on paper and in meetings, Fitz can most likely beat anyone; but on the field he just can't take that knowledge and make it happen. I don't Chan or Fitz but it is what it is. Hopefully Chan can make something happen with Buddy this year coming up with a trade or something. I can see Flynn being a free agent again but will Buffalo go for it or even Vick? Chan just needs to slow the game down for Fitz and ease his way into more slant or even out routes so Fitz can throw a few half way deep. Its what we have on our plate. I for one was a BILLIEVER in that with some extra coaching Fitz would have a better year. I am eating my words and have to agree that Fitz is not a starter that we might hope for.

1) When you average 220 yards per in your last 15, what can you say in a league dominated by passing. He's not good enough and the scheme is organized to limit his weaknesses.

2) Bringing down Russell Wilson to prop up Fitzpatrick. It's a common tactic employed on TBD to lessen our own team's problems. Of course, Wilson is a rookie who, in his 6th career game, topped Belichick and Brady. Not to say it's a one-man effort, but that's impressive. The Bills with Fitz couldn't do it until their fifth try against NE. Bear in mind Seattle and Buffalo both began rebuilds at the same time, in 2010.

3) There won't be a monster performance in all likelihood. Attack if you must, but offensively the Bills are not doing anything that confuses opponents. Most all of Fitz's throws are down the sideline inaccurate or within 10 yards. Predictability is something they've excelled at.

4) It's debatable, but this is a team and SJ's comments about going back to his old ways make me wonder. Could he be frustrated with this scheme? I saw him chuck his helmet after a missed pass in the NE game and he slammed the bench not long after. I don't expect them to be pals, but WR's need to get the ball and Fitz can't do it enough.

Fitz has all the tools but is just not getting it done. Chan knows this and you can see he is doing the best that he can with what he has. He likes Fitz because on paper and in meetings, Fitz can most likely beat anyone; but on the field he just can't take that knowledge and make it happen. I don't Chan or Fitz but it is what it is. Hopefully Chan can make something happen with Buddy this year coming up with a trade or something. I can see Flynn being a free agent again but will Buffalo go for it or even Vick? Chan just needs to slow the game down for Fitz and ease his way into more slant or even out routes so Fitz can throw a few half way deep. Its what we have on our plate. I for one was a BILLIEVER in that with some extra coaching Fitz would have a better year. I am eating my words and have to agree that Fitz is not a starter that we might hope for.

I strongly disagree with that statement. He simply cannot throw the ball deep with accuracy or any consistency. His limited arm strength means he has to throw his whole body into throws, no matter where on the field, which limits accuracy. In this league, you need to be accurate because the available windows are small. He's not.

How can this team be ok with the bullcrap excuses coming out of Fitz's mouth.

What excuses are those? All I've read are quotes where he takes all the responsibility for the offense's struggles in the passing game.

Rip the guy apart for his play this year but to try to rip him as a leader, teammate or person is just ridiculous. From everything I've seen/heard from him he's been nothing but a stand up guy.

Edited by MDH

agree on the excuses......he may not be a good or even decent qb.....but he doesn't make excuses and it is hard to hate him as a person off the field...... PFF has an article where he blames himself for everything.

ya gotta come correct on TBD......we all know everything!!

and a quick shoutout to the Russell Wilson bashers.....his Wr's dropped so many good throws. His stats not that impressive but it was the 49ers and the eye test shows you the kid has some evident skills.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

What excuses are those? All I've read are quotes where he takes all the responsibility for the offense's struggles in the passing game.

Rip the guy apart for his play this year but to try to rip him as a leader, teammate or person is just ridiculous. From everything I've seen/heard from him he's been nothing but a stand up guy.

Agreed. I despise him as a QB, but he takes full responsibility for his play. I admire that.

Okay, I just alluded to this in the "predictions thread:"

The last five halves of Fitz's 2012 season have been: the epic Patriots meltdown, that was just as much on the D, and road games against the leagues's second and third best defenses.

I have to believe this is giving everyone a false perception of how "bad" Fitz is right now.