Fitz is just unwatchable

26TrapDraw

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I just alluded to this in the "predictions thread:"

The last five halves of Fitz's 2012 season have been: the epic Patriots meltdown, that was just as much on the D, and road games against the leagues's second and third best defenses.

I have to believe this is giving everyone a false perception of how "bad" Fitz is right now.

False perception? There are 31 other teams in this league and besides possibly the Chiefs, there is not a fan base that would be happy if they signed Fitz as a FA right now. Take off the Bills' coloured glasses and understand that outside of 5 games last season, Fitzpatrick has not shown to be even an adequate NFL QB on a consistent basis. I don't live in Buffalo or near WNY. I do not have any Bills' fan acquaintances where I live...instead they all cheer for other teams. I ask the question a lot and not one person would support his team signing Fitz as a FA right now. If I were a fan of another team, I'd agree with them.

False perception? There are 31 other teams in this league and besides possibly the Chiefs, there is not a fan base that would be happy if they signed Fitz as a FA right now. Take off the Bills' coloured glasses and understand that outside of 5 games last season, Fitzpatrick has not shown to be even an adequate NFL QB on a consistent basis. I don't live in Buffalo or near WNY. I do not have any Bills' fan acquaintances where I live...instead they all cheer for other teams. I ask the question a lot and not one person would support his team signing Fitz as a FA right now. If I were a fan of another team, I'd agree with them.

Wow, I can't believe you feel this way. I've changed my mind, completely.

Wow, I can't believe you feel this way. I've changed my mind, completely.

Along with a ton of hardcore football fans who know the game and coach at various levels. And I'm not trying to change your mind. I realize the futility of such a venture.

Edited by Marauder24

I watched russel wilson last night and even though he is only a rookie, his ability is impressive. He has the ability to make ALL of the throws. Fitz nit so much. How can this team be ok with the bullcrap excuses coming out of Fitz's mouth. I noticed the buffalo press finally grilling him and making him squirm a little on BB.com on wed. How can we pay this man that contract when he cant throw more than 20 yards accurately. FWIW I know someone that knows Stevie Johnsons Dad out here in the SF bay. He says that SJ absolutely can't stand Fitz but says the organization loves him. Who can blame Stevie.

Futz sucks and has no sense if urgency. Theres your Buffalo Bills boys and girls

Obviously you couldn't post this in the other 10 "Fitz sucks" threads on page one right?

What kind of confounds me, as a lukewarm Fitz supporter (I always support our guy), Fitz actually looks worse (a lot worse IMO), this year than the last two. In seasons past, I always came away from a game thinking that he was "pretty good", despite the obvious long ball issues, but just needed to eliminate those 2 or 3 horrible throws he seemed to have each game...but this year, the horrible throws seem the norm, and the "pretty good" passes are too rare. I hate looking for excuses for a guy, but I really wonder if the new attention to his mechanics (I haven't seen any improvement have you?) just has him thinking too much. Maybe it all clicks later in the season, and he starts to play "decent" again, as he was before the contract extension. What I always liked about Fitz (as opposed to Edwards, Losman) was that he wasn't afraid to throw the ball... but I see a little less of that gutsyness now. There are times when he seems to chuck the ball, sensing pressure that really isn't there...the third down, overthrown pass, to Fred Jackson this past week (Fred was "wide the !@#$ open") typifies what I see from him too much. It is great to have a quick release, but he seems a little too quick as of late.

Hmmm, my favorite bartender has a cousin who washes cars in Buffalo, and he said that he heard from his girlfriend's hair dresser who's married to guy who built the decks on all the players' homes that Fitz and Stevie babysit eachother's kids, go on couples bowling nights, and only play video games together when there's a co-op mode.

Interesting...

Nicely done

What kind of confounds me, as a lukewarm Fitz supporter (I always support our guy), Fitz actually looks worse (a lot worse IMO), this year than the last two. In seasons past, I always came away from a game thinking that he was "pretty good", despite the obvious long ball issues, but just needed to eliminate those 2 or 3 horrible throws he seemed to have each game...but this year, the horrible throws seem the norm, and the "pretty good" passes are too rare.

Yep, right witcha. I was all up on Lee 'cuz I thought well, if he could eliminate 1/2 his interceptions and make 1 or 2 more good throws a game, we'd have something. Instead it's looking to have gone in the other direction. It would be nice if something "clicked" for him, in the most recent interview I heard he kinda sounds lost though.

every time there is an i hate fitz thread, i look over at my fitz picture at work. and i always imagine him saying, what are they saying about me? while he's smiling. almost like he's oblivious to the criticism against him. it's serious fun. http://tinypic.com/r/2vb333p/6

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/393570_142087819266473_2042008038_n.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/you-have-been-awarded-a-trophy-seriously-likeable.452657319/&h=396&w=720&sz=24&tbnid=TtBtjFqpuLvATM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=164&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dit's%2Bserious%2Bfun%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=it's+serious+fun&usg=__ptAsDImxieGimriA_XIsogZWV2E=&docid=ITZ7yRuazC-MSM&sa=X&ei=S-uBUKnTFcmUiAL4ioAg&ved=0CDcQ9QEwBA&dur=221

Another Fitz sucks thread. Don't watch be a fourtywhiner fan.

At least it didn't morph into another Russell Wilson thread.

I watched Russel Wilson last night and even though he is only a rookie, his ability is impressive. He has the ability to make ALL of the throws. Fitz nit so much. How can this team be ok with the bullcrap excuses coming out of Fitz's mouth. (...) Futz sucks and has no sense if urgency. Theres your Buffalo Bills boys and girls

Wait, let me get this straight.

Wilson goes 9 of 23 (that's 39% completion) for 120 yds and 1 INT in a loss and we're all lovin' on how impressive he is and he can make all the throws?

Fitz goes 16 of 26 (that's 61.5% completion) for 126 yds and 1 INT in a loss and he sucks, has no sense of urgency, and is just unwatchable?

Yeah, because throwing for 1230 yds, 7 INTs and 8 TDs in 6 games is so much better than throwing for 1210 yds, 8 INTs, and 12 TD.

It's not that I'm dissing on Wilson or saying Fitz has played well. I'll give any rookie the benefit of the doubt, and Fitz has struggled.

But similar results make Fitz unwatchable and Wilson impressive? Bah.

Wait, let me get this straight.

Wilson goes 9 of 23 (that's 39% completion) for 120 yds and 1 INT in a loss and we're all lovin' on how impressive he is and he can make all the throws?

Fitz goes 16 of 26 (that's 61.5% completion) for 126 yds and 1 INT in a loss and he sucks, has no sense of urgency, and is just unwatchable?

Yeah, because throwing for 1230 yds, 7 INTs and 8 TDs in 6 games is so much better than throwing for 1210 yds, 8 INTs, and 12 TD.

It's not that I'm dissing on Wilson or saying Fitz has played well. I'll give any rookie the benefit of the doubt, and Fitz has struggled.

But similar results make Fitz unwatchable and Wilson impressive? Bah.

One is an 8 year veteran. The other is a ROOKIE. Good lord.

Okay, I just alluded to this in the "predictions thread:"

The last five halves of Fitz's 2012 season have been: the epic Patriots meltdown, that was just as much on the D, and road games against the leagues's second and third best defenses.

I have to believe this is giving everyone a false perception of how "bad" Fitz is right now.

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with Fitz's actual play...More is expected now...Regardless of the Defense...

The Defense has been terrible at times...The Bills have HUGE holes there right now...No one could question that...But I think most Fans are not confusing the Bills ability to win now by playing better Defense, with the opinion that Fitz is not good enough...I'll just point to those 6 Passes vs NE and SF where Fitz missed open receivers deep, ...Even in losing efforts, if Fitz was hitting the big plays that are there in this Offense, he could shut everybody up in a half-a-heartbeat...

But it really matters not...I'm sure we can pick this argument up again at the end of the Season... ;)

yea straight up fitz sucks. Our offense is a good qb away from being top tier. Our defense actually has more holes then our offense in my opinion. Still I am alright with where this franchise is headed, If we get a qb that can even be top 15 or posesses freakish athletic talent like a geno smith we can be in every game we play.

yea straight up fitz sucks. Our offense is a good qb away from being top tier. Our defense actually has more holes then our offense in my opinion. Still I am alright with where this franchise is headed, If we get a qb that can even be top 15 or posesses freakish athletic talent like a geno smith we can be in every game we play.

I agree and all we can hope for is like any great athlete is to vision it in your mind to be great n shake all the doubters and rise to be great and erase the past games and go out and sling it ! Edited by NFLBighits

What excuses are those? All I've read are quotes where he takes all the responsibility for the offense's struggles in the passing game.

Rip the guy apart for his play this year but to try to rip him as a leader, teammate or person is just ridiculous. From everything I've seen/heard from him he's been nothing but a stand up guy.

So he owns the fact that he's playing horrible. Glad thats established to be honest....who the f#$k cares!... That doesnt help a dam thing...The Fact that we have a very sub par 60 million dollar QB still remains....glad he's a stand up guy though....cause thats very useful on the field.

Edited by LVBillsBackr

What kind of confounds me, as a lukewarm Fitz supporter (I always support our guy), Fitz actually looks worse (a lot worse IMO), this year than the last two. In seasons past, I always came away from a game thinking that he was "pretty good", despite the obvious long ball issues, but just needed to eliminate those 2 or 3 horrible throws he seemed to have each game...but this year, the horrible throws seem the norm, and the "pretty good" passes are too rare. I hate looking for excuses for a guy, but I really wonder if the new attention to his mechanics (I haven't seen any improvement have you?) just has him thinking too much. Maybe it all clicks later in the season, and he starts to play "decent" again, as he was before the contract extension. What I always liked about Fitz (as opposed to Edwards, Losman) was that he wasn't afraid to throw the ball... but I see a little less of that gutsyness now. There are times when he seems to chuck the ball, sensing pressure that really isn't there...the third down, overthrown pass, to Fred Jackson this past week (Fred was "wide the !@#$ open") typifies what I see from him too much. It is great to have a quick release, but he seems a little too quick as of late.

Well the thing is, while Fitz has looked terrible the past two games, he looked great against the Chiefs and the Browns, or at least up until CJ got injured. He looked horrible in the first half of the Jets game but besides that it wasn't until the Pats game that he started looking awful again. The way I see it, Fitz has the ability to be a good game managing QB, and he's shown that this year, but as of right now, his confidence has taken a huge hit and he can't do anything.

I don't think he is unwatchable, Fitz is kind of like one of those gross videos on the internet. You don't want to watch, but you can't look away...

BTW, can we fire Lee already? It's pretty evident that he has only made Fitz worse this year, he was not missing those short passes like he is now.

That's what happens when mess with a QBs mechanics, those things should have been corrected when he was in college, once you're ingrained throwing a certain way it's too late when your Fitz age.

Look at Tebow he throws way worse than he ever did in college.

Fitz is horrible but we've actually seen worse here. RJ set the all time NFL sacks per drop back record. Trent Edwards still checked it down with three defenders sitting on the check down. If fitz can't get the ball there when a play breaks wide open at least be happy he audibled to the right play and called the right protection.

That says all you need to know about this franchise; No QB No winning.

They need to put a garbage can on tracks and have Fitz throw the ball into the garbage can as it's moving down the tracks all day, everyday until he can put the ball into the can every time. Then replace the garbage can with a mannequin with a Stevie Johnson jersey and have Fitz throw the ball until he hits the mannequin in the numbers every throw. Then have him practice with the actual WR's