Revolution

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what I'm thinking. The acting isnt great but the concept is really cool. Sorta reminds me of a book I read in HS called Alas Babalon (sp)

Read S.M. Stirling's "Dies The Fire" instead. Same basic premise (enough that I still wonder if they owe him royalties), but better execution.

Read S.M. Stirling's "Dies The Fire" instead. Same basic premise (enough that I still wonder if they owe him royalties), but better execution.

Excuse me, I meant "instead of watching Revolution," not "instead of reading Alas, Babylon." Which is actually a pretty good book.

Like weird series like this but they never seem to last more than a season. Last year is was Alcatraz, the year before The Event. There was one the year before that about a town that no one could leave certain boundaries. So yeah, I don't see this one lasting long but will watch it while it's on. Which is in 5 minutes.

Excuse me, I meant "instead of watching Revolution," not "instead of reading Alas, Babylon." Which is actually a pretty good book.

Ill have to check it out. Thanks Tom

Wait a minute. Did you just make a mistake and admit it? WTF, I think the Mayans were right.

Wait a minute. Did you just make a mistake and admit it? WTF, I think the Mayans were right.

No, I had to add clarity to ensure than no one would misread my post. I didn't make a mistake, I was merely making sure no one else made a mistake. :rolleyes:

Thats what I'm thinking. The acting isnt great but the concept is really cool. Sorta reminds me of a book I read in HS called Alas Babalon (sp)

A better comparison than Alas Babylon would be "One Second After" by Forstchen

I think every kid who went to McQuaid in the 80s read Alas Babylon. Great book but I'm a sucker for the post-apocalyptic novel.

Adding Dies the Fire to my Kindle now.

We have watched the first 2 episodes as well and were not very impressed. The plot line is being advanced soooo slowly and the charecters are kind of annoying. Oh, and every 10 minutes there's a sword fight. I'm not exagerating when I say that, to me, the most interesting part of the second episode was the previews for the third episode.

Yes your mistake was not being clear in your first post.

That wasn't a mistake. I understood it. I was also smart enough to understand that, whereas it's perfectly clear to me, I'm exceptionally smart, and to people of more average ability it may have been ambiguous.

In other words: I'm a goddamned genius, so if you don't understand me, the problem is yours, not mine. Ergo, it's not a "mistake" to clarify myself, merely a choice.