Andy Reid as Bills next head coach?

If and when Andy Reid is fired, would people be interested in him as the next Bills coach?

Just curious regarding people's opinions.

Time for us to stop taking other teams' sloppy seconds. Rob Johnson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Chan Gailey, Drew Bledsoe, Vince Ferragamo, Lawyer Malloy, Shawne Merriman. Just to name a few of the many many many.

We need a first class coach/GM/QB and of course owner. Buffalo Bills are a AAA team playing a major league schedule. Let's not just grab everyone who has managed to fail elsewhere.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way. The Bills have taken on too many reclamation projects in past years. Start a head coach search now, develop a salary and benefits package that will attract a young gun and that breaks the on-the-cheap tradition of coaches pay in Buffalo, don't settle for just interviewing those that apply--get aggressive and go after a proven winner. If it takes draft picks to entice another team to give permission to speak to a current coach, well, that's the price for getting out of the hole dug by generations of poor decisions. The Bills are facing a "fiscal cliff" of their own making. Make some decisions, take some action, find a way out of the current morass.

mot sure why everyone keeps saying this beast Westbrook workhorsed there? I remember people picking him in the first round in fantasy every year for a long time.

What exactly does that prove?

Reid likes to use his backs in the passing game and runs a lot of screens. Westbrook also had the ability to break a long run at anytime but Reid would drive us more nuts then Gailey does. Reid is also awful at clock management

Part of the issue to me is whether or not he wants the GM gig, too. Is he also the GM in Philly? If so, that could also be contributing to the problems.

I'd hope that Andy would take a year off (at least) to get himself and his family issues straightened out. I wouldn't want to hire him right off the bat for 2013.

It's hard to believe anyone would consider a guy who has proven to be a horrible game day manager and someone who assembled a "dream team" of FA's and produced awful such awful results.

Taking Vick, an undersized, aging, inaccurate QB of low football intelligence was a predictable disaster. Since McNabb left, what has Reid accomplished?

I blame Ralph for this thread.

If and when Andy Reid is fired, would people be interested in him as the next Bills coach?

Just curious regarding people's opinions.

Interested? Heck Yes. Will he come here? Doubtful. Not with this ownership. There will be too many offers for him after the season for him to choose to come to this loosing franchise with a lame dick owner. He is probably going to be on the sidelines in Dallas when next year starts, unless Jerry Jones doesn't concede any authority to him.

It's hard to believe anyone would consider a guy who has proven to be a horrible game day manager and someone who assembled a "dream team" of FA's and produced awful such awful results.

Taking Vick, an undersized, aging, inaccurate QB of low football intelligence was a predictable disaster. Since McNabb left, what has Reid accomplished?

I blame Ralph for this thread.

Well it looked pretty smart in 2010... He helped make Vick amazing that year. 30 Total TDs, and 6 picks and over 600 yards rushing. They lost to the Super bowl champs in the playoffs.

Vick just couldn't stay healthy after that. And they have a terrible offensive line.

What has any Buffalo coach done in the past decade +? Not saying Reid is the answer but you try to completely discredit him.

He runs the ball less and throws more than Gailey. You guys would hate him here like you hate Gailey. Here in Philly they can't wait until he gets fired and Vick is released.

As I recall a lot of his passes are screens to RB's. I think Spiller would be used much more, perhaps in the way Westbrook was...and Spiller is more talented.

Not after his last 2 seasons of coaching. As Coordinator - maybe.

What is this prevailing wisdom on this board that HC's with SB appearances are only good enough to MAYBE be our coordinators/???

This is why we are a laughing stock. We have a dysfunctional ownership situation here, we hold 2/7 offsuit and act like its aces.

129-89 in the regular season (.592 winning percentage) and 10-9 in the postseason. He sucks.

I think AR is probably the best QB coach in the game. However he suffers a bit of the Gailey syndrome and becomes way too pass happy. He also makes blunders with time outs and clock management. Additionally, he is probably to spread out. No coahc should also be a GM.

That said, I'd take Reid in a second. He is a great coach who would probably welcome the opportunity here. I'm a big karma guy and I think he has some coming his way. My brother lived in Philly and they tried him like dog crap and he's the best coach in their franchise history. And if a guy gets to pick his QB, I think this is a team that can compete right away.

I think AR is probably the best QB coach in the game. However he suffers a bit of the Gailey syndrome and becomes way too pass happy. He also makes blunders with time outs and clock management. Additionally, he is probably to spread out. No coahc should also be a GM.

That said, I'd take Reid in a second. He is a great coach who would probably welcome the opportunity here. I'm a big karma guy and I think he has some coming his way. My brother lived in Philly and they tried him like dog crap and he's the best coach in their franchise history. And if a guy gets to pick his QB, I think this is a team that can compete right away.

I agree.