Caption the Photo - Mitt Romney

the story of the visit to the school. Via ABC:

FAIRFIELD, Va. – Mitt Romney ordered his motorcade to make an abrupt U-turn in rural Virginia today, after zipping by a group of elementary school students waving in the front yard of the school, so he could go back and meet them.

It was the candidate’s decision to make the impromptu stop, an aide said, Romney standing beside Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell as a group of roughly 100 squealing students, who had since retreated inside Fairfield Elementary School, were promptly marched back outside of the school house by an advance staffer.

“Thanks for waving at me as I came by, I decided to come by and say ‘hi’ to you guys,” Romney told the kids, many of whom were fourth- and fifth-graders.

A quick search of the AP news site, however, mentions nothing about the stop or the kind move by Romney.

That’s worth mentioning because there are those who are using the ("Caption Me") picture to paint the candidate in an aloof way.

“Needless to say, however, none of the kids was more surprised than the young girl in AP photographer Evan Vucci’s snapshot above, which is best when viewed without a single shred of context,

600x39936.jpg

Edited by B-Man