[Where is] Jerry Sullivan

As has been noted here in this thread, Jerry is dealing with a family illness and you consider this a time to pile on with some cliched drivel. That's lower than low. Evidently, you have no shame.

jw

Not a huge Sully fan but as JW notes, he has a personal life and needs to attend to family. Stand down and show some class. Hope all turns out well Sully so we can spar again about a column!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been noted here in this thread, Jerry is dealing with a family illness and you consider this a time to pile on with some cliched drivel. That's lower than low. Evidently, you have no shame.

jw

My deepest sympathies to Sullivan. It doesn't erase that he's a condescending blow-hard in his chats.

Now jw, please follow my advice and do some reporting on the stadium and rogers nogotiations like I've advised you. You'll find out my analysis / interpretation is correct and, as Forbes dubbed it, this is "the most troubled franchise in the nfl ". I'm just warning anyone who's livlihood is connected to the Bills that they could find the rug pulled out from underneath very soon. Take the advise FWIW.

JW

My deepest sympathies to Sullivan. It doesn't erase that he's a condescending blow-hard in his chats.

Now jw, please follow my advice and do some reporting on the stadium and rogers nogotiations like I've advised you. You'll find out my analysis / interpretation is correct and, as Forbes dubbed it, this is "the most troubled franchise in the nfl ". I'm just warning anyone who's livlihood is connected to the Bills that they could find the rug pulled out from underneath very soon. Take the advise FWIW.

JW

speaking of condescending blowhards, i see no real reason to take your advice, to take you seriously or treat you with any iota of respect, given the lack of respect you have for others.

to start off issuing your deepest sympathies and then follow with a putdown is yet again shameless, because it's quite evident your deepest sympathies mean squat, that you're just speaking out of one corner of your mouth while farting out the other side.

so go advise yourself when it comes to treating people with respect, rather than making obtuse attempts at humor in a thread where there is no room for it. grow up.

jw

JW

Wrong. I won't waste my time explaining why, sunshine.

speaking of condescending blowhards, i see no real reason to take your advice, to take you seriously or treat you with any iota of respect, given the lack of respect you have for others.

to start off issuing your deepest sympathies and then follow with a putdown is yet again shameless, because it's quite evident your deepest sympathies mean squat, that you're just speaking out of one corner of your mouth while farting out the other side.

so go advise yourself when it comes to treating people with respect, rather than making obtuse attempts at humor in a thread where there is no room for it. grow up.

jw

Well played, sir. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

jw

I am sorry that Jerry is dealing with family issues and I hope his family is doing better but that doesnt change my opinion of him as a sports writer. I dont know him and I am sure he is a nice guy and I would never wish ill on him or his family.

I came here to discuss his latest Bills article on MArio Williams, his personal fridge in his locker and his lack of media appearances during the week, as is common in his columns, Jerry complains about countless things and it seems like he is upset that he doesnt get the chance to ask MArio more questions throughout the week, a luxury afforded to many players in the league. I also didnt appreciate his treatment and questioning of guys playing with injuries, one second he is calling the guys "warriors" playing through the pain and then he questions Mario about doing it? So I guess because he is so highly paid he can not be a warrior in Jerrys mind.

Well reading back the other JW is obviously an idiot, my apologies to Wawrow as he was just putting a half wit in his place

Edited by cvanvol

I am sorry that Jerry is dealing with family issues and I hope his family is doing better but that doesnt change my opinion of him as a sports writer. I dont know him and I am sure he is a nice guy and I would never wish ill on him or his family.

I came here to discuss his latest Bills article on MArio Williams, his personal fridge in his locker and his lack of media appearances during the week, as is common in his columns, Jerry complains about countless things and it seems like he is upset that he doesnt get the chance to ask MArio more questions throughout the week, a luxury afforded to many players in the league. I also didnt appreciate his treatment and questioning of guys playing with injuries, one second he is calling the guys "warriors" playing through the pain and then he questions Mario about doing it? So I guess because he is so highly paid he can not be a warrior in Jerrys mind.

Well reading back the other JW is obviously an idiot, my apologies to Wawrow as he was just putting a half wit in his place

I have no problem with what Sullivan writes. This latest article seems dead on. It's his job to analyze all the facets of the locker room. Nobody can fault him for the product on the field. If all his articles seem negative, it's deservedly so. (Which wasn't the case at the beginning of the year.) What have the Bills given us to cheer about during the last 12 years!

Jerry Sullivan lacks football knowledge. I do understand he is a columnist and gets paid to share his opinion.

However, when you know nothing and deliver your opinions in an over aggressive, wise guy tone, you are going to rub people the wrong way. He rubs me the wrong way for sure. I don't read his columns and I turn him off when he's on the radio.

Buffalo has a terrible crop of local coverage for the Bills in my opinion. I struggle to find decent analysis from anyone covering the Bills. I think Buscaglia does a good job on WGR giving information he sees with his OWN eyes after re watching game tape. Tasker and Kelso obviously provide alot of insight on the game. I cant stand it when people like Sullivan or Paul Hamilton pretend to know more then Joe Schmo Fan.

You comments about Sullivan are basically my thoughts as well. I listened to him this morning on the WGR audio vault. The guy clearly is upset that he does not get to interrogate him more than twice a week (Wednesdays and game days). If I were Mario, why would I want to have to speak with Sullivan more than twice a week. All one has to do is listen to Sullivan's rants on WGR or the questions he asks after the games to realize that twice a week is more than enough.

Clearly, Mario's performance rushing the passer has not been what we anticipated. Only Mario knows how bad his wrist is/was. If there is an issue with his wrist, it would affect his pass rushing. I suppose I should not be surprised that a keyboard jockey like Sullivan and others are questioning his manhood etc. or fixated on a refrigerator. Sullivan seems to be taking it out on Mario for not being able to talk to him on more than two days a week. I do not care about the refrigerator. I only care about his performance on the field.

The fact is that Mario has played every game notwithstanding whatever is going on with his wrist. He has been ok (not great) against the run, and his pass rushing has not been what we expected. Now that he has had his procedure, we will see whether there is any improvement. In the meantime, I do not see the need to run him out-of-town as some seem to want to do.

As for JW, I think that he does his job pretty well based on the articles that I have read. I do not always agree on his take, but he seems to be a straight shooter and does not seem to have the tired agenda that Sullivan and Bucky Gleason always seem to have.

Edited by Peter

I was looking forward to his column on Monday (I know most of you do not) and there was not one. Does anyone know what happened? I did not know if he was on a different assignment.

Thanks

He's just tired of repeating his self !!

jw

You have NO room to talk... it is like Berlusconi giving Chirac a lesson in fidelity... give me a BREAK!!!!!!!!!!

You have NO room to talk... it is like Berlusconi giving Chirac a lesson in fidelity... give me a BREAK!!!!!!!!!!

i'll stand by what i write and wrote, particularly when taking into account the context of this thread. take potshots all you want, call me a blowhard because there's no doubt i can be one. trouble i have is doing so in the context of this thread, when it's been made clear that Jerry was away dealing with a personal matter. ... i'm sure there are far more threads that can be started -- and have been started -- to take issue with me, Jerry or anyone else.

jw