Is Stephon Gilmore a potential BUST?

Buffalo 66

He should look like he know's what the hell is going on out there! If I showed up to work screwing up all day and looking to my co workers for explanations with a deer in the headlights look on my face I would be unemployed and replaced before days end!

So, you self-admitedly "have not watched a lot of him this year" yet you can make all these assertions regarding his play. You say "he looks clueless out there" without actually seeing him ? ooookkkk

Buddy got at least 3 4-5 year starters from this years draft. All Good. Until of course the contracts are up and they split in FA for a real NFL franchise.

You mean like Kyle WIlliams, Stevie Johnson or Fred Jackson or are you referring to the field stretcher Lee Evans or perhaps the cog of the LB core Poz ?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Preseason? Really?

Dude, you come on here and start a thread saying, "our first round pick could be a potential bust" and also, "I haven't really been watching him play." People are trying to help you here seeing as though you haven't been paying attention and a guy offers that he looked good in pre-season, which he did and you give him a condescending "really?"

REALLY??

No way we can say he's a bust right now.

He's already the teams best corner. He's physical, a solid tackler, good in coverage and very athletic. He's been beat on some double moves but thats to be expected from a rookie trying to make a big play on a defense that is getting pushed around all day.

Give him a chance and we might consider him one of the best CBs ever in Buffalo.

He's not the problem on defense the problem is that $175 million dollar front line that plays like s**t yep Mario, Kyle, Marcel, Mark and Chris they all playing like crap. Its like an assembly line if one part messes up it backs everything else up. You can only guard a guy so long and he's a rookie give him atleast 2 years...

The Bills used to be winners and have not been winners as long as this "board" has been around!

i suspected as much from the first few posts, but awesome troll job on this thread. really, bravo. we needed more of it around here....

He should look like he know's what the hell is going on out there! If I showed up to work screwing up all day and looking to my co workers for explanations with a deer in the headlights look on my face I would be unemployed and replaced before days end!

So you get hired and the company trains you for a couple of Months. On your 5th day of doing your actual job you should be fired for not knowing what you're doing?

The Bills used to be winners and have not been winners as long as this "board" has been around!

That's not true. But seeing as how this community predates your introduction to solid foods and big-boy pants, I'm not surprised you didn't know that.

GO BILLS!!!

This post is a BUST. Dude is a rookie, give him AT LEAST one full season before you begin assessing his play.

You can have all the physical skills in the world, but if youre not coached up you probably wont amount to jack. Considering how bad our entire defense (especially secondary) looks, poor coaching could contribute a lot to his lack of success thus far.

He is a rookie playing the toughest defensive position, on the worst defense in the NFL.... and he hasn't even been the worst corner let alone worst defensive player....

He played a very good game vs NE.... He will get beat, all rookies do but he has shown that he has the potential.

Aaron Williams looks bad though.

That's not true. But seeing as how this community predates your introduction to solid foods and big-boy pants, I'm not surprised you didn't know that.

GO BILLS!!!

It is very true! The last time the Bills won a playoff game was against the dolphins in 1995! Damn near 18 years ago! This board was not around back then!

It is very true! The last time the Bills won a playoff game was against the dolphins in 1995! Damn near 18 years ago! This board was not around back then!

You said the Bills haven't been "winners" since this community got started. That is simply not true. Now you want to move the goalposts to make your point? There's a word for that sort of style but the hell with that. Why don't we just cut to the chase and say it's been 46 years since the Bills won a Superbowl. That should save you a lot of grief moving forward.

GO BILLS!!!

They all are, but It's too early to tell. He looked great in preseason so there's still hope.

He'll be a stud!!

You said the Bills haven't been "winners" since this community got started. That is simply not true. Now you want to move the goalposts to make your point? There's a word for that sort of style but the hell with that. Why don't we just cut to the chase and say it's been 46 years since the Bills won a Superbowl. That should save you a lot of grief moving forward.

GO BILLS!!!

Winners are teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Giants and Ravens, who make the playoffs, WIN in the playoffs! And have hardware on their digits to prove it! I have been a Bills fan for 41 years and can hardly call them winners now or anytime in the last 18 years, which was the last time they won the AFC Championship!

Winners are teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Giants and Ravens, who make the playoffs, WIN in the playoffs! And have hardware on their digits to prove it! I have been a Bills fan for 41 years and can hardly call them winners now or anytime in the last 18 years, which was the last time they won the AFC Championship!

And we all feel your pain.

GO BILLS!!!

And we all feel your pain.

GO BILLS!!!

It is no longer pain, it is actually becoming quite comical!

I can not help being a Bills fan! As a little kid I used to dread Sundays because my mom would swig Genesee and bite her nails, and cuss at the t.v with her Joe Ferguson jersey on! She used to scare the hell out of me! I can't think of many positive things about being a Bills fan, it just happens! It is becoming much easier to deal with though! Peace out!

I can not help being a Bills fan! As a little kid I used to dread Sundays because my mom would swig Genesee and bite her nails, and cuss at the t.v with her Joe Ferguson jersey on! She used to scare the hell out of me! I can't think of many positive things about being a Bills fan, it just happens! It is becoming much easier to deal with though! Peace out!

1.) It's ok to let her out of the attic now.

2.) Is your last name Bates?

3.) Do you operate a motel?

GO BILLS!!!

Well she actually passed away on valentines day after a brief battle with lung cancer!

I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

one thing i have noticed about gilmore: looked very good in the 2 home games and looks very bad in all 3 road games, coincidence or not?

Great in press man coverage, not as good in soft man coverage, and totally lost in zone coverages. It's a process but I can't understand why Wanny doesn't let him do what he seems to do best. He's also being victimized by VERY slow safeties who have been late giving him help on the back end like they're supposed to.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

He's not the problem on defense the problem is that $175 million dollar front line that plays like s**t yep Mario, Kyle, Marcel, Mark and Chris they all playing like crap. Its like an assembly line if one part messes up it backs everything else up. You can only guard a guy so long and he's a rookie give him atleast 2 years...

People say that a good D-line can make a secondary look great by getting to the QB and not giving receivers time to get open. But surely it can work the other way around, too. If the defensive backs are getting beat (maybe it's because of the scheme, granted), then the QB can get rid of the ball right away and the line has no chance, too.

I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Great in press man coverage, not as good in soft man coverage, and totally lost in zone coverages. It's a process but I can't understand why Wanny doesn't let him do what he seems to do best. He's also being victimized by VERY slow safeties who have been late giving him help on the back end like they're supposed to.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for the class!

I mean she was about as hardcore of a bills fan as you will come by! Her headstone has Leonard Smith on it! Her favorite player!

Never met the lady, but just knowing this about her lets me know it was my loss for never having the chance. She must have been quite a lady. You should send Leonard Smith a letter about it.

GO BILLS!!!