Quote by Dareus says it all

well, to be fair, why does someone else have to point out how Dareus hustled, and not you in your first post. isn't hustle infectious, too? isn't that a playing mentality? and didn't he, by making that tackle, impress you?

but evidently, words speak louder than actions, so pardon me if i have difficulty understanding the point that you're attempting to make. he played hard, but he didn't back it up with one comment, and therefore, you've made up your mind that he's soft or something.

so what kind of game are you attempting to play here, because i'm calling a foul.

jw

I don't think he's trying to play a game. I think football is way more than a game to him and it's difficult for him to accept a player, who is being paid very well to call it such. In reality professional football is much more than a game. It is big business and people take it very seriously. It hurts fans, who have loved the sport for so long and have rooted for their home team for so long to hear a player imply that the game is not that important to him. For good or bad, pro football is way more than a game for many folks. I am not judging if that is a good thing or a bad thing. We all have our opinions on that subject , but for many it is way more than agame. As far as Dareus making that comment, I cannot in good conscience be angry with him for it. He just lost his brother in a senseless shooting. Who can blame Dareus for taking that view on footabll at a time when he has lost a loved one? I feel bad for him and give him credit for even playing after such a personal tragedy. I would be shocked if he was able to play at his best level after this.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to what I said before: Marcell takes his job so seriously that he returned from Alabama to play a game in the aftermath of his brother's death when no one would have criticized him if he had taken the game off to stay with his family.

ok, now i'm confused.

you start a thread questioning Marcell Dareus' comments, and when someone else suggests others need to be called out, you question their motives.

and yet, you also agree with said poster by suggesting that you're not defending the quarterback, but at the same time say that you are in fact defending the quarterback because to do anything else would mean agreeing with the poster, who's been bashing the quarterback all along.

so where does that leave us ...

jw

Actually what I'm saying is that this guy does nothing BUT bash one guy. That's all his posts consist of "Fitz this and Fitz that" and while I'm not defending Fitz I think it's extremely hypocritical to jump in and defend someone and say its not okay to bash someone when that's all he ever does. People used to get banned from this site for crusading.

Actually what I'm saying is that this guy does nothing BUT bash one guy. That's all his posts consist of "Fitz this and Fitz that" and while I'm not defending Fitz I think it's extremely hypocritical to jump in and defend someone and say its not okay to bash someone when that's all he ever does. People used to get banned from this site for crusading.

thats because fitz stinks.....it is what it is sorry this displeases you, it displeases me as well but I voice my opinion as I would like him replaced

its called a "good eye" not a crusade......NFL teams pay good money for information like this.....we could have cut the fitz cord earlier but another season has been wasted

on the other hand I do the exact opposite for players who are the backbone of this team like Dareus......I do not feel he needs your approval over a quote about just a game within a month of a brothers death

the team sucks everyone is ornery whatchagondo.............its not a happy place to be right now...............#2013HailGenoSmith!

those are all good questions that remain unanswered.

unfortunately i'm not in the speculation business, so it's not for me to make guesses. and if i had real evidence of strife in the locker room, i'd have reported it. ...

jw

When a team gets handled two weeks in a row like these guys have been handled, there has to be some questioning in the locker room. Either these players now know and accept they are just not in the the same league as teams like the Pats and Niners, or they question scheme and coaching. They can't be naive to what the real problem is. They know better than we do. Persoanlly I think we have horrible schemes and coaching. Rex Ryan clearly outcoached the Bills also. Maybe we have less talent than I thought but I think we should have been able to compete better against the teams we lost to. We should not have lost that badly. I've seen less talented teams compete more effectively.

He's right. And beyond what happened to his brother putting things into perspective, you want players to care of course but not get so down on themselves when things don't work out. Look bat Eli Manning: no matter how bad he may have looked on the play or series before, he just shrugs it off like nothing ever happened. Need short memories to be successful at this game.

He's right. And beyond what happened to his brother putting things into perspective, you want players to care of course but not get so down on themselves when things don't work out. Look bat Eli Manning: no matter how bad he may have looked on the play or series before, he just shrugs it off like nothing ever happened. Need short memories to be successful at this game.

Very true. The funny thing was that Eli used to be criticized for not showing too much emotion. Not any more.

I forgot this too till someone reminded me. He lost his brother two weeks ago, I'd give him a pass for having that mindset.

It is possible that, with the death of his brother, he's realizing that football isn't as important to him as he thought it was.

Which is not a criticism, just an observation: death has a way of making people either rededicate themselves to their priorities ("Life is short, I better make the most of it."), or question them ("Life is short, is this really a worthwhile use of it?") It COULD be that Dareus will go the latter route. Or not - I doubt he's figuring it all out in two weeks.

Dareus is part of the solution, not part of the problem. I think he is one of the younger talents who is suffering a bit from the lack of true veteran leadership on the team, he's just not ready to fill that role yet... he will be fine once Wanny is gone & the new regime hires a real DC.

Dareus is part of the solution, not part of the problem. I think he is one of the younger talents who is suffering a bit from the lack of true veteran leadership on the team, he's just not ready to fill that role yet... he will be fine once Wanny is gone & the new regime hires a real DC.

Well that, or until he bolts when his rook contract expires.

i dont care for this attitude towards one comment. at its worst defintion, which you chose to perceive that way OP, its realistic. Its not about money its about life is what he might be saying.

Dareus is great kid. he has said a lot that has been quoted that seem to be exactly what we should be hearing from our young draftee.

I am liking this site a lot less once the team fell down the stairs and broke something.

What is a fan?

Well right about now we found out who is who here dont we? the answer is yes OP. who stands with the team and falls with them.

He is just a KID

No, it's not just a game. It is a huge part of your life. This isn't checkers with your nephew on Saturday morning. How you play, how you practice is who you are and I hope you think that's important Dareus. If it's just a game, then go do something important with your life and stop wasting it.

I'd prefer my players have the Teddy Bruschi mentality who I personally hate. Howevetuallr, he credited football with teaching him so many important life lessons. It wasn't just a game to him, it was life. Dareus, I give you a bit of a pass because your bro just died, but this is not "just a game."

Actually, the biggest thing learned by Teddy Bruschi about NFL was : "It is just a game" and you have to play your heart out for it.

...and he loses 25 pounds. ;)