Let's say the bills bomb out... is anyone else

Jdragon2

I wonder how many Geno threads we will get between now and the draft?

I'm sure it will be an impressive #, but the pre-draft Tebow thread count will never be surpassed.

I don't know why people torture themselves....you know the Bills are going to pull off 2-3 wins late in the season that will drop them to somewhere around the 9th pick. And that means no Smith or Barkley.

I'm sure it will be an impressive #, but the pre-draft Tebow thread count will never be surpassed.

I don't know why people torture themselves....you know the Bills are going to pull off 2-3 wins late in the season that will drop them to somewhere around the 9th pick. And that means no Smith or Barkley.

One thing can be said about this organization. They excell at mediocrity.

Our defense JUST might be better in the CFL. They'd have a better chance of getting off the field after two downs, that's for sure. Then again, the longer field means more turf they have to defend so it's a wash. What league is below the CFL?

GO BILLS!!!

Where the highest paid players are, NCAA. Actually I think some college teams would probably own them.

Edited by The Wiz

seriously concerned that if a bona fide QB is staring us in the face that this regime will draft elsewhere?

I doubt we end up in a position to draft say, Geno Smith. But if we were given the oppurtunity to do so...I'm seriously concerned they would ignore that fact. They seem disgustingly solid on where they are at QB.

You really think that?

I mean they brought in Vince Young as a back up. They also traded for T Jackson. I am not so sure i believe they think this way.

If anything i think those two moves point to the fact that this regime realizes they have to win this year or they will not be makin gthose decisions in April.

Let's say that we can't trade up and we're picking say 7th or so. Do we take a 2nd tier QB like Tyler Wilson or do we go with a 1st tier LB like Te'o?

In terms of QBs, crazy things begin happening in the 1-2 months leading up to the draft. It's a time when all prior accomplishments (or, rather, lack of) during their college careers are thrown out and a whole bunch of turd polishing begins. QBs you never believed would be 1st round draft picks suddenly begin to be discussed as top 5 picks. My point is, if we don't grab one early on (in the first round), there will be some run of QBs picked sometime after our 1st pick and we'll be left with no one to pick from in the 2nd.

Let's say that we can't trade up and we're picking say 7th or so. Do we take a 2nd tier QB like Tyler Wilson or do we go with a 1st tier LB like Te'o?

Te'o without hesitation. There is big second tier of QBs after Smith and Barkley are gone so they will have options at QB in the 2d round.

In terms of QBs, crazy things begin happening in the 1-2 months leading up to the draft. It's a time when all prior accomplishments (or, rather, lack of) during their college careers are thrown out and a whole bunch of turd polishing begins. QBs you never believed would be 1st round draft picks suddenly begin to be discussed as top 5 picks. My point is, if we don't grab one early on (in the first round), there will be some run of QBs picked sometime after our 1st pick and we'll be left with no one to pick from in the 2nd.

Agreed...The change in Rookie wages has pushed QB's up the Draft Board...It's less of a financial risk now at the most important Position...If you want to wait until the 2nd Round you may be VERY unhappy with what is left over... B-)

Our defense JUST might be better in the CFL. They'd have a better chance of getting off the field after two downs, that's for sure. Then again, the longer field means more turf they have to defend so it's a wash. What league is below the CFL?

GO BILLS!!!

Hey, being a CFL defense would mean we could have 12 men on defense. Maybe by outnumbering a NFL offense we could keep them under 600 yards!