Russell Wilson will never be elite

ny33

While Wilson is starting at QB for Seattle, it's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB. To those of you who keep complaining that we didn't draft him: Graham has been very solid with his targets, struggling mainly with balls thrown far out of his reach.

I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time.

Please read the date of this post and then read through the thread. Quit replying to something that was said months ago and catch up with what is currently being said (thanks, Beerball)

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Wilson is starting at QB for Seattle, it's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB.

Um...You may very well end up being right...But seriously...The Kid has played 5 NFL Games...There is no way anything is fairly evident just yet... B-)

Um...You may very well end up being right...But seriously...The Kid has played 5 NFL Games...There is no way anything is fairly evident just yet... B-)

Things can change, obviously, but when you have certain physical limitations, you're not going to be an elite quarterback in the NFL.

While Wilson is starting at QB for Seattle, it's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB. To those of you who keep complaining that we didn't draft him: Graham has been very solid with his targets, struggling mainly with balls thrown far out of his reach.

I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time.

People in glass houses.....

This is what i do know is one thing that is worse that fitz as a qb, is fitz as a qb in a 5wr set spread chan gun offense when behind. What the heck was that end zone pick??? I have never seen an nfl qb make a throw like that excepting hail mary throws or so.

People in glass houses.....

This is what i do know is one thing that is worse that fitz as a qb, is fitz as a qb in a 5wr set spread chan gun offense when behind. What the heck was that end zone pick??? I have never seen an nfl qb make a throw like that excepting hail mary throws or so.

Again, I don't think the team will win with Fitz at QB. I just want to make a point for the people who were insisting that we draft Wilson. Will Wilson be an adequate starting QB? Possibly. It's also possible that he ends up better than Fitz, but I don't see him ever being above-average.

Again, I don't think the team will win with Fitz at QB. I just want to make a point for the people who were insisting that we draft Wilson. Will Wilson be an adequate starting QB? Possibly. It's also possible that he ends up better than Fitz, but I don't see him ever being above-average.

The draft is always a crap shoot.

Edwards was a 3rd rounder

Losman was a 1st

Brady was a 6th

Romo wasn't drafted

V Young was a 1st

Fitz was a 7th

Ryan Leaf 2nd pick

You never truly know what you are going to get, so for the ones clamoring to draft somebody, anybody to replace Fitz, there is no guarantee they will be better than Fitz. The only 2 I can think of that were absolute home runs were P Maning and A Luck, and would you know the Colts got both of them. I don't think Newton, or RG III are home runs and I do think Dalton will end up being better than both of them. Whatever though, draft is still no guarantee.

I'm lamenting we didn't trade up for Tannehill who will throw 4 TDs against us, when we play.

Excuse me but Wilson is the QB for the Seahawks because he WON THAT JOB. He beat out a more experience, high-priced, (and taller) competitor because he was just that good.

Like I tell everyone, Wilson is just getting started. Just getting a feel for the game, and what he can get away with. He's got a team that believes in him, and so far he hasn't let them down.

Give the kid a chance. His defense is playing for him and they're winning games.

Btw, great post. -I'll be saving it to rub your nose in later.

Excuse me but Wilson is the QB for the Seahawks because he WON THAT JOB. He beat out a more experience, high-priced, (and taller) competitor because he was just that good.

Like I tell everyone, Wilson is just getting started. Just getting a feel for the game, and what he can get away with. He's got a team that believes in him, and so far he hasn't let them down.

Give the kid a chance. His defense is playing for him and they're winning games.

Btw, great post. -I'll be saving it to rub your nose in later.

Thta's right--he beat out the guy everyone here is clamoring to replace Fitz. This is a silly thread.