Russell Wilson will never be elite

ny33

But if he was 5-7 like he most likely be if not worse, we'd be running him out of town and hoping to draft a guy. :nana:

Yep....and that's what he would be with this team. Nice kid, nice story. Let's see where he is at the end of the season and next year. The more he plays the more defenses can gameplan for him. We will get to see him soon in Toronto and we can all see the All Pro QB we should have drafted.

If he cannot carve up the Bills secondary he is not very good at all and everyone on his bandwagon can then jump off

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a good part of this game, flipped ebtween it and the Lions/Colts game, and the biggest thought I had was that the Bills probably should have dealt Jackson to the Seahawks and kept Lynch.

As for Wilson, He has played well this season and has some legs that allow him to keep plays alive. I wouldn't put him in the same category as Luck/RGIII right now, but he isn't a bad QB. As much as you can credit Wilson for the win, you have to also blame the Bears defence for letting them run over him on the game winning drive. Almost that entire drive the announcers kept saying how badly gassed the Bears defence looked out there, they just looked like they had no energy left to stop anyone.

To your first paragraph, Freddy didn't hit a pedestrian on Chippewa Street or take $20 bills from people asking for autographs. In other words Lynch was traded because he had to be traded.

To your second paragraph I think QBs like Wilson who can keep plays alive as you stated have a tendency to get defenses gassed. Does anyone remember Mark Brunnell's performance in Jim Kelly's final game as a Bill?

I wish Russell Wilson was a Bill....

This city would have gone nuts for him. He's an underdog who works hard and snatches victory from the jaws of defeat...sigh....

Actually the Bills had a quarterback very similar to Wilson.

The city didn't really embrace him though.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Actually the Bills had a quarterback very similar to Wilson.

The city didn't really embrace him though.

Do you mean Flutie? I don't think the comparison is a good one, nor do I think the city was entirely against Doug Flutie. You can thank Tom Donahoe and Gregg "Suspended Indefinitely" Williams for letting him go. Oh, and the big guy in Detroit...

Does anyone remember Mark Brunnell's performance in Jim Kelly's final game as a Bill?

i was at that game.....mobility in a QB is a good thing.

The issue was with his height. A lot of teams thought he had talents---just too much risk for a high 3rd round pick. He would have been picked in the 4th or 5th round by most teams.

Also to add...look at the reaction of many on this board when comparing TJ Graham to passing him over based on first year performance.

I will be if we drafted him he would be riding the bench and someone will complain why we didnt draft someone else in the third round.

Edited by djp14150

Anyone want to reevaluate whether or not they would like Russel Wilson on this team?

Dude was struggling big time through the season and getting by his defense. The Seahawks have done a great job bringing him along and he gets the advantage of playing with the defense that gives up the second fewest points in the NFL. A great defense is a QB's best friend. But the dude is a player no doubt about it.

Wilson is clearly too short to succeed in the NFL. Can't throw or run either. B-)

totally, that guy flat out sucks, thank God we have Fitz.

Dude was struggling big time through the season and getting by his defense. The Seahawks have done a great job bringing him along and he gets the advantage of playing with the defense that gives up the second fewest points in the NFL. A great defense is a QB's best friend. But the dude is a player no doubt about it.

you can't be serious?

Again, I don't think the team will win with Fitz at QB. I just want to make a point for the people who were insisting that we draft Wilson. Will Wilson be an adequate starting QB? Possibly. It's also possible that he ends up better than Fitz, but I don't see him ever being above-average.

I have news for you, Wilson is already is better than Fitz. Today proved that.

Need we remind you of Drew Brees? Wilson would have been a better pick than Graham. Look at who we have after Fitz. It is possible Graham would have been there at 4 for us anyway.

Dude is hands down better than Pickspatrick.

I have news for you, Wilson is already is better than Fitz. Today proved that.

Need we remind you of Drew Brees? Wilson would have been a better pick than Graham. Look at who we have after Fitz. It is possible Graham would have been there at 4 for us anyway.

Yep, I conceded a few weeks back that Wilson is the real deal. He's legit.

A rookie QB not lighting it up in his first few weeks is to be expected and has little bearing on his overall talent or future.