Official Bills at 49ers Game Thread

Just Jack

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to blame Chan for Chandler fumbling. If they had kneeled down or ran, Fitz or Freddie would have fumbled. This is a team of destiny - a perpetually ugly destiny.

McKelvin runback called back on Byrd holding.

Fitz missing open receivers deep.

Not only is the season fading fast, but that combined with Ralph's health and lease negotiations stalling mean dark clouds gathering and seemingly the end for this franchise.

Where to even begin? The unnecessary Byrd hold on the punt return TD (McKelvin was gone anyway, Byrd should have just pushed his man aside)?Anyway, same old story for this team on the road. It's either lost opportunity, like having SF with 3rd and 9 from their own 1, or turnovers, or hopelessly bad pass coverage. As for the O, Chan gets another C minus for his play calling. He dialed up some nice stuff of the play action, but there are always head scratchers mixed in in critical situations. Like throwing deep on an important 3rd and 2. Sure CJ gets open down the sideline, but you have Fitz trying to get him the ball, not Manning or Flacco. You can get open all day and it won't matter if your QB can't throw deep. Best bet with Fitz is play small ball and keep the drive alive, then take your deep shots and 1st or maybe a second and short. Give yourself another down, cuz Fitz isn't completeing many deep. The defense is in perpetual suckitude mode, our MVP on D is probably Jerome Boger. At least he's calling stuff as it is and not letting the better team get away with stuff. This one should probably be more out of hand than it is, and it could be closer with some better coaching, yhe turnover notwithsatnding. But ios their any doubt this season is already over? So sick of watching this sorry A$$ dance . Sheer incompetence against good competition on the road. Our secondary is a travesty. Oh well, what more ineptitude will we see in half 2? And yes, yet another QB has a career best 1st half vs Bills.

Bingo!! Defences don't have career days against us, but qb's continue to against our D. We don't need the Brady, Rodgers etc to win. We need a defence.

Also. Bills had a chance to change the culture and find a legitimate football coach with fresh ideas. And they went back to the recycling bin, hiring another guy who coached himself out of the NFL. And then he goes on to hire a defensive coordinator who coached himself out of the league. Its just bad news. SF is a good team, but after this long, the Bills should have been rebuilding to a point whereupon they can compete with any team in the league. Once again - this franchise is simply unable to play with the best teams. They just get trounced. Watch out for a brutal 2nd half if they start slow.

No one wanted the HC job, Harbaugh being one of them. Buffalo has become NFL Siberia and no career minded personnel guy or HC will go there. No one. They could offer Cowher part of the team and it wouldn't be enough. RW has never adjusted, and his suing Philips, hiring Levy, promoting Brandon, and hiring Nix demonstrates that.

i jst do not know right now...i think Chan has lost his mind, started last week at end of first alf, and i meanthe passes and not the fumble.

been a long 12 years...

The man simply shouldn't be a head coach. Lacks judgement and management ability. He should be an OC. In giants terms he's Kevin gilbride trying to be tom coughlin.

Where to even begin? The unnecessary Byrd hold on the punt return TD (McKelvin was gone anyway, Byrd should have just pushed his man aside)?Anyway, same old story for this team on the road. It's either lost opportunity, like having SF with 3rd and 9 from their own 1, or turnovers, or hopelessly bad pass coverage. As for the O, Chan gets another C minus for his play calling. He dialed up some nice stuff of the play action, but there are always head scratchers mixed in in critical situations. Like throwing deep on an important 3rd and 2. Sure CJ gets open down the sideline, but you have Fitz trying to get him the ball, not Manning or Flacco. You can get open all day and it won't matter if your QB can't throw deep. Best bet with Fitz is play small ball and keep the drive alive, then take your deep shots and 1st or maybe a second and short. Give yourself another down, cuz Fitz isn't completeing many deep. The defense is in perpetual suckitude mode, our MVP on D is probably Jerome Boger. At least he's calling stuff as it is and not letting the better team get away with stuff. This one should probably be more out of hand than it is, and it could be closer with some better coaching, yhe turnover notwithsatnding. But ios their any doubt this season is already over? So sick of watching this sorry A$$ dance . Sheer incompetence against good competition on the road. Our secondary is a travesty. Oh well, what more ineptitude will we see in half 2? And yes, yet another QB has a career best 1st half vs Bills.

Game Day. We're drunk. Less words.

Wow. Just wow.

What's the problem? Trolls should be ignored--- trolls that post inflammatory or excessively rude comments like that should be banned. Derailing the game day thread to focus attention on a troll is exactly what they want.

What's the problem? Trolls should be ignored--- trolls that post inflammatory or excessively rude comments like that should be banned. Derailing the game day thread to focus attention on a troll is exactly what they want.

:thumbsup:

I don't hate the guy nor do I love him. But I find it crazy how he gets blamed for everything wrong with the team. The missed deep balls in this game aren't why we're losing, but some posters are so blinded by their fitz hate they can't see the porous defence in front of them.

I disagree with 100% of your post.

> But I find it crazy how he gets blamed for everything wrong with the team.

Who? Does anyone here really think that Fitz is the only thing wrong with this team? Once the season started, it became clear--to both Fitz's supporters and detractors--that this team doesn't have the defense we all thought it did. No one here is arguing otherwise! :angry:

> The missed deep balls in this game aren't why we're losing,

Wrong again. The missed deep balls are part of why we're losing. Each bad defensive play represents another part of why we're losing.

> but some posters are so blinded by their fitz hate they can't see the porous defence in front of them.

You and I must be reading different discussion boards. I've seen nothing here which remotely supports what you've written.

I just love the predictability of our defense. Rush four or sometimes three, rush straight up so the other guy knows exactly were ya are, everyone go wide on the rush leaving the qb a perfect view of field and ability to hit the crossing patterns without hands anywhere near the ball. Wanny was the savior everyone wanted look what we got