Official Bills at 49ers Game Thread

Just Jack

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We showed Cleveland some remorse in week 3 even though we were only up by 10 pts. I thought SF coulda done the same for us.

That's because we're a terrible team with no leadership on the field or on the sidelines, and we don't know how to close out games; where as the 49'ers are an organization swelling with pride and bursting with leaders who know how to slam the door and never allow themselves to play a single down without their foot on the gas.

Pretty classy of SF to score that last TD with <2 minutes left in the game. That really helped to seal the victory.

It's hard to run out the clock without scoring against a team that absolutely refuses to stop the run and keep you out of the end zone.

It's hard to run out the clock without scoring against a team that absolutely refuses to stop the run and keep you out of the end zone.

At this point I have to believe that their opposition to stopping the run is moral, and I'll be damned if they aren't the most devout group of men I've ever seen.

It's Gailey and Wannstedt's job to stop Jim Harbaugh's team from scoring, not Jim Harbaugh's job.

I agree with this. Just to add to what you've written: San Francisco probably wanted to get their backups some experience in regular season games. They probably figured that telling their backups on offense to try to score points represented better experience (and better confidence-building for them) than telling them to run, run, run, punt. As for any embarrassment the Bills might have experienced in the process: like you said, it's the Bills' job to stop that. Besides which, the Bills deserved to be embarrassed! :angry:Any team which plays that badly should be embarrassed, especially when they're getting paid $100 million to deliver that level of play.