Words Gailey will say again

"After reviewing San Francisco’s 34-0 shutout win over the New York Jets, the very same team that beat the Bills 48-28 at MetLife Stadium, Buffalo’s head coach shared his thoughts on the 49ers dominant win with Bay Area reporters on Wednesday.

“It was pretty impressive,” Gailey said. “They just whooped them in every way and fashion, whipped them in all three phases. It was as dominating as a performance as you’ll see.”

http://blog.49ers.co...nd-fitzpatrick/

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Gailey will say, "We didn't play physical. You can't win a ball game with that many turnovers against a pretty good football team. We need to be mentally tough." You know what? I'm actually bored typing all this crap... Who cares what he says. If we dont finish 9-7 or minimum 8-8? Gailey is GONE! Then my guess is Wannstache becomes head coach and after 2 years we're "rebuilding" again...

Gailey will say, "We didn't play physical. You can't win a ball game with that many turnovers against a pretty good football team. We need to be mentally tough." You know what? I'm actually bored typing all this crap... Who cares what he says. If we dont finish 9-7 or minimum 8-8? Gailey is GONE! Then my guess is Wannstache becomes head coach and after 2 years we're "rebuilding" again...

Don't Say Wanstache, that guy is the reason our D is playing so bad.

We need an innovator like Vic Fangio.

" is an American football coach. He is the current defensive coordinator of the San Francisco 49ers. Prior to being named the 49ers Defensive Coordinator, Fangio was defensive coordinator for the Stanford Cardinal, linebackers coach for the Baltimore Ravens and defensive coordinator for the Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, and Carolina Panthers.[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Fangio

Sad, but very true. :(

Ha! So he bombs out at assistant defensive coordinator and gets promoted to defensive coordinator. Then bombs out again as defensive coordinator and gets promoted to head coach?

Don't Say Wanstache, that guy is the reason our D is playing so bad.

We need an innovator like Vic Fangio.

" is an American football coach. He is the current defensive coordinator of the San Francisco 49ers. Prior to being named the 49ers Defensive Coordinator, Fangio was defensive coordinator for the Stanford Cardinal, linebackers coach for the Baltimore Ravens and defensive coordinator for the Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, and Carolina Panthers.[1]"

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Vic_Fangio

LOL

Have we learned nothing?

When was the last time that the organization went out and found a coach with real credentials and not Mr. Rogers Make-Believe-Neighorhood made up credentials that everyone fawns over, including many here and on other Bills forums, until it's plain as day that they were sold a bill-of-goods?

Wannstache is exactly the kind of person they'd select, although they've probably killed that likelihood because he is the DC and off to the worst Defensive start in Bills' history and on pace to shatter the team's former worst Points-Allowed standard of 454 in 1984 when the team was 2-14. He's already pacing 90 points more allowed than last season and needs to average only 27 ppg allowed in order to achieve a new standard in that way. Right now there's nothing to counter the notion that he'll get it.

The organization doesn't hire anyone good or proven, you should know that.

It hires people like Nix who as part of an entire FO elsewhere all of a sudden was the reason for everything good that happened at that particular front office and of course advised against all of their worst moves and was responsible of course for none of their worst moves. Forget the fact that his 2010 Draft hardly has any players left on the team and doesn't feature a single player that can be counted on regularly from game to game.

... or that after Dareus, a pick requiring real brain power, his 2011 draft ain't far behind. ... or that this season's draft only features Glenn as offering anything significant through 4 games, who was drafted after Gilmore who can't cover man2man.

Nah, it'll be another retread requiring turd polish like Levy. As to coaches, expect someone, like Gailey, who hasn't coached in a decade, and when he did, his team got worse in his brief tenure, or that coached a non-NFL style offense in college using players that never did anything in the NFL.

Or someone like Jauron, who failed miserably in his former job as a head coach featuring perennial losing.

Or someone like Mularkey, whose former team didn't even want him, and who made his unit notably worse over his three seasons as a coordinator.

So take a look at the thousands of available candidates from those available pools, and you'll find our next coach. And hey, who knows, I'd say that the odds are 50/50 that this new coach isn't even working in the NFL this season.

Nuthin' but the best for Bills fans, some of the best fans in the country. Then again, it's these same fans that continue to support such blatantly pathetic decision making every year and those here in these forums that criticize those that point this out at the onset of it all, not only when it becomes patently obvious. So hey, if the forums are a good sample of the entire fan base, who knows, maybe the majority of fans do deserve what's happening now.

the entire senior coaching staff hired by Nix in 3 years had been out of the NFl prior to their hire (with the notable exception of Curtis Modkins!).

Gailey--fired at GT, then fired by the Chiefs.

Wanny--quit before he could be fired at Pitt.

Edwards--LB coach at Florida.

I see other teams stealing up and coming coordinators from other teams to make them HC. Or even top postion coaches to become coordinator. Here we are three years into getting serially abused by our division and it's sad to see how our staff keeps ending up the same questionable quality.

Edited by Mr. WEO

the entire senior coaching staff hired by Nix in 3 years had been out of the NFl prior to their hire (with the notable exception of Curtis Modkins!).

I see other teams stealing up and coming coordinators from other teams to make them HC. Or even top postion coaches to become coordinator. Here we are three years into getting serially abused by our division and it's sad to see how our staff keeps ending up the same questionable quality.

Who wants to coach a team in a city that has a losing attitude? The City of Bufflalo learned to lose and accepts it.

You're right. It worked out so well when we hired up-and-coming Gregggg Williams, then up-and-coming Mike Mularkey...

LOL

Have we learned nothing?

When was the last time that the organization went out and found a coach with real credentials and not Mr. Rogers Make-Believe-Neighorhood made up credentials that everyone fawns over, including many here and on other Bills forums, until it's plain as day that they were sold a bill-of-goods?

Wannstache is exactly the kind of person they'd select, although they've probably killed that likelihood because he is the DC and off to the worst Defensive start in Bills' history and on pace to shatter the team's former worst Points-Allowed standard of 454 in 1984 when the team was 2-14. He's already pacing 90 points more allowed than last season and needs to average only 27 ppg allowed in order to achieve a new standard in that way. Right now there's nothing to counter the notion that he'll get it.

It hires people like Nix who as part of an entire FO elsewhere all of a sudden was the reason for everything good that happened at that particular front office and of course advised against all of their worst moves and was responsible of course for none of their worst moves. Forget the fact that his 2010 Draft hardly has any players left on the team and doesn't feature a single player that can be counted on regularly from game to game.

... or that after Dareus, a pick requiring real brain power, his 2011 draft ain't far behind. ... or that this season's draft only features Glenn as offering anything significant through 4 games, who was drafted after Gilmore who can't cover man2man.

Nah, it'll be another retread requiring turd polish like Levy. As to coaches, expect someone, like Gailey, who hasn't coached in a decade, and when he did, his team got worse in his brief tenure, or that coached a non-NFL style offense in college using players that never did anything in the NFL.

Or someone like Jauron, who failed miserably in his former job as a head coach featuring perennial losing.

Or someone like Mularkey, whose former team didn't even want him, and who made his unit notably worse over his three seasons as a coordinator.

So take a look at the thousands of available candidates from those available pools, and you'll find our next coach. And hey, who knows, I'd say that the odds are 50/50 that this new coach isn't even working in the NFL this season.

Nuthin' but the best for Bills fans, some of the best fans in the country. Then again, it's these same fans that continue to support such blatantly pathetic decision making every year and those here in these forums that criticize those that point this out at the onset of it all, not only when it becomes patently obvious. So hey, if the forums are a good sample of the entire fan base, who knows, maybe the majority of fans do deserve what's happening now.

Nail meet hammer.

Not only are the coordinators recycles, but so are many of the assistants. Where would guys like Joe D'Alessandris, Giff Smith, Adrian White and Bob Bicknell be without Gailey? I'm guessing in the college ranks, but certainly not in the NFL.

Nail meet hammer.

Not only are the coordinators recycles, but so are many of the assistants. Where would guys like Joe D'Alessandris, Giff Smith, Adrian White and Bob Bicknell be without Gailey? I'm guessing in the college ranks, but certainly not in the NFL.

Nail partly met hammer. I think RW recognized his past wrongs and tried the right approach in 2010 to bring in a new coaching staff. Never in the team's history have they gone on such a high profile hunt that bordered on embarrassment (stalking Cowher, etc). The fact that all the high profile candidates turned the team down flat is a hurdle that is hard to overcome. Nix didn't help his cause by lying about the 15 calls/day or the quip that even Raiders get calls to fill vacancies. Sad part is that the revolving coaching door in Oakland has produced better results than the Bills staff in the last decade.

So, no matter how bad things turn out this season gutting Gailey may be the wrong long term move for the franchise because it will further cement OBD as the place to avoid.

Gailey: I don't know what happened. We had a great practice Friday and a great walk through at the stick on Saturday. I'm going to review the tape because this is unacceptable. Dave is doing his job and I stand behind him. We just need to get healthy again, and I can understand the fans frustrations. I thought our long snapper did a great job in such a noisy stadium though.

Gailey: I don't know what happened. We had a great practice Friday and a great walk through at the stick on Saturday. I'm going to review the tape because this is unacceptable. Dave is doing his job and I stand behind him. We just need to get healthy again, and I can understand the fans frustrations. I thought our long snapper did a great job in such a noisy stadium though.

Well played.

LOL

Have we learned nothing?

How about Mike Nolan? He's a retread but he's a good coach and a second go at HC, he want make the same mistakes again. We got to get lucky sometimes, right ?