Who will be the Bills QB next year

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he lost his job after a big free agent deal to Russell Wilson, but I would still take Matt Flynn if

Seattle was willing to be reasonable.

Thoughts, and who is your pick/guess ?

GB made Matt Flynn. He was a caretaker in college and was a 7th round pick for a reason. I'm sick of other team's backups. I wanna get our own stud in the draft for once and Geno Smith would like great in a Bills uni.

Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the starting QB next year. Buffalo won't have a high enough pick to select anyone developed enough to be given the keys to the car in their first year.

You know - we all know - this is true, to an extent. A thought occurred to me today: I was reading a critical report on the Jets, and whether or not Tebow should get his chance yet, on how Sanchez has looked terrible the last two plus games. My reaction? My gut sank for a second. The very same Jets who destroyed Buffalo, whose QB WAY outperformed ours, WILL PROBABLY END UP WITH A WORSE RECORD THAN OURS!!!! THESE JETS MIGHT END UP BEING ABLE TO PICK THEIR GUY BEFORE WE EVEN GET A SHOT!

And, not only those Jets. How many other teams are looking bad and in need of a QB? It's the same old story. The Bills suck, but not enough - in the standings - to ever really get better. HOWEVER - and this is a BIG however - it doesn't mean we still can't get our guy! This is a point that needs to be made very clear throughout this year and into next. Just because other teams end up drafting before us does NOT mean we can't trade up to get the QB we need. We simply cannot let chance and draft status continue to marginalize this team. We've needed a QB for over a decade. If we don't have the spot to get him, then it is time to trade WHATEVER is necessary to get up high enough to get him. PERIOD.

I mean, if we had a really stellar QB - like Griffin III or Luck, or even Bradford - does anyone think we couldn't be an 11-5 team this year? I do. I think with the YOUNG nucleus this team has, and with the depth we've created, that our holes - WR, LB, and QB - can be addressed in other ways than strictly sticking to given slots on draft day. So what if we give up 3 first round picks? How many of ours end up making any real difference, record wise, without that QB? NONE. We can still get starters in the second and third rounds, and we can always pick up a FA WR or LB.

The answer to this is clear. Buddy has assembled a team ready to take on a rookie QB. If we don't get him next year, I certainly will not support another year of Fitzpatrick. I mean, we've know who and what he's capable of for 2 years, and to put an entire season on his shoulders is only excusable if you're doing it to draft his replacement. NO other reason is acceptable to me.

Edited by sllib olaffub

Yes, we may be able to draft a top QB prospect next year the way things are looking. But does anyone know which quarterbacks will be free agents?

Another possibility may be the guy (Flynn?) sitting on the bench in Seattle. Teams may be looking to trade for him.

Fitz will never lead us to the promised land. No inconsistent, weak armed quarterback of his magnitude will.

I think the answer to this starts with who will be the Bills head coach next year? If the answer is Chan Gailey, then the answer to your questions is Noodle Arm Fitzpatrick. If we have a new head coach, we have a new QB, but eventually Fitz will pull Gailey's sinking ship all the way down.

Well, we'll likely finish with 7 or 8 wins and end up with a mediocre draft position. We'll draft BPA and that won't be a QB. We'll probably take a QB in the mid-rounds (think, Trent Edwards) to groom behind Fitz. So, I'll say Fitz starts the 2013 season at QB and gives way later in the season or in 2014 to the new guy.

Well Buddy likes to draft from the south east...

My guess is AJ McCarron (if he comes out for the draft) from Alabama or EJ Manuel from Florida State. Other possibilities are Tyler Wilson from Arkansas or Tyler Bray from Tennessee. Don't expect Matt Barkley from USC.

I think it will be either be Michael Vick or Kirk Cousins via trades or our 1st round pick in 2013 if they're in a good position to get one who's a potential franchise QB.

Fitzpatrick just isn't reaching that final next level he needed to reach this season.