Who will be HC next year?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides me and Jim Harbaugh, I'll go with his coordinators Greg Roman and Vic Fangio. Also wouldn't mind Mike Nolan and John Gruden.

Gruden would be ideal. He'd bring the passion and enthusiasm I'm not seeing from the current regime. I don't think guys would be moping around defeated on the sidelines with the game still in reach if he were the coach. And he'd be great to bring up a young QB. But I doubt he's coming down from that press box.

I think Andy Reid will end up getting fired from Philly and that's who I'd like to see.

I was thinking about him, but I don't think he's going anywhere. But it would be nice. The guy knows football.

Almost as good as yours eh?

I guess everyone is so used to the high levels of sarcasm in this forum, you can't take words at face value.

As long as RW is the owner, speculation on good choices for coach are a waste of time. He will make some ether-induced choice like how he chose Gailey after dreaming of doing the charleston with Betty Grable

Cowher because he had a great record in a very tough conference competing against pats and colts at their finest. He knows how to get the most out of players , use the talent he has, and sprinkle in just the right amount of razzle dazzle without over complicating it for his own players. He also brings a tough, winning attitude and jewelry on his finger that players will respect. I always listen to his halftime comments because he has such a great read on the flow of a game and can break it down to a one or two keys. One reason why he called such a solid game and seldom gave it away. Just great make up for a head coach. Get the impression he's versatile too, not tied to any one system or the dreaded "genius" label.

That said odds we get him are close to zero. None of the big names went into retirement to come out and coach for bills. Now if the team is moved to Niagara falls and becomes the cornerstone of the leagues internationalization plans , could be a different story.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'm fine with Chan, as long as they find a better QB.

This.

If, OTOH, Chan and Buddy are married to Fitz and can't accept that this guy physically just can't make the throws, then !@#$ it --- the baby goes out with the bath water.

I mean... the guy isn't willing to throw the ball more than 10 yards. On 2nd and 27 this week, he threw it behind the LOS on the next two passes. Is it a dead arm / Kelly Holcomb thing? Or is he just that erratic?

I hope the coach and FO can finally see what we have at QB... what they're paying $10M/year for!!!... and finally get the stones to DO something about quarterback in the draft and not blame it on our slot or whatever.

Try SOMETHING else because Fitz ain't it.

If Chan does that, he gets more time. If he remains adamant that he can make chicken salad out of chicken stevestojan... I won't be spending $ or time on this team next year. I mowed the lawn on Sunday. And I can find other stuff to do if they're not serious about trying to win and do more than beat the KCs and Clevelands of the league.

The OL is now good. Maybe invest more at another guard spot. But we've got a good line that a rookie QB won't die or get gunshy behind. Geni Smith, the kid from Miami-Ohio, whatever. Try something else. Try someone who can physically make ALL THE THROWS an NFL QB needs to make these days.

We can't compete with a lame duck.

What the fellas that say stick with Chan don't get is so many games the last 2 years have been winnable if not for the pass happy Fitz lover. Instead of more running the ball with his two top RB's Gailey prefers to have the backup QB throw. Right now I'd like to see what that O line looks like with TJ behind center. Talk about a lame duck, Gailey chose Fitz over a rookie for 3 years now. He doesn't know talent, assistants...just look at the defense!

Anyway, even tho RW isn't "comfortable" with Marty S. I would choose him over anyone else at this juncture. The Bills need a HC that knows not just the HCing job but the entire football operations side. Know who to draft, and can judge asses talent on the entire team, knows what assistants to hire.

The Bills are desperate for a HC that will build a power running game and strong defense, its the only way to win in Buffalo when the snow falls and that winter wind whips up in RW stadium.

What the fellas that say stick with Chan don't get is so many games the last 2 years have been winnable if not for the pass happy Fitz lover. Instead of more running the ball with his two top RB's Gailey prefers to have the backup QB throw. Right now I'd like to see what that O line looks like with TJ behind center. Talk about a lame duck, Gailey chose Fitz over a rookie for 3 years now. He doesn't know talent, assistants...just look at the defense!

Anyway, even tho RW isn't "comfortable" with Marty S. I would choose him over anyone else at this juncture. The Bills need a HC that knows not just the HCing job but the entire football operations side. Know who to draft, and can judge asses talent on the entire team, knows what assistants to hire.

The Bills are desperate for a HC that will build a power running game and strong defense, its the only way to win in Buffalo when the snow falls and that winter wind whips up in RW stadium.

You mean like when Kelly was the QB?

He has been pass happy, but with a good passer he should be fine. A big factor in keeping Gailey would be stability,the team needs that.

Edited by Geno Smith's Arm