Video Game Virgin: What's the first game you remember playing?

Fezmid

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What came with the Atari 2600? I remember playing Asteriods but I don't think that was included.

Combat came with the unit.

My library included: Combat, Breakout, Space Invaders, Astroids, Adventure, Superman, Warlords, Defender, Berzerk, ET, Yars Revenge. Later, Activision had some good ones like Pitfall, Donkey Kong and Frogger.

But my first was Pong. You could also play soccer and tennis!

Edited by KD in CT

My library included: Combat, Breakout, Space Invaders, Astroids, Adventure, Superman, Warlords, Defender, Berzerk, ET, Yars Revenge. Later, Activision had some good ones like Pitfall, Donkey Kong and Frogger.

loved yars revenge....I had all those same games....put so many hours on them. One of the earliest games I can recall that we had a lot of fun with was Circus Atari.

ET.....the first time I ever threw a controller at the TV. NO! I did NOT touch the !@#$ing side making me fall to the bottom of the pit again!

River Raid was always my favorite 2600 game.

I couldn't tell you what the first game was, but it would have been either on the intellivision or the colecovision. So I did enjoy that first story in the link. The rest were a bunch if kids.

The first one was me... :lol:

We should organize some Atari 2600 competitions for TBD'ers :thumbsup:

I wish I still had ours, my parents gave it to one of those "salvation army/rescue mission" type stores since all us kids said we didn't want it, and EBay wasn't around yet. We had around 30-40 games and numerous controllers for it.

The first one was me... :lol:

Well then nice work. You had my attention the second I saw the picture. I spent more than my fair share of time on each of those games you listed except the last one, which I've never heard of. Oh, and thanks to you, I have that B17 bomber voice stuck in my head.

As far as I can remember it was space invaders. Maybe one of the other 2600 games of the time. Fun times.

Holy crap, I've been trying to remember the name of Bezerk forever. Every time this subject comes up I try to get someone to remember that game, and nobody can. That damn smiley face used to piss me off!