Guess Who Is 27th In The NFL In Passing Yards...

Pitta

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exhibit 101 on How to tell the difference between a fantasy fan who's easily impressed by numbers, and real fans who just like to see their team win. Incase you're not familiar with football its a situational game. For the last 2 weeks CJ Spiller has been not only the best player on the Bills, but hard pressed the best player in the NFL. Up until yesterday when Spiller got hurt we where the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. We blew out the Chiefs, and where on the verge of blowing out the Browns again until Spiller got hurt and oh yeah in the process of Spiller getting hurt Fitzpatrick threw for 3 tds. Real life is not Madden football. Our best players are runningbacks. The strength of this team will be our run game and defense. Get used to it.

Maybe you'll be impressed by the following though fantasy geek

Buffalo is 6th in the league in ppg at 29. 11th in the league in yards per game at 371. 3rd in rushing offense at 178ypg. 8th at 3rd down pct and I'm fairly certain in the top 5 in redzone pct. Oh yeah and we're 2-1

Edited by Stealth

You guessed it. Ryan Fitzpatrick. Before everyone gets there jollys that Fitz is tied for lead in passing TDs. Even though 3 came in garbage time against the Jets and the other 5 against sh*tty teams. He is 27th in passing yards. Guys ahead of him include Ryan Tannehill, Bradon Weeden, Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez, etc. If he did not have that garbage time against the Jets he probably would be last. The key to this season is division games. With a huge one coming up on Sunday. We can't go 1-5 like we did last year in divison. I will change my tune when we start winning against good teams.

Pitta, go back to my fantasy's team bench.

That is allI have to say. Good trade...

The Bills are 3rd in the league rushing, and in three games have had one where they were blown out, one where they blew out the opposition and were running down the clock, and one where they were protecting a lead in a reasonably close game.

So Fitzpatrick isn't throwing the ball as much as, say, Stafford or Manning. So what's your point?

His point is that he's not thrilled with Fitzpatrick's play. Which is all he had to say, but he decided to go on a rant about it.

How strange it is... Fetish Boners change from week to week. We finally are running the ball like this board has screamed for, and it's now an issue?

lol yeah cause running the ball isn't as "Sexy" as the long bomb. Why take the average 3-5 yard gain. Over the 50 yard pass that will be incomplete about 60% of the time. Give me 3rd and forever over 3rd and short and long drives anyday of the week :wallbash:

One of the best stats for me is Run after Catch. We have not many plays that have broken a tackle for big gain. Have we?

The passing game is hit the spot. I think you guys have covered the consensus on Ryan and all That.

I dont see many leading passes by Fitz. Like leading a receiver AWAY from the hit or the safety. He has put the receivers in bad spots. One of the passes to Donald Jones i cringed. There was going to be NO RAC after that. If he survived even, Boo! Ryan. Boo.

Maybe having TJ will change the thinking a start a trend of throwing PAST the coverage and letting Graham go get it.

I respect Jones, he is a hard worker smart good blocker and can catch lately. Nelson is not a deep threat but great hands and mismatch.

Stevie gets open. Thats his thing. shifty feet. Graham is the missing bit. i hope we can find another like him. Hes got hands attitude smarts and i bet will just get better and better, its early i know but the only way we can dial down spread offense and get some rec yards stats up there is play the vertical game once in awhile. and i think we will.

go bills

His point is that he's not thrilled with Fitzpatrick's play. Which is all he had to say, but he decided to go on a rant about it.

I dont think anyone except Chan is pleased with Fitzes play. Its just degrees of unhappy by now for us.

But the no interceptions last two games is wonderful stat and goes along way to winning and thats good work by Chan too.

You guessed it. Ryan Fitzpatrick. Before everyone gets there jollys that Fitz is tied for lead in passing TDs. Even though 3 came in garbage time against the Jets and the other 5 against sh*tty teams. He is 27th in passing yards. Guys ahead of him include Ryan Tannehill, Bradon Weeden, Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez, etc. If he did not have that garbage time against the Jets he probably would be last. The key to this season is division games. With a huge one coming up on Sunday. We can't go 1-5 like we did last year in divison. I will change my tune when we start winning against good teams.

Guess who is 28th in passing yards in the NFL right now, right after Fitzy? You didn't guess it, or you wouldn't have brought this up - Aaron Rodgers.

Preceeded by Ryan Tannehill, whom many were jonesing for us to draft, and with tail-end Charlie, Russ Wilson, who likewise excited TBD interest, at #32. Josh Freeman, Jay Cutler, and Alex Smith are in the vicinity - I think I heard something here about Alex Smith being a great QB now and Jay Cutler being unbelievably better than Fitz (can't remember which TBD poster said it).

So What's Your Point? Do you really want to argue that number of passing yards after 3 games is a proper metric of a quality QB, based on this evidence?

I would really like to have some explain exactly what "garbage time" is. By how many scores does the other team have to be ahead, with how many minutes left in the game? Because this concept seems to be applied pretty much to any point in the game in which the other team has a significant lead. And yet, the points still count, and when the other team scores enough of them, it's called a "comeback".

Guess who is 28th in passing yards in the NFL right now, right after Fitzy? You didn't guess it, or you wouldn't have brought this up - Aaron Rodgers.

Preceeded by Ryan Tannehill, whom many were jonesing for us to draft, and with tail-end Charlie, Russ Wilson, who likewise excited TBD interest, at #32. Josh Freeman, Jay Cutler, and Alex Smith are in the vicinity - I think I heard something here about Alex Smith being a great QB now and Jay Cutler being unbelievably better than Fitz (can't remember which TBD poster said it).

So What's Your Point? Do you really want to argue that number of passing yards after 3 games is a proper metric of a quality QB, based on this evidence?

I would really like to have some explain exactly what "garbage time" is. By how many scores does the other team have to be ahead, with how many minutes left in the game? Because this concept seems to be applied pretty much to any point in the game in which the other team has a significant lead. And yet, the points still count, and when the other team scores enough of them, it's called a "comeback".

Possibly when the defense goes into "prevent" and soft coverage base front.

fairly useless metric

This is exhibit 101 on How to tell the difference between a fantasy fan who's easily impressed by numbers, and real fans

Spot on. I quit fantasy three years ago because I think in some ways it ruins true fandom. It has it's place... but not for me. I don't miss it a bit... and whenever someone tells me about their fantasy team... they usually don't understand real football.

Spot on. I quit fantasy three years ago because I think in some ways it ruins true fandom. It has it's place... but not for me. I don't miss it a bit... and whenever someone tells me about their fantasy team... they usually don't understand real football.

LOL..so true. I never really got into fantasy football, but was big into fantasy baseball for several years. It just never felt right though: I would be forced to root against my team's players at times and/or hope players from teams i hate succeed. Less stress now without it. :thumbsup: