Bills vs the Browns - The most dissed game this week

ColdBlueNorth

If Spiller hadn't been hurt, I don't even think a comment about the game would have made it to any of the National Sports News outlets.

2 Sites didn't even mention the match-up as part of their early morning run-up to kickoff and on the halftime show Deon actually apologized for having to provide updates for such an unimportant game. It seems that it does not matter how ugly Dallas or the Jests play - they are always given respect. "Oh look, a replay of Tebow running 2 yards from the Jet's wildcat - simply amazing" - Fail....epic.

Other thoughts: B-)

Great win by our Bills team and it will be even better if we have Jackson back healthy for NE - we need to crush NE now while they are struggling to stay confident.

Keeping two starting tailbacks looks like Chan-genius now.

PS. As a backup tailback, I thought White ran better than Choice with less room, but they both ran with determination.

Edited by ColdBlueNorth

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, Shannon Sharp blasted CBS for making them talk about the 2 yard gain by Tebow on the meaningless fake punt. He accused them of "trying to keep Tebow relevant". However, no one outside Buffalo or Cleveland likely cared about this game once Spiller went out...

The inferiority complex lives on. I understand even feel it but nobody (minus a few thousand die hards) really cares about the Bills an Browns. The only way it changes is through winning. Get relevant to be relevant.

So according to that theory the Cardinals should be getting more "face time" than the Jests. I know it is a freaking popularity contest, doesn't mean I cannot B word about it. I mean, this is the right place to do that, lord knows the wife doesn't want to hear about it.

You got me. I want the Bills to be relevant, I am an out-of-state Bills fan that cannot get enough news on my team - ever.

I know it's the Bills and Browns, and I'm not one to complain about a lack of coverage when the team has been so bad for so long, but I watched the NFL network for highlights for 30 minutes--mind you, they just focus on the NFL--and not one mention of the game.

Poor strategy. Football fans don't want to hear the same old story lines over and over and over and over.

Having said that, we start winning games against elite teams, and we'll get that coverage.

Ya on NFL network darren

sharper said srry folks we don't want to talk about this game anymore than you want to hear about we doing it for friends and loved ones of the players. I got a bed memory but it was close to that.

Edited by n3wyork13

I know it's the Bills and Browns, and I'm not one to complain about a lack of coverage when the team has been so bad for so long, but I watched the NFL network for highlights for 30 minutes--mind you, they just focus on the NFL--and not one mention of the game.

Poor strategy. Football fans don't want to hear the same old story lines over and over and over and over.

Having said that, we start winning games against elite teams, and we'll get that coverage.

Beat the pats. That will get people's attention.

The inferiority complex lives on. I understand even feel it but nobody (minus a few thousand die hards) really cares about the Bills an Browns. The only way it changes is through winning. Get relevant to be relevant.

This.

Brownies are now 0-3 and NO ONE in the national media expects us to win more than once in the next 6 games. Even that (Home vs. Titans) isn't a given. So 3-7 with 6 to play will trash the season and it's what's expected by the media 'experts'. With B-more, Pitt & Cincy, the Browns are already out of relevance for the year.

I'm sure there's many here who believe this, too. Only WINS will change the perception.

This.

Brownies are now 0-3 and NO ONE in the national media expects us to win more than once in the next 6 games. Even that (Home vs. Titans) isn't a given. So 3-7 with 6 to play will trash the season and it's what's expected by the media 'experts'. With B-more, Pitt & Cincy, the Browns are already out of relevance for the year.

I'm sure there's many here who believe this, too. Only WINS will change the perception.

That'd be 3-6 with 7 to play, making 10-6 possible. Just sayin'.

So according to that theory the Cardinals should be getting more "face time" than the Jests...

You got me. I want the Bills to be relevant, I am an out-of-state Bills fan that cannot get enough news on my team - ever.

I hope you know I meant log term success. The Bills were media darlings for about a week and a half last season until the eventual implosion.

I taped this mornings ESPN sports center/blitz and they covered every game except Buffalo/Browns.

I went back through it on the DVR to see if I missed it, and they actually had Billls/Browns listed on the left side of the screen on those "upcoming" tabs but they never got around to it.

Hilarious.

We had the NFL's leading rusher going against the NFL's best rookie RB and they both had a monster game last week. Instead they burned time showing Belichick post game whining in his boring demeanor putting me and my dog to sleep.

Then they spent a full 5 minutes on New Orleans, a winless team playing a hapless KC team that we just crushed.

Whatever. I guess until we make the playoffs maybe that's what we deserve.

You could be a Cardinals fan. Talk about being on a fan island out there in Glendale.

You're 3-0 not becuase you have an obscenly scary defense but it's because of the mistakes of the team you played.

They get no credit for beating the Patriots and demolishing the Eagles. I bet 3/4 of the media couldn't name 5 starters on the Arizona D.

On the Bills, I hope they stay away from the hype machine for a while. Last year, it seemed the team labored under expectations starting with that Giants game.