Brian Moorman Has Been Awful

I saw some other people rip him today too. I actually thought he did a nice job. I think he was trying to kick away from Cribbs. The one punt he absolutely hit out of the stadium was the one, in fact, that Cribbs had the nice return on. It seems like today (and last week) was all about angling and positioning the ball at the sideline.

Are you smoking crack?

Moorman had one bad kick today,a product of them intentionally trying to kick away and out of bounds from Cribbs most of the game. The kick Cribbs returned for 30 something yards, drove him back about 15 or 20 yards...

Moorman has been booming punts all year, find something else to complain about please

Are you smoking crack?

Moorman had one bad kick today,a product of them intentionally trying to kick away and out of bounds from Cribbs most of the game. The kick Cribbs returned for 30 something yards, drove him back about 15 or 20 yards...

Moorman has been booming punts all year, find something else to complain about please

Moorman had three bad punts today. Kicking away from Cribbs had little to do with two of them. And on the third, even if you are trying to kick away from him, a 30 yard punt is unacceptable, especially from your own 27 yard line.

I saw some other people rip him today too. I actually thought he did a nice job. I think he was trying to kick away from Cribbs. The one punt he absolutely hit out of the stadium was the one, in fact, that Cribbs had the nice return on. It seems like today (and last week) was all about angling and positioning the ball at the sideline.

That's called out-kicking your coverage.

Other than that, two shanks.

It's very early in the season for Moorman to have a dead leg or lose the touch that he had seemed to regain during the preseason.

He's a respected veteran presence and a nice guy, but his play isn't helping the team.

That's called out-kicking your coverage.

Other than that, two shanks.

It's very early in the season for Moorman to have a dead leg or lose the touch that he had seemed to regain during the preseason.

He's a respected veteran presence and a nice guy, but his play isn't helping the team.

Not that I disagree, but honestly how much respect does a punter get in the locker room. I'm guessing not very much. If he keeps shanking his punts the defense won't care much about his civic duties. And yes those two punts were shanks even though he was kicking away from Cribbs.

I said it in another thread, I'll say it here: I would rather see him kicking it 30 yards and out of bounds, then watching Cribbs run one back for a TD!

BTW: In case you haven't noticed, our coverage units have NOT been very stellar. "Do whatever you can to keep them a non-factor, keep kicking it out Brian, keep it up the good work!"

Are you smoking crack?

Are YOU smoking crack? He kicked poorly today, and his shanked punt came at the absolute worst time.

Are you smoking crack?

+1. Dumb post. Pls delete this one, Mr. moderator. Even if Moorman was losing it, the guy has been money for 10 years and no one should criticize him.

I said it in another thread, I'll say it here: I would rather see him kicking it 30 yards and out of bounds, then watching Cribbs run one back for a TD!

BTW: In case you haven't noticed, our coverage units have NOT been very stellar. "Do whatever you can to keep them a non-factor, keep kicking it out Brian, keep it up the good work!"

Our coverage units have not been good because Moorman has been kicking low line drives beyond the coverage. He has been bad for a number of years now and almost blew the game with that 27 yarder yesterday. I know he is a good guy, but if he can't do his job, it is time for a change.

Dear football gods, please bring us to the day when we're not even sure what the name of our punter is, let alone engage in a post-game discussion about his performance - a/k/a how well he executes the "voluntary turnover" play.

Edited by MRM33064