Pass Defense has more holes than Swiss cheese

Yes, The Bills won yet the pass defense gets picked apart. There seems to be more holes in the pass defense than in Swiss Cheese. Next week the Bills have to play Tom Brady. If the pass defense doesn't play better, I can see Brady having a 500 yd passing day. Looks like Spiller will be out, and not sure about Freddie Jackson. Won't be very pretty. And BTW - Fitzpatrick still has an accuracy problem.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pass defense is still struggling and does have holes especially in the middle.

Weeden missed a lot of wide open receivers who also dropped their share of passes as well

Any decent QB would hv picked the Bills apart today but their gameplan probably had something to do with that as well since they most likely went in planning to stop Richarddon n force Weeden to beat them

Edited by Max997

Yes, The Bills won yet the pass defense gets picked apart. There seems to be more holes in the pass defense than in Swiss Cheese. Next week the Bills have to play Tom Brady. If the pass defense doesn't play better, I can see Brady having a 500 yd passing day. Looks like Spiller will be out, and not sure about Freddie Jackson. Won't be very pretty. And BTW - Fitzpatrick still has an accuracy problem.

Run Tashard run.

and our front four wont give them time to pass.

Swiss cheese, eh?

Good thing for us Brady* & NE* are no gouda...

Buffalo Bills 115

NE* Cheatriettes* 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! :beer:

Our team will never run up the score like the hoody!!!

I am sure Belichek would have padded his teams stats yesterday after the INT return to the one yard line. The Bills on the other hand did a Kneel down and close out the game.

great road victory yesterday, eh?

Apparently good teams never allow a completed pass by their opponents.

PTR

The negativity around here after a win is hilarious. I understand the team isn't perfect but it seems no one here can enjoy a victory. Life is too short people. Try to enjoy it.

The negativity around here after a win is hilarious. I understand the team isn't perfect but it seems no one here can enjoy a victory. Life is too short people. Try to enjoy it.

Yeah, it's kinda sad. And did people honestly expect Gilmore to be Revis right out of the jump? Revis wasn't even Revis his 1st year. Cornerback is physically the hardest position to play in the entire league. The rules are completely set up to screw them. However, the key is to see the improvement. And I expect Gilmore and Williams to improve. And the major thing I liked about Williams yesterday is he would have a bad play and then make a good play right after it. You need that confidence and IMO, that is what has killed McKelvin.

P.S. Am I the only one impressed with Weeden? I thought he was very poised and looked pretty solid. And the Browns aren't exactly loaded at receiver. The Browns have a pretty decent foundation with him and Richardson.

Does anyone know what happened on the Browns TD pass? Did Gilmore just make a bad break, or was there a mix-up in the coverage? It almost seemed like he was playing zone on that play but it should have been man coverage.

I think it was a post corner route and he jumped the post and the guy broke it back to the corner. Most teams try to take advantage of young corners because they are so aggressive. I also believe we are playing a lot of man to man. That's not an easy assignment for a rookie.

When you stifle the run all pass plays seem like the Defense is getting shredded.

The Putz have allowed 262.0 passing yards per game, 786 passing yards total - allowed 80 rushing ypg Tenny, Az and Balt.

The Bils have allowed 248.3 passing yards per game, 745 passing yards total - allowed 100 rushing ypg

After the injuries to BOTH rushing leaders KC now leads the NFL in rushing yards.

NFL Team Passing Defense Statistics - 2012

Net Passing Yards Leaders

19 Buffalo

24 New England

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense