Wes Welker on the trading block?

Buffalo 66

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salary is negotiable. And what have we gotten with our 3rd rounders anyway? Other than a SB costing drop last year, he's the most clutch WR in the league. We don't have a clutch go-to WR.

We do: Stevie and Chandler.

Welker wanted 10M+ a year with the Patriots. Why would he want anything less than that with the Bills. The Bills cannot afford to pay Stevie and a big contract for a 2nd WR. I just don't see this happening.

We do: Stevie and Chandler.

Welker wanted 10M+ a year with the Patriots. Why would he want anything less than that with the Bills. The Bills cannot afford to pay Stevie and a big contract for a 2nd WR. I just don't see this happening.

Yeah, they have Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Branch, Lloyd, Woodhead, Edelman, Winslow/Shiancoe as their playmakers. We have 2 guys

Yeah, they have Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Branch, Lloyd, Woodhead, Edelman, Winslow/Shiancoe as their playmakers. We have 2 guys

You just named a guy on IR, 2 that were FAs this week, one that's out for another month, wood head who has 1 td in his last 16 games, Edelman who has 1 offensive touchdown in his career (but 2 on special teams!).... Lloyd....

Gronk and welker

Welker a free agent after this season......rent a player isn't worth a third..... a sixth, maybe.

The idea would be sign him longterm before he hits FA.

That idea isn't great for us as our next big money wr need to blow the top off coverages. I like welker but for the cash he doesn't fit what we need

Worth a third round pick?

Oh, based on Bleacher Report? C'mon man.

It's hard to trade a player who was franchised this year for a 1 year deal, and is 32 years old, even if he is Wes Welker.

I'm sure the Pats would love someone to stack up a deal for that, but you don't trade a franchise player for a 3rd rounder.

I hope the Bills aren't suckers enough to pay what it would take.

The idea would be sign him longterm before he hits FA.

Er, but that's what a team trades for - the contract rights to a player. If the player isn't signed beyond that year, whatever you trade is gone for good, and so too is the player, if you can't sign him.

Bad move.

No f'n way do we make a deal with The Hoodie, ever. That guy owns our club on the field, off the field, in Ralph's bedroom, and there's no way we would come out on top. I dont care if he offered Welker for free, there would be something in there that would bite us in the ass after Wes arrived, like a lockeroom outbreak of herpes or something. After raping us with the Blew Dredslow trade, and taking Antowaine Smith and making him into a good back, he farts in our general direction. I hate the man but he is an evil genius, especially when it comes to owning the Bills, and you don't do deals with the devil.

No chance he takes a discount to stay in NE. That relationship is over. He did them a favor by signing a tender early so he could show up to camp on time. They turned around and !@#$ed him up the ass. Not only that, but they were actively working to diminish his value on the open market till Hernandez got hurt.

There is no chance Welker would sacrifice any personal gain to stay in NE. He already did that once and got screwed. He'll be a pro on the field this year but lets hope that bad blood permeates through the Pats locker room and they all get a taste of how they will be treated contractually once they are on the wrong side of 30. They have created a problem where one didnt exist.

Yep. And as for winning a championship with NE, those days are gone. And most players think they can help make a team a contender.

implosion? Thry lost one game on a missed fg...

They were only in position to even try that FG because of a stupid Cardinals fumble.

The Patsies OL is a complete train-wreck.

Prediction: Pats will lose badly in Baltimore tonight, and the Bills will beat what is left of them somewhat convincingly next week.

Buddy has to be at least thinking about it? http://sports.gather...281474981630246

Why? 'Cuz some random fan on an internet newsgroup thinks Buddy should be thinking about trading a starting guard on a quality OL for a 32 year old receiver who doesn't know our system, on a 1 year contract?

I'm sure NE would love to have the Bills trade Levitre or Urbick for Welker. That would be the very definition of "bad deal"

As I read it, that article insinuates that the Bills would trade Urbik or Levitre for Welker. If that was even a possibility, I would have no interest in Welker. That would help the Pats far more than the Bills.

No way would I make that trade - why would the Bills screw up their young OL for an old WR the Pats don't want.

They were only in position to even try that FG because of a stupid Cardinals fumble.

The Patsies OL is a complete train-wreck.

Prediction: Pats will lose badly in Baltimore tonight, and the Bills will beat what is left of them somewhat convincingly next week.

I would love to have that happen, but the implosion of the Jets seems to have been sadly exaggerated.

Methinks the implosion of the Pats could be likewise.

Yep. And as for winning a championship with NE, those days are gone. And most players think they can help make a team a contender.

Right. Because losing the Super Bowl by 4 points in the last 57 seconds, a whole 7 months ago, after a 13-3 regular season, clearly shows that they are now firmly at the bottom of the league. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jon in Pasadena

Right. Because losing the Super Bowl by 4 points in the last 57 seconds, a whole 7 months ago, after a 13-3 regular season, clearly shows that they are now firmly at the bottom of the league. :rolleyes:

Yep, that's exactly what I said. <_<