David Nelson after surgery-Awesome

gobills28

Wow, some of the posts in this thread are odd to say the least. Won't make the team? He's the teams most reliable receiver. Easley was viewed as a #2 AFTER last years preseason? Then why is he a practice squad player this year? C'mon man.

Nelson is basically our #2. Nice slot guy who i think will be a fixture here for quite awhile especially if Fitz is still here.

Drafting a WR next year might not be in the plan.

To be honest if Nix has confidence in Graham to fulfill his potential you have

SJ-Graham-Nelson with Chandler as a nice receiving TE and Spiller spliting out at times. So is there room and playing time for another WR?

I guess you could draft one to play #4th and wait until we let someone go but Nix wants to win now and using a 1st or 2nd isnt gonna help.

plus D.Jones complicates the position here.

Anyways. Love Nelson, liked watching that Florida team a few years back and i like his attitude. What i would want in a 3 or 4 WR solid hand and a winner's attitude

I feel horrible for Nelson. The WR position will likely be addressed in the draft and FA next year. He should recover from the injury but I doubt he makes next years team.

Unless his recovery from injury goes badly, he will be on the roster next year no matter who or how many we draft/acquire for the WR position. He is a gamer, excellent hands and good attitude.

Nelson is a good player. If he dedicates himself to rehab and gaining torso and upper body strength (he has all the time in the world now) he could be a beast.

This makes a lot a sense. He'll likely lay off the cardio post surgery and start to build some upper body mass. He might even come back a tight end.

This makes a lot a sense. He'll likely lay off the cardio post surgery and start to build some upper body mass. He might even come back a tight end.

No doubt a 6'5 225 to 235 would be a great asset. Nelson needs to add 10-20 and if he does be could line up in slot and motion to an inline blocker and wreak havoc on linebackers or safety's who would try to guard him.

I feel horrible for Nelson. The WR position will likely be addressed in the draft and FA next year. He should recover from the injury but I doubt he makes next years team.

turf toe. it was pretty bad. manifested itself in his knee. He should be back in a few weeks, doubt he'll ever be the same though.

full moon tonight??

edit...canks, you rascal you

dadonkadonk...the full moon comment applies just to you now

Edited by QB Bills

I'm close with one of his college friends. I agree he has the ball skills route running and enough speed he could convert to a solid pass catching TE. He could easily go to 255 lbs. And already blocks well. He wouldn't lose that much speed and we have our compliment to Chandler. I do think we draft a WR high as well as LB, and possibly a QB given Fitzmagic.

If Fitzy gets it together putting a top LB and WR out there with Nelson as an athletic TE could mean big things for the Bills.