CJ Spiller Early MVP Candidate ?

Hater

Look like CJ Spiller performance against the Jets wasn't just garbage yards, Spiller is a monster if Chan would have let him rush more than 15 times vs the Chiefs he would have gained 200 yards Hell he might have 500 yards in two games if Chan would stay out of the Wildcat & let Spiller do his thing

I like Fred Jackson but if Spiller is playing like this there is No Way Chan can take him out as the starter unless he is stupid & that's open to debate & if he plays like this all season he might be MVP if they just don't give it to Peyton Manning or Tom Brady just necause of who they are

Agree OP. But just like in Madden, we shouldn't even get glimpses of that list until about week 6. If he's tearing it up like this come week 6 then we've got a clear shot at MVP. It's a great problem to have with 2 really good RBs but let's hope Chan favors the one with the hot hand instead of giving the job to someone based on previous play or name.

One of the pundits (Trent Dilfer I think on SportCenter) said that the difference between Spiller this year v. last year is acceleration after first contact. Last year he wasn't accelerating after first contact and this year he is. I don't get to see many of the games - generally just highlights. Is that something those of you that get to see most of the games can confirm?

Look like CJ Spiller performance against the Jets wasn't just garbage yards, Spiller is a monster if Chan would have let him rush more than 15 times vs the Chiefs he would have gained 200 yards Hell he might have 500 yards in two games if Chan would stay out of the Wildcat & let Spiller do his thing

I like Fred Jackson but if Spiller is playing like this there is No Way Chan can take him out as the starter unless he is stupid & that's open to debate & if he plays like this all season he might be MVP if they just don't give it to Peyton Manning or Tom Brady just necause of who they are

Yea - after 2 games...........

One of the pundits (Trent Dilfer I think on SportCenter) said that the difference between Spiller this year v. last year is acceleration after first contact. Last year he wasn't accelerating after first contact and this year he is. I don't get to see many of the games - generally just highlights. Is that something those of you that get to see most of the games can confirm?

Spiller is just on another level right now. Everytime he touches the ball he looks like he can take it to the house, and don't let him get into the open field, he is virtually uncatchable by defensive players...reminds me of Chris Johnson in his 2,000 yard rushing season...just bursts through the line and leaves people in the dust...most impressive thing is he is breaking tackles this year as well, then just flooring it into the secondary and running past people.

It's hard to believe Chan couldn't possibly realize this but if he doesn't look at his offense after these last 2 games and think Spiller shouldn't be the weekly gameplan every week then he should pack up now. With the level he's playing at, as a coach you have to make him your workhorse until proven otherwise. I'm thinking Chris Johnson, Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Ricky Williams, Adrian Peterson. All these guys were dominant in thier prime years and thier coaches really took advantage of them and it almost always paid off with playoff apperences. Please God!!! Make Chan run the damn ball!!!

It's hard to believe Chan couldn't possibly realize this but if he doesn't look at his offense after these last 2 games and think Spiller shouldn't be the weekly gameplan every week then he should pack up now. With the level he's playing at, as a coach you have to make him your workhorse until proven otherwise. I'm thinking Chris Johnson, Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Ricky Williams, Adrian Peterson. All these guys were dominant in thier prime years and thier coaches really took advantage of them and it almost always paid off with playoff apperences. Please God!!! Make Chan run the damn ball!!!

I agree, but I also like that we've been able to manage touches. If we can keep him under 350, it'd be nice. Freddy coming back would really help that.

I agree, but I also like that we've been able to manage touches. If we can keep him under 350, it'd be nice. Freddy coming back would really help that.

Freddy will help. Hopefully Chan goes into each game giving the back with the hot hand the bulk of the carries and the remainder to the other. The beautiful thing is you just know Freddy won't go down without a fight so he will be playing harder than ever to keep his startting spot. Personally I think it's CJs now but Freddy doesn't know that yet. As far as keeping CJ or Fred under 350 touches, I've got no problem with that. I just want to ensure victory before we start limiting either of these guys. If the games on the line and you need another TD or some serious clock management then CJ or Fred when he comes back should be in there. None of this White or Choice crap. Worry about the win first and foremost.