Quotes like this don't inspire hope...

"We need to tighten up our coverage which will help our pass rush,” Gailey said. “If you let them get it out in rhythm they will. The key is to not let them get it out in rhythm. We have to tighten things up and if we tighten things up I think the pass rush will be much more in play.”

Tighten up how? By somehow getting a new secondary in 5 days? It's like he has no idea why what happened on Sunday happened at all.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"We need to tighten up our coverage which will help our pass rush,” Gailey said. “If you let them get it out in rhythm they will. The key is to not let them get it out in rhythm. We have to tighten things up and if we tighten things up I think the pass rush will be much more in play.”

Tighten up how? By somehow getting a new secondary in 5 days? It's like he has no idea why what happened on Sunday happened at all.

For one NOT lining up a safety (Byrd) 8-10 yards off the #1 WR (Holmes) of the opposing team on 3rd and short.

"Tighten up baby" Archie bell and the Drells

if they get closer in, and bump a bit.... young corners, with decent safeties over the top, and strong pass rushers SHOULD look better.

disrupt the short routes, let the pass rush have time to effect the play, dont get beat deep. easier said than done, but id say he gets it - we just didnt do it.

"Tighten up" is a slap on Wanny...I assume Chan is basically saying to Dave Wanker:

"Hey...you gave their WR's a cushion of 6-8 yds on every passing down...and even when we thought they would run, the cushion you gave the WR's invited them to pass. We drafted Williams and Gilmore to be our own studly lock downs...so dammit Dave...unless the down and distance is 3rd and 15, have those boys get up in their faces and bump them at 5yds and stick with them on the route. You gotta tighten those CB's up"

So there ya have it...tighten up.

For my entire fandom the Bills have lined up their DBs with 8 yard plus cushions. It doesn’t matter if its 3rd and 30 or 2nd and 1, there is always some DB with an 8yard cushion.

This has been consistent across many different regimes and I just don’t get it.

It's like they always sit back and wait for the offense to do their thing until they attempt to stop it..

Why can't this defense ever dictate to the offense, give and take things away in which they want. Play bump and run, blitz some LBs/Safeties, Stunt, GAMEPLAN, anything...

The last time I saw a Gameplan executed was vs Phily last year in which they got to Vick..

He has exactly the idea of why our pass D sucked.

Fixing it in five days? I'm guessing he defers to Wanny.

Good luck with that, Dave.

GO BILLS!!!

Simple mathematics in Sunday's game.

The Bills almost never blitzed - sending 4 rushers on almost every play.

The Jets protection plan called mostly for the tight end or running back to stay and help - leaving 6 blockers on almost every play.

That left 7 Bills defenders against 4 Jets receivers... Almost double coverage on EVERY receiver.

On top of that, the Jets used mostly 2-3 step drops, meaning receivers only had a few seconds to beat coverage.

Yet the Bills managed to leave receivers WIDE OPEN on virtually every play.

It might have been the worst performance by a secondary that I have ever witnessed in 25+ years of watching the NFL.

shouldn't it be the other way around, i.e., if the pass rush tightens up it will help the coverage? ..... is it me or does this coaching staff watch the same game us armchair QBs do ?

Okay, i said before the game that the way to beat them is how they beat us last year first game. Press bump hit hold but do NOT let the guys run their routes.

Especially if you are playing a base front four. I am not proud of being correct this time

Epic failure.

This also tires the front four quickly. Then Sanchez can checkdown all the way to the janitor.

We wont look this bad again this year. But jeebus thats not saying much.

"Tighten up" is a slap on Wanny...I assume Chan is basically saying to Dave Wanker:

"Hey...you gave their WR's a cushion of 6-8 yds on every passing down...and even when we thought they would run, the cushion you gave the WR's invited them to pass. We drafted Williams and Gilmore to be our own studly lock downs...so dammit Dave...unless the down and distance is 3rd and 15, have those boys get up in their faces and bump them at 5yds and stick with them on the route. You gotta tighten those CB's up"

So there ya have it...tighten up.

Does it seem odd that this message has to come after a blowout? Why not tell Master Dave during the game? Heck, why not ask him in the job interview and see if he has a grasp of the NFL circa 2012?

"Tighten up baby" Archie bell and the Drells

nice reference! "hi , im archie bell and the drells and we are from i from houston texas"

Here I thought I was the only one!

"We dance as good as we walk"---LOVE THAT LINE.

I actually find the quote very encouraging. How many times have we slammed our heads against the wall wondering why the coaches don't see things the same way we do? I think this was at the root of our problems. Our pass rush shouldn't have to rely on "coverage" sacks. Just a quick jam, a disruption is all it should take--so why weren't they doing that? Who knows, but it's great to know it's on the agenda now!!

GO BILLS!

Play the Byrd and Wilson over the top, with the CB's up pressing the WR's at the line. The only time you give them a 8 yard cushion is at 2nd & 20. Its going to be the same with Cassel both Cassel and Sanchez are pretty similar QB's they make the leaving off the short throw. I think we defiantly have to go a CB pressing Bowe with a safety over the top. The other one we have to take away is McCluster, need Rogers on him IMO, only CB thats able to go with him. Keep McKelvin off the field except for kick returns, get Rogers some snaps the kid has serious upside.