Sullivan is in heaven.....

Webster Guy

This opener went exactly the way Sully wanted. His article "Grim news..." is classic Jerry doom and gloom.

He makes it seem like Nelson was a big play number 2 guy. I love Nelson and I'm sorry he's hurt but lets face it, he averaged 3.8 catches and 40 yards a game last year on a team that slings the ball 30 times a game. Sully makes it sound like there are no other guys that can come in and match that modest production.

And I love how he throws in that he wouldn't have taken Spiller 9th overall. So here we are with our starting back out, CJ steps in and averages over TEN yards a carry against a tough run defense on the road.

Jerry's still stuck on where we drafted the guy and he wants you to know it.

He must have some kind of tenure over there at the Buffalo News, its amazing that somebody pays that guy for his thoughts.......

Worst angry old guy journalist ever. He's just a miserable curmudgeon. I dont read the guy and usually turn the channel when he's on the radio. He can't have a conversation without resorting to emotional outbursts and spewing his anger. Sports is a game, he treats it in such a way that I question why he's involved with something so unimportant yet treats every play, move, and salary like a personal attack on him. Guy flat out sucks like all the media in this 3rd tier market. Maybe that's why he's so angry, never made the big leagues now he's the bully with the printing press.

I've done my share of Jerry bashing over the years, but he's not paid to be "positive" or a fan. Like it or not, his views are probably shared by a significant portion of his viewing audience, and that's the point. Columnists are supposed to generate attention, and that's what he does.

If and when the Bills ever get their act together, he'll be providing the appropriate praise -- he was damn close to that prior to Sunday's debacle.

I didn't read anything in his latest rant that seems out of line given their performance on Sunday and the expectations that have been set.

But it's only one game and a many good teams looked bad in week 1. As I watched the Bills being completely outclassed on Sunday I thought back to the home opener a several year back against NE where the Bills dominated and won 31-0. That year, like this one, they opened with the same team they close the season against. Recall NE returned the favor in game 16 with a 31-0 payback. Maybe by seasons end we return the favor against the Jets this time sending them to the golf course early?

I heard him on WGR yesterday and he said his prediction was 10-6.

Fans just can't seem to get out of their ruts that tell us what they'e supposed to be angry about. Not everything fits into a preconceived reality.

And us Buffalo fans need things that aren't the Bills/Sabres to get upset about instead. Makes us feel better I guess.

he's been right on the vast majority of issues and analysis n the last few years. i know, it's easy if you're negative and it's the bills to be right. but it should make a difference. it should shame the bills into producing a better product. unfortunately, they are shameless.

he's been right on the vast majority of issues and analysis n the last few years. i know, it's easy if you're negative and it's the bills to be right. but it should make a difference. it should shame the bills into producing a better product. unfortunately, they are shameless.

If I were the Bills players I would avoid reading anything in the media this week. They need to put that behind them as much as possible and try to prepare for KC.

However I hope Gailey and Stache read everything. They should both be embarrassed by how unprepared the team was and by their lack of adjustments during the game.

most sensative group ever. I thought his article was spot on....what did you want him to write about? The other non-INTS fitz did not throw or the fact that Chan is a massive apologists for Fitz? The guy reported on one game and that is all it is. Once we throttle KC this week we will think we are going to the playoffs and everyone in the media wil just say....it was only KC, they are terrible....Its early Men, lets enjoy the season and stop waiting for someone to bash us, We are Buffalo, thats what everyone does. Happy Fkn Tuesday.

I got suckered into reading his garbage article, I usually see his picture at the top of the article and click away. This time my PC betrayed me, and his picture was not displayed. As I scrolled down I saw his name attached to the bottom of that steam pile he wrote, otherwise I wouldn't have an opinion, but he has some diabolical hatred for any move the Bills make, how can you even question the Spiller pick at this point? He Does so just to be a douche. How the Buffalo News still employs this AssWipe is completely beyond comprehension.

I get it, we all get it... he is a journalist, but to constantly bash every single move, question every single decision, and slam anyone affiliated with the franchise just gets old, and if you can't stand the things the team does, then how about stop writing about them. I don't know why anyone would ever give 2shits what this prick ever has to say, right or not.

I've emailed Jerry throughout the years over the past decade. He is an objective journalist whose angle is "Show Me The Baby". I don't think Jerry is right on Spiller and I took him to task on this.

David Nelson is a significant loss, but 1 player falls and another must rise.

Edited by BiggieScooby

I believe the Bills lose directly as a result of Sullivan's actions. He might be some sort of warlock. Anyone ever thought of that?

Is anyone missing a pet? I believe there was a report of an unnatural dark cloud directly above Sully's house sometime Saturday.

Edited by ndirish1978

If I were the Bills players I would avoid reading anything in the media this week. They need to put that behind them as much as possible and try to prepare for KC.

However I hope Gailey and Stache read everything. They should both be embarrassed by how unprepared the team was and by their lack of adjustments during the game.

I disagree, I would have copies of every single newspaper with stories about that game in it at every single players locker, make them read every word of it. These guys are proffesional players getting paid Millions to play a game, they shouldn't need coaches to get them motivated. i think this teams needs to see that no one is going to hand them anything and that they need to see and hear what people are saying about them and embarrass them more to hopefully get them fired up even more and come out angry against the Chiefs. they need to know that teh fans and media don't want to here crying or excuses like "The refs ignored me when I complained the guy was putting his hands in my face", the majority of the fans want to hear "the refs wouldn't listen to me when I told them to watch for the player putting his hands in my face, so on the next play when he did it again I slammed him back on his @$$ and proceded free and clear to take out the QB"

This opener went exactly the way Sully wanted. His article "Grim news..." is classic Jerry doom and gloom.

He makes it seem like Nelson was a big play number 2 guy. I love Nelson and I'm sorry he's hurt but lets face it, he averaged 3.8 catches and 40 yards a game last year on a team that slings the ball 30 times a game. Sully makes it sound like there are no other guys that can come in and match that modest production.

And I love how he throws in that he wouldn't have taken Spiller 9th overall. So here we are with our starting back out, CJ steps in and averages over TEN yards a carry against a tough run defense on the road.

He must have some kind of tenure over there at the Buffalo News, its amazing that somebody pays that guy for his thoughts.......

Well...Grumpy old man or not...Is he really wrong? The Bills can do plenty to make him look stupid...My guess is...They won't... B-)

I've done my share of Jerry bashing over the years, but he's not paid to be "positive" or a fan. Like it or not, his views are probably shared by a significant portion of his viewing audience, and that's the point. Columnists are supposed to generate attention, and that's what he does.

If and when the Bills ever get their act together, he'll be providing the appropriate praise -- he was damn close to that prior to Sunday's debacle.

+1

What a dumbass thread!

Try beating another dead horse.