"Dirty 30" LaRon Landry

BiggieScooby

This guy has a history of late hits & taking dirty shots. When we play these bastards again I want someone to hold him up and another to cut him at the knees. Payback is a B word Dirty 30.

Jets fans apparently are proud of Dirty 30. I know one team in the AFC East who will put a mark on him and it ain't Buffalo. http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247450

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20123442/la-canfora-fred-jackson-suffers-sprained-lcl-to-have-mri-monday

Landy is the type of player the Bills have needed on their team for years.

Right I was hoping we would sign him since they are looking to upgrade the position. Although he has had injury issues but was worth taking a shot at him. Jets did it right, keep him out of preseason and then unleash him for the regular season.

Landry hit Jackson on the thigh above the knee. Nothing dirty about that particular play. He was flagged for a late hit on Spiller later on, but it was barely late - he pushed Spiller a split second after his foot came down out of bounds.

He's a big hitter, and does draw too many flags. He's also a complete liability in coverage. Jets are lucky their corners can play great man D and dont need much safety help.

i personally think he was hitting Freddy low to hurt him he did not have to go at the legs and it really pissed me off seeing him look at freddy after and start clapping, he knew what he was doing and acted like he just got paid to do.........also was he the one who hit nelson? i have not seen the play again but someone on twitter said he did, all in all he is a dirty player and always has been

I always hated Rodney Harrison in the division for his borderline hits, late hits, and general douchebaggery. Landry looked like the same player yesterday, he looked like a bully and the Bills looked like they were all too ready ready to hand over their lunch money. I cant deal with another era of the Bills being bullied around.

Thanks for pointing this out. How is this douchebag's dirty plays not a bigger deal? He went low at FJ's knee, and he did the same to Spiller soon after. Not to mention the late hit out of bounds.

When will this team grow a pair and stand up to these kinds of guys? Wilfork does the same thing.

I thought it was dirty at first but it was real awkward because another guy has FJax down low. But it is an awful tackle attempt and normally Fred would just bounce off him.

I do agree that it would have been nice to see the Bills get pissed off more. The only fire I saw was when Bryd slammed a Jets' TE. And personally, I would have loved to see someone hit the POS Cromartie after his pick 6

i personally think he was hitting Freddy low to hurt him he did not have to go at the legs and it really pissed me off seeing him look at freddy after and start clapping, he knew what he was doing and acted like he just got paid to do

You go low at Freddie because if you go high he shrugs you off and keeps running. Going high on strong RBs is a mistake. Hell, even Spiller broke a high tackle yesterday on his TD scamper. Nobody is trying to intentionally hurt guys out there, they're trying to make plays for their team.

People get all up in arms over nothing.

Sorry, but I don't buy the excuse that because he "aimed" for the thigh the play was legit. It's the same excuse that Wilfork used when he conveniently braced himself on Losman's knee. To me, there was clear intent on Landry's part to hit FJax low, especially when Freddie was already being engaged by another player.

It's not a coincidence that guys like Landry, Rodney Harrison, etc are in the midst of dirty player discussion. They consistently play on the borderline of clean and dirty hits, and get by the hairline definition. But there is no mistaking that these guys play to get the opponents hurt, and for that they will always be scum in my eyes, and I want no part of them on my team's roster.

Landry hit Jackson on the thigh above the knee. Nothing dirty about that particular play. He was flagged for a late hit on Spiller later on, but it was barely late - he pushed Spiller a split second after his foot came down out of bounds.

He's a big hitter, and does draw too many flags. He's also a complete liability in coverage. Jets are lucky their corners can play great man D and dont need much safety help.

Correction: Jets are lucky our QB can not hit the broad side of a barn.

Landry dove low with his head down. He wasnt aiming for FJ's thigh, that just happened to be where he hit him (luckily for us). It was bad technique done on purpose, therefore it's a dirty play. Landry is a big, strong boy. He could use proper form and still tackle Freddie.

But last year when stevie made his block on that chiefs DB it was a clean hit?

Which is what he does, maybe he is just not good at tackling. He has always done that and gets injured often (which is why even Donte was better IMHO), he is a cheap shot player. And yeah Stevies block was kind of nasty last year but it isn't his habit to do that.

But last year when stevie made his block on that chiefs DB it was a clean hit?

I give far more room for hitting cleanly to WRs than to Safeties. It's the prime objective of a Safety's job to know how to tackle. Down field blocking, while very important, is a secondary skill for WRs. Feel the same way about Heinz Ward for example, so it's not just homerism.