Fitzmagic, more like Fitzpathetic

Jerry Jabber

Possibly the worst qb in the NFL.......his post game "I forgot To step into my throws" quotes are amazing.

Cut him tomorrow for all I care. He won't win any games that any other qb cant

How does someone who the biggest praise anyone gives him is his intelligence forget to step into his throws? Isn't that like a genius dog forgetting to lift his leg?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Chan and Nix did realize what Fitz is. Thus why they tried to bring in Vince Young and Now T. Jackson.

Fitz is a back up. He is a guy when there is very little expectations he will succeed. The minute expectations increase his production decreases. Seriously. Look at last year. Even inside of a game. Look at the Raiders, and the NE game. Once the team got behind and everyone thought they were going to loose, Fitz came on. Even yesterday, once the Bills were down did he finally start to do something.

We all tried to kid ourselves and look at the positives, like 'his resolve in adversity'. B.S.

Fitzpatrick Can Not Handle The Pressure!!!

His talent is what it is. Great? Nope. Horrible? Nope.

And the guy went to Harvard...he is not stupid.

He just does not have the mental fortitude to step up when everyone is counting on him.

Expectations were high going into this year. National media, all of us fans, everyone wants a playoff birth.

The F.O. made moves trying to get the team there. Fitz knows it rests on him, and he can not mentally handle it. Sorry Guys.

I tried and hoped he was the answer, but he is not. The first pick was horrible, back foot, across the field, and at Revis. Seriously?

You guys that like Fitz need to look up the definition of insanity.

And even if the team is 9-6 and needs a win to make the playoffs, do you honestly trust Fitz will have a game to put the Bills into the playoffs??!!!

The late pre-season quarterback panic was very reminiscent of a previous regimes move to abandon the "no huddle" (LOL) chit can the OC, cut the starting LT days before the opener. Didn't that HC get canned that same season? Anyhow, personally it needs to happen again. The sooner the better. This ship is rudderless. Gailey may lose the locker room early this year. We will win our fair share of games, and Fitz may even get a game ball or 2. In the end he doesn't have the sack to get us to and win even a single play off game. And, isn't that a huge expectation this season?

Also, Fitz's Harvard background BS has grown very tiresome.

Fitz came on. Even yesterday, once the Bills were down did he finally start to do something.

You are misguided. The Jets played soft one they had the big lead and gave the short stuff in order to protect against big gains.

Fitz's stats improved only as much as Rex let them.

Edited by CodeMonkey

What a garbage article. Yes, Fitz had a bad day but what did that article really tell us? Before you defend this article hold it up with all of Walkers work. Its amateur coverage and I do not want to even say that; its mean. But...it is true. His article headlined that his act is old then states nothing but his opinion quoting basically nothing. I don't get it. I really don't get it.

The late pre-season quarterback panic was very reminiscent of a previous regimes move to abandon the "no huddle" (LOL) chit can the OC, cut the starting LT days before the opener. Didn't that HC get canned that same season? Anyhow, personally it needs to happen again. The sooner the better. This ship is rudderless. Gailey may lose the locker room early this year. We will win our fair share of games, and Fitz may even get a game ball or 2. In the end he doesn't have the sack to get us to and win even a single play off game. And, isn't that a huge expectation this season?

I only mentioned it because the guy makes the same mistakes over and over again. It is not because he can not learn, it is because he can't handle the pressure of the game.

You are misguided. The Jets played soft one they had the big lead and gave the short stuff in order to protect against big gains.

Fitz's stats improved only as much as Rex let them.

I am not saying your wrong, but Fitz stil had to make the throws. The point is not until everyone thought they had lost and thus there was no expectations did Fitz feel comfortable.

I would not be surprised if he goes out there this week and has a great game, since now everyone thinks he sucks!!

The guys living in denial will claim he 'showed some fortitude' coming back and stepping up. I say he is a back up that only does well when you do not have to count on him.

So what you are saying is there might have been more money spent then in awhile but the results are still the same. Very accurate actually.

Next draft will be extremely deep at the QB position. Trouble is, there's no consensus stud, ala Luck and RGIII.

BA

You know the Bills will win some meaningless games throughout the season to screw up their draft position again.

They need to take whatever QB they can get in the first round... Trade up if there is a guy that they really like.

You know the Bills will win some meaningless games throughout the season to screw up their draft position again.

They need to take whatever QB they can get in the first round... Trade up if there is a guy that they really like.

I agree. Enough of not wanting to give up draft picks, trade up and get a real franchise QB. The Bills have not had a franchise QB since Jim Kelly, and he last played in January 1997.

I agree. Enough of not wanting to give up draft picks, trade up and get a real franchise QB. The Bills have not had a franchise QB since Jim Kelly, and he last played in January 1997.

Okay. Who is that "real franchise QB" who's worth trading up for?

• Matt Barkley?
  • Logan Thomas?
  • Landry Jones?
  • Geno Smith?
  • Tyler Wilson?
  • Tyler Bray?

As of right now, there's no Luck or RGIII in this draft. I can't overstate that enough. It's a crapshoot, unless someone posts supersonic numbers this year.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

Okay. Who is that "real franchise QB" who's worth trading up for?

• Matt Barkley?
  • Logan Thomas?
  • Landry Jones?
  • Geno Smith?
  • Tyler Wilson?
  • Tyler Bray?

As of right now, there's no Luck or RGIII in this draft. I can't overstate that enough. It's a crapshoot, unless someone posts supersonic numbers this year.

BA

I don't follow college football so I'm not going to even try and take a stab at it. All I know is that there is at least one good QB in every draft (look at Sam Bradford the year he was drafted). Now who that QB is for the 2013 draft is beyond me? You're right the draft is a crapshoot, but Bills have not had a franchise QB since January 1997 (almost 16 years) and have missed the playoffs for 12 straight years (currently longest streak in the NFL) mainly due to that reason...coincedence?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Not one person said this when we were 5-2 last year. I cant give up hope yet i simply can't

Thats a lie .... I knew that he was a joke back then .....that is why most fans were taken by surprise when we paid this fool more money than we paid Jim Kelly to run our offense .......whats his record since he signed his contract.... enough said .....bring back Vince Young

Possibly the worst qb in the NFL.......his post game "I forgot To step into my throws" quotes are amazing.

Cut him tomorrow for all I care. He won't win any games that any other qb cant

Remember the game in Green Bay - the last one Trent Edwards played in a Bills uniform? I see the same type of disaster happening week 5 this year when we go to San Francisco. I predict we will be 1-4 after getting blown away there. Will Chan have the nads to cut Fitz though?? I highly doubt it.

Edited by Azucho98

Remember the game in Green Bay - the last one Trent Edwards played in a Bills uniform? I see the same type of disaster happening week 5 this year when we go to San Francisco. I predict we will be 1-4 after getting blown away there. Will Chan have the nads to cut Fitz though?? I highly doubt it.

After cutting him the big check Chan and nix egos won't let them cut Fitz. That would be admitting a big mistake and shine a light on all their acltivities since taking over. I don't like coach carroll but i fully embraced his rule of who plays has nothing to do with what they're getting paid. Its all about merit.

What a garbage article. Yes, Fitz had a bad day but what did that article really tell us? Before you defend this article hold it up with all of Walkers work. Its amateur coverage and I do not want to even say that; its mean. But...it is true. His article headlined that his act is old then states nothing but his opinion quoting basically nothing. I don't get it. I really don't get it.

James Walker cannot just do blogging for his income. If he makes even close to 5K a season he is vastly overpaid. On occasion when i am reading something in his blog, and it is written with a command of English, fact and substance, I go back and find it's authored by someone else and pasted in. JW's or any AP articles come to mind. At least Walker gives the proper allocades to the author (he has to).

The comments to his blogs are obviously not read by his superiors at ESPN. If they were he would be canned.

I don't follow college football so I'm not going to even try and take a stab at it. All I know is that there is at least one good QB in every draft (look at Sam Bradford the year he was drafted). Now who that QB is for the 2013 draft is beyond me? You're right the draft is a crapshoot, but Bills have not had a franchise QB since January 1997 (almost 16 years) and have missed the playoffs for 12 straight years (currently longest streak in the NFL) mainly due to that reason...coincedence?

"Coincidence?" -- Well the Bills thought they had "that guy" in Johnson. And Losman. And Edwards. Strike 1, 2, 3.

Let's take a look at the last decade of highly drafted QBs, who were given high grades, and teams either bit based upon those grades, or reached:

• 2002: David Carr (#1 overall); Joey Harrington (#3 overall) ... Unless you count Patrick Ramsey, not a single drafted QB from this class is still playing.
  • 2003: Carson Palmer (#1 overall) ... (yawn)
  • 2005: Alex Smith (#1 overall); Byron Lefwitch (#7 overall) -- Smith is "meh," and even then only in the right system.
  • 2006: Vince Young (#3 overall)
  • 2007 Jamarcus Russell (#1 overall)
  • 2010: Jake Locker (#8 overall); Blaine Gabbert (#10 overall) -- Ponder, taken later, will be in the league far longer than these two.

Hey, I'm with you. We need a franchise QB. I just don't believe we'll have to trade up to get our guy next draft. And I'm not so sure we'll see "Sam Bradford or better" in that draft.

BA

"Coincidence?" -- Well the Bills thought they had "that guy" in Johnson. And Losman. And Edwards. Strike 1, 2, 3.

Let's take a look at the last decade of highly drafted QBs, who were given high grades, and teams either bit based upon those grades, or reached:

• 2002: David Carr (#1 overall); Joey Harrington (#3 overall) ... Unless you count Patrick Ramsey, not a single drafted QB from this class is still playing.
  • 2003: Carson Palmer (#1 overall) ... (yawn)
  • 2005: Alex Smith (#1 overall); Byron Lefwitch (#7 overall) -- Smith is "meh," and even then only in the right system.
  • 2006: Vince Young (#3 overall)
  • 2007 Jamarcus Russell (#1 overall)
  • 2010: Jake Locker (#8 overall); Blaine Gabbert (#10 overall) -- Ponder, taken later, will be in the league far longer than these two.

Hey, I'm with you. We need a franchise QB. I just don't believe we'll have to trade up to get our guy next draft. And I'm not so sure we'll see "Sam Bradford or better" in that draft.

BA

I didn't like the Johnson signing from the get go. Johnson came off the bench and played great for 1 game, that wasn't enough to garner giving up a 1st & 4th round draft picks for him.

Losman was Donahoe's brilliant idea (his drafts sucked!!) and gave up way too much for him. I don't know why Donahoe was in such a hurry to draft a QB. If he would have waited, Aaron Rodgers would have been there for us the following year.

Bill Walsh recommended Edwards, and I would have done the same thing as Levy.

If I was an NFL scout, I could give you a good idea on who to draft, but I'm not. While you listed a bunch of first round busts, you also failed to post successful 1st, 2nd & other round QB's. We all know the draft is a crap shoot, that's why you have to have excellent scout's to give you good evaluations on these players.

Before the 2011 draft there was questions about Cam Newton and how he would handle a pro offense before he got drafted. God I wish the Bills would have did a "washington" a moved up to get him. Even if they would have gave up this years 1st rounder to get him.

We still dont have a young QB to groom. But I think Buddy knows that Fitz is not the answer. They went hard after T. Jackson as soon as he hit the market. They got Young hoping they could "fix" him. Didnt work out but these 2 moves tells me the Bills are trying to upgrade .

Fitz is 1-9 his last 10 games. I dont care how his stats look the win-loss record is what counts.

They just have to go after a QB in 2013 draft no matter how this season turns out.