Fitzmagic, more like Fitzpathetic

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly the worst qb in the NFL.......his post game "I forgot To step into my throws" quotes are amazing.

Cut him tomorrow for all I care. He won't win any games that any other qb cant

I'm starting to agree. I thought QB Coach David Lee Roth was suppose to help make him into a better QB by working on his mechanics? If DLR is such a great QB coach, then Boos Hogg [Nix] & Cooter [Gailey] can give Fitzpathetic the axe at the end of the season, draft a franchise QB and have Cooter & DLR develop the new guy.

His mechanics looked worse this game than last season.

He was throwing the rock like a shotput. He and David Lee have a lot of work to do this week.

I disagree...he has always thrown the ball like that, which, I thought, was a big part of his problem. He puts every ounce of power he can muster in to any throw over 10 yards, so his accuracy sucks....he did the same thing last season. Whatever Lee has taught him, it clearly hasn't transferred to his game on the field. So, either he and Lee have a lot of work to do, or the Bills need to find two or three WR who are 7 ft 5, with a 62 inch vertical leap...

I noticed a few times yesterday, before he got hurt, where David Nelson's body language was telling me that he was getting really frustrated with Fitz.

Fitzputrid!

Edited by Buftex

Watching rg3 have a better performance in his first game ever than any bills qb in a decade. Including a game clinching completion in traffic. On the road against the saints was what stung the most today.

Yea look what they gave up to get him....

And it was worth it too. You have to have a good QB to win and we have one thats what 1-9 last 10 games hes played?

I was gonna give Fitz some sack but I am beginning to hope T Jackson can learn that playbook fast.

I think Fitz can be a solid starter in the league, but today he was simply awful

Are we being Punked? I think I can win Mr. Universe too if I lose this beer belly.

most of you guys are ridiculous. the concern should be on the defense first and foremost. until they can get a pass rush or cover receivers, it really does not matter what the offense looks like.

You are wrong there, take away the 21 points that Fitz handed them on a silver platter and we might still be in overtime right now.

Honestly guys it is not even worth spending the energy getting upset with this team anymore. Until this franchise decides to devote the resources into drafting a franchise QB we do not have a chance. People made of fun before the draft when I said I would give this year & next years draft to get a shot at RGIII in that 2nd slot. Fitz is what he is. A guy that has a below average arm & horrible accuracy issues. The problem is you really can't correct these 2 things. Back in Losman's 1st full season as starter right before the season(I think it was his 2nd year) I ran into Van Miller & asked him what he thought of Losman(remember this is before he played any games & everybody was kind of high on him). He said "I will tell you, this kid is never going to make it in this league because he is just not accurate enough & unfortunately that is really hard to correct." I will never forget that conversation & he was dead on about him. What makes Fitz accuracy issues even worse is that he has a noodle for an arm. At least Losman could get away with some of his mistakes because he had a strong arm. My daughter has a stronger arm then Fitz & she is only 3 years old.

I hope Travaris can get up to speed quickly. I would like to see what he can do in this offense.

I don't think he is the be all end all solution, but honestly, he could be a safer bet on a week in and week out basis in comparison to Fitz.

What so many Fitz backers utterly whiff on consistently is that a VAST majority of his good stats are compiled during points of games where we are way behind and the D is playing soft. Going back to that first year where he took over for Trent to now. I mean even in that fabled KC game he was atrocious in the first half until KC lost half their starting secondary to injury and had a big lead.

One thing I am so sick and tired of hearing is about how smart he is on the field...its simply not true and never been true, much like the urban legend of Trents pocket presence and accuracy. The most consistent thing Fitz does is make poor decisions that kill drives or result in turnovers. He does them every week practically and I just do not see that changing. A

All this talk about his mechanics getting better...well, like I have been saying, its really hard to teach an old dog new tricks...not impossible, but very hard to take someone with a lot of rooted in poor mechanics and suddenly change them. It doesn't happen in preseason or training camp, its about retraining muscle memory. Its easy to do with no pressure, but when you have to make split second decisions, the muscle memory comes through. His mechanics were awful yesterday often throwing off his back foot when there wasn't even pressure, staring down receivers, making throws way too late, making throws his arm can't make, etc.

Unless Fitz suddenly prays to Jesus, Buddha, The Fonz, Chick Fil A, or whatever it is he worships very soon and has some kind of divine intervention then I just don't see how he can turn it around quickly this year. I sure hope he does, but he keeps going out on the field and showing the same ole crap.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I don't think he is the be all end all solution, but honestly, he could be a safer bet on a week in and week out basis in comparison to Fitz.

What so many Fitz backers utterly whiff on consistently is that a VAST majority of his good stats are compiled during points of games where we are way behind and the D is playing soft. Going back to that first year where he took over for Trent to now. I mean even in that fabled KC game he was atrocious in the first half until KC lost half their starting secondary to injury and had a big lead.

One thing I am so sick and tired of hearing is about how smart he is on the field...its simply not true and never been true, much like the urban legend of Trents pocket presence and accuracy. The most consistent thing Fitz does is make poor decisions that kill drives or result in turnovers. He does them every week practically and I just do not see that changing. A

All this talk about his mechanics getting better...well, like I have been saying, its really hard to teach an old dog new tricks...not impossible, but very hard to take someone with a lot of rooted in poor mechanics and suddenly change them. It doesn't happen in preseason or training camp, its about retraining muscle memory. Its easy to do with no pressure, but when you have to make split second decisions, the muscle memory comes through. His mechanics were awful yesterday often throwing off his back foot when there wasn't even pressure, staring down receivers, making throws way too late, making throws his arm can't make, etc.

Unless Fitz suddenly prays to Jesus, Buddha, The Fonz, Chick Fil A, or whatever it is he worships very soon and has some kind of divine intervention then I just don't see how he can turn it around quickly this year. I sure hope he does, but he keeps going out on the field and showing the same ole crap.

Excellent post on Fitz...Bottom Line for me is the combination of bad mechanics, a mediocre arm and poor decision making means he just is not the long term answer at QB for the Bills. Chan and Buddy are deluding themselves if the believe otherwise.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Loved this: "Unless Fitz suddenly prays to Jesus, Buddha, The Fonz, Chick Fil A, or whatever it is he worships" That's awesome!!! :lol: I agree with everything you said. The faster Boss Hogg & Cooter realize that Fitzpathetic is not the answer, the better the team will be. Sucks to be having this conversation already after Week 1.

I noticed a few times yesterday, before he got hurt, where David Nelson's body language was telling me that he was getting really frustrated with Fitz.

i saw that too. Caught himself pretty quickly though and turned it off.

but he keeps going out on the field and showing the same ole crap.

He is not a rookie. I'm not sure why people expect him to be different/better every week. He is what he is, for better or for worse.

i saw that too. Caught himself pretty quickly though and turned it off.

He is not a rookie. I'm not sure why people expect him to be different/better every week. He is what he is, for better or for worse.

You know its bad when your receivers are so frustrated they are tearing their own acl so they wont have to stay in the game

Maybe Chan and Nix did realize what Fitz is. Thus why they tried to bring in Vince Young and Now T. Jackson.

Fitz is a back up. He is a guy when there is very little expectations he will succeed. The minute expectations increase his production decreases. Seriously. Look at last year. Even inside of a game. Look at the Raiders, and the NE game. Once the team got behind and everyone thought they were going to loose, Fitz came on. Even yesterday, once the Bills were down did he finally start to do something.

We all tried to kid ourselves and look at the positives, like 'his resolve in adversity'. B.S.

Fitzpatrick Can Not Handle The Pressure!!!

His talent is what it is. Great? Nope. Horrible? Nope.

And the guy went to Harvard...he is not stupid.

He just does not have the mental fortitude to step up when everyone is counting on him.

Expectations were high going into this year. National media, all of us fans, everyone wants a playoff birth.

The F.O. made moves trying to get the team there. Fitz knows it rests on him, and he can not mentally handle it. Sorry Guys.

I tried and hoped he was the answer, but he is not. The first pick was horrible, back foot, across the field, and at Revis. Seriously?

You guys that like Fitz need to look up the definition of insanity.

And even if the team is 9-6 and needs a win to make the playoffs, do you honestly trust Fitz will have a game to put the Bills into the playoffs??!!!