Fitzmagic, more like Fitzpathetic

Jerry Jabber

I believe Edwards only won one game for the Cardinal the year he was drafted. I could be wrong on this, but there was something that made me say, "WTF?"

Actually, Stanford did win one game during Trents Sr. year...it was literally a game Trent did NOT play in and missed due to injury. So the only game they won was a game he missed and Trent was winless...

You do realize TOP was almost the same, which means the Jests D was on the field just as much. Short drives don't wear a D out.

About Fitz yeah he had a crappy game, and it happens to him more than other QBs. I still hope it is fixable.

So I will go with Fixpatrick.

BTW this thread has so many posters in it that I blocked already, I just want to thank a bunch of new ones for adding their opinions :thumbsup:

You do realize TOP does not tell the whole story right? TOP does not indicate how frequent a D had to enter the field. Bills did have a couple of sustained drives in the second half while it was a blowout and the D was playing soft. Earlier parts of the game where Sanchez and company had their way with us, our D was on the field for long periods of time and then would have to come right back out because we would go 3 and out or turn the ball over.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Stanford did win one game during Trents Sr. year...it was literally a game Trent did NOT play in and missed due to injury. So the only game they won was a game he missed and Trent was winless...

WOW -- That, I did not know.

I wonder if any other starting QB was ever drafted in the first two rounds after losing every game of his final college season.

BA

WOW -- That, I did not know.

I wonder if any other starting QB was ever drafted in the first two rounds after losing every game of his final college season.

BA

I dont know, I doubt...hard to not win a game in college. Trent was not very good in college at any point during his time there. Go look at his stats and win loss record, its appalling for someone that somehow garnered so much hype and support. Trent literally has not done anything relevant since High School and only gone out and blew at pretty much every stop since.

People always grasped on to the Bill Walsh endorsement, but this was the same Bill Walsh that said Jim Drunkenmiller was the next Montana and JJ Stokes (who he traded up for) was the next Rice. As great of a career Walsh had, he missed a lot more times than he was right just like all the greats.

Nobody expected Rogers to fall as far as he did. Plus, we didn't have a first-round pick in 2005.

I know we didn't have a first round pick in 2005. If Donahoe wouldn't have made the trade with Dallas to draft Loseman, then the Bills would have had a first round pick in 2005, and would have been able to draft Aaron Rodgers. I never understood why Donahoe was in such a hurry to draft a QB.

IMO, Fitzpathetic was a stop gap QB for the Bills while Boss Hogg & Cooter [Nix & Gailey] built up the rest of the team. Now it looks like Fitz is not even a good "Stop Gap" QB anymore. His performance on Sunday was more like a third string/practice squad QB, not a starter.