Chan...please for the love of budda.....dont have Fitz throw the ball

This team is much more ground and pound than I think Gailey would like to admit. You have good O-line, a pair of good running backs, and your passing game isn't epic. I hope they at least run it till the Jets prove they can stop it. Expect plenty of misdirection and screen plays too. I think we start the game uber conservative and open up depending on need.

I can't believe it's not budda!

John from Hemet gettin' his Brooklyn accent on in anticipation of the Jest game.

You will see your fair share of 2 TE sets tomorrow, I think.

GO BILLS!!!

It seems that we run better out of spread formations than when we're in more traditional set up. I would anticipate that we spread the field a lot still.

Edited by biglukes

If we had a physical kick a** line you would have a point- but we don't

What kind of line do we have then?

I'll agree that a lot of our runs come from the spread, but that doesn't make them less tough. Our three interior lineman are pretty damn mean IMO.

Sorry, John, I can see what you're saying, but I am very interested in making sure I set a tone for the game where I am interested in Stevie Johnson building upon a couple of very solid performances against Revis last year, that I am quite interested in the Jets best player on D know that he is going to have to work hard all day.

The Jets are used to being quite certain that Revis is at least not gonna need any help and that there is a fair chance he is gonna shut down the opposing lead receiver and greatly restrict the opponents offensive scheme.

One of the best things the Bills can do for the run game is to force Revis back on his heels the whole game so that not only are they short their best NT and a hard-hitting safety but Revis is not able to look inside first but is thinking about the passing game. Running your strenght against their weakness makes good sense, but quite frankly I like our blockers more as a strength on passing rather than them demonstrating to date that they are a good running unit.

My sense is that the Jets know they are in deep doo-doo against the run, and will be pumped to do what they can to stop the Bills from establishing a grind it out approach.

I simply do not have the confidence (yet) in our O and its run attack to set the tone for the game purely based on their being able to push a even a weakened opponent around.

Make my first play a play action fake which almost certainly will suck the Jets depleted defense into trying to stopp the run. This will give even Fitzy a bunch of time to let Stevie put a double move on Revis and catch a relatively short pass but have space to run after the catch.

Once the Jets are thinking hard about how to deal with the potential for a Bills O willing to pass and amazingly whether to help Revis out, then the Jets run D is not only missing two of their key run defenders but the second string guys in there are leaning back instead of leaning forward and FJ and Spiller will get to pick their holes.

I would rather see Revis be a shut-down CB because he has figured out how to beat our prime WR than have him hold SJ without a reception in the first half because we never throw to him.

The best thing this team can do for the running games is to demonstrate a willingness to throw the ball right from the start.

But then perhaps you have more confidence than I do on the ability of our guys to simply beat the Jets with our runnng power.

I think we need a full playbook and a 60 minute effort to win. I have not seen enough production from our Fitz led O to believe in them simply blowing through even the depleted Jets squad using half their playbook. Perhaps you have more confidence in our O than I have.

It seems that we run better out of spread formations than when we're in more traditional set up. I would anticipate that we spread the field a lot still.

Spreading the field with 3, 4, 5, wide plays right into the strength of the Jest defense. A la game one of last year. So, how did Chan adjust for game 2 in NY? He ran many 2 TE power sets and lo and behold, the Bills had their best offensive game against the Jest in Gailey's tenure. We were only one of two teams to score 3 TDs on them, plus we held the ball to the tune of 36+ minutes. Power against power. I think Chan found something that works and I can't see him getting away from something that works.

None of that means that he won't mix it up or that he won't be forced to spread them if we're in obvious passing downs. But he found a formula that works in the 2 TE, single back set. I'll be surprised if we don't see more of the same.

GO BILLS!!!

Sorry, John, I can see what you're saying, but I am very interested in making sure I set a tone for the game where I am interested in Stevie Johnson building upon a couple of very solid performances against Revis last year, that I am quite interested in the Jets best player on D know that he is going to have to work hard all day.

The Jets are used to being quite certain that Revis is at least not gonna need any help and that there is a fair chance he is gonna shut down the opposing lead receiver and greatly restrict the opponents offensive scheme.

One of the best things the Bills can do for the run game is to force Revis back on his heels the whole game so that not only are they short their best NT and a hard-hitting safety but Revis is not able to look inside first but is thinking about the passing game. Running your strenght against their weakness makes good sense, but quite frankly I like our blockers more as a strength on passing rather than them demonstrating to date that they are a good running unit.

My sense is that the Jets know they are in deep doo-doo against the run, and will be pumped to do what they can to stop the Bills from establishing a grind it out approach.

I simply do not have the confidence (yet) in our O and its run attack to set the tone for the game purely based on their being able to push a even a weakened opponent around.

Make my first play a play action fake which almost certainly will suck the Jets depleted defense into trying to stopp the run. This will give even Fitzy a bunch of time to let Stevie put a double move on Revis and catch a relatively short pass but have space to run after the catch.

Once the Jets are thinking hard about how to deal with the potential for a Bills O willing to pass and amazingly whether to help Revis out, then the Jets run D is not only missing two of their key run defenders but the second string guys in there are leaning back instead of leaning forward and FJ and Spiller will get to pick their holes.

I would rather see Revis be a shut-down CB because he has figured out how to beat our prime WR than have him hold SJ without a reception in the first half because we never throw to him.

The best thing this team can do for the running games is to demonstrate a willingness to throw the ball right from the start.

But then perhaps you have more confidence than I do on the ability of our guys to simply beat the Jets with our runnng power.

I think we need a full playbook and a 60 minute effort to win. I have not seen enough production from our Fitz led O to believe in them simply blowing through even the depleted Jets squad using half their playbook. Perhaps you have more confidence in our O than I have.

I think what scares me most about this game is what chans plan is. There is no question that in the talent department, OVERALL, we dominate. However, if chan runs this 4 and 5 wide crap as a base offense (against a D that chan and fitz has acknowledged as being hard to read), we will probably fall behind. If we fall behind, we continue the futile throwing only offense...if the jets know you are throwing every down, we could very easily lose this game...I love this team we have though, offense and defense...so much more talent than any bills team in years...this win is in the hands of chan....PLEASE pull through for us chan!

Btw, cheers to all of you and I hope you all get to enjoy the game somewhere!

GO BILLS!

Bills-34

Jets-28