Replacement Refs Sucked Last Night

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always enjoy watching silly threads go down in flames. This one was a roman candle.

Anyway. The Giants only had 4 (four) penalties all night whereas the Cowboys had 13. The rest of the ref crews may have a rough weekend but the OP is just grinding his axe if he's critical of that crew's performance last night.

If this crew was supposedly the best one they could put out there for the national stage, end the bloody lockout now! There were more than a few instances of blatant holding and pass interference that were not called. It worries me that our passing attack is based so much on timing with our receivers, but if the DBs know that they can get away with murder (which I'm sure Rob is telling Rex) our offense will be stymied. And our defense is based around a supposedly great 4-man pass rush, but the O-line can hold all day long and get maybe one penalty.

Just needed to vent, this lockout crap year after years is :censored: !

Quit your whining. You're just looking for something to B word about.

Really? Hardly noticed them.

How could you hardly notice them? They threw about 20 flags.

refs did a good job OP is clueless

I agree with the OP. The refs were poor. Not awful, but not as good as the regulars though. My issue wasn't the missed calls, but the calls that just shouldn't be called at the NFL level.

If nobody told you they were replacement refs you wouldn't have noticed. But because you knew they were, every missed call is magnified. They were fine.

Offensive picks - are you f'ing kidding me? When is that ever called? Maybe twice per year in the league all season.

A 1000x this

The refs were a non factor last night and that's all you can ask for. Still, the NFL looks really cheap not paying the real officials. But unfortunately, most people and jobs are replaceable.

A lot of the issues aren't about money. The NFL wants to hire additional crews so they can sit poor performing crews. the NFLRA is strongly opposed to this.

Yeah to be honest, I'm wasn't sure. Aren't the NFL refs the only pro refs who aren't full time as well?

They are not full time and part of the proposal is to have some full time refs, but the NFLRA is not griping much about that. They seem focused on money and the additional crews.

I'm more than willing to have replacement refs if it means that the two worst crews get sat every week.

even thats a bit odd, as they waited 10 months into negotiations to bring it up.

In the bargaining process, the NFL wanted something in return for the drastic increase in salary the refs wanted.

I'm not sure why anyone would be against referee accountability.

Edited by jeremy2020

The refs were a non factor last night and that's all you can ask for. Still, the NFL looks really cheap not paying the real officials. But unfortunately, most people and jobs are replaceable.

They were offering annual increases in compensation of 5-11%. So your claim is false. They are offering more money than they now make. Just not as much as the refs want. Also, the refs do not want to be made full time as they would likely all take a large pay cut if the NFL went to full time refs.

They are not full time and part of the proposal is to have some full time refs, but the NFLRA is not griping much about that. They seem focused on money and the additional crews.

I'm more than willing to have replacement refs if it means that the two worst crews get sat every week.

In the bargaining process, the NFL wanted something in return for the drastic increase in salary the refs wanted.

I'm not sure why anyone would be against referee accountability.

im not against it - i was saying that for the nfl to bring this topic into the fold in mid/late july seemed on negotiations that started last year rings a little..... off. if it was obvious and ideal, why hasnt it been in the discussion dating back to 2011, when the refs said they wanted more money? i dont think the nfl really wants the officials locked out, but it doesnt seem they particularly want them back either.

accountability is great.

Replacement refs do a better job than the real ones IMHO. They seem to call a little tighter game with less subjectivity. The real refs know who the stars are and, like NBA refs, give greater leeway to the stars. Replacement refs don't. So I'd be just as happy if the real ones never came back.

Really? I must have been watching a different game.

ya maybe baseball and you thought it was the football. Just because you don't notice details you could not act like the OP is an idiot with your condescending answer. You might as well have said" really ? I am very simple and don't notice details". Or " me like football."

The only call I saw that was bad was the hold on Cruz? in the endzone. Overall i thought they looked fine

This. It was so damn blatant, too -- The defender was practically wrestling Cruz to the ground before the ball was even close. Potentially game-changing blunder by the scabs.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

If this crew was supposedly the best one they could put out there for the national stage, end the bloody lockout now! There were more than a few instances of blatant holding and pass interference that were not called. It worries me that our passing attack is based so much on timing with our receivers, but if the DBs know that they can get away with murder (which I'm sure Rob is telling Rex) our offense will be stymied. And our defense is based around a supposedly great 4-man pass rush, but the O-line can hold all day long and get maybe one penalty.

Just needed to vent, this lockout crap year after years is :censored: !

You must not watch 4 games a week huh???

They were better than the real ones. I hate favoritism. That's what the old refs do.

I dont want the old refs back!!!

We will see alot more picks sunday. We will see alot more holding sunday. We will see those not called sunday. Networks can not be negative about refs. It's a no no with the NFL. Broadcasters get graded by the NFL and they have to be nice. Sad but true. Go Bills.