How Important is Week 1 for Us?

Virgil

I'm not going to say that week 1 is a must win game for us. However, the fact is that we are playing the Jets on the road, and our record is 2-6 in the last 8 games against them.

No matter how easy our schedule ends, we have to be able to win in our division and win on the road. This game will say a lot about our team to me this season. Being 0-1 hasn't bothered me in the past. But, being 0-1 in the division and losing a game that we weren't really in after the 3rd quarter....that will be a different story.

However, on the flip side, even if we blew them out, you won't see me predicting the playoffs. This is just a large indicator game to me. I'd rather win this game and lose the following week on a fluke than anything else.

Dunno, maybe it's pre-season jitters or the normal hesitation that any Bills fan feels, but I'm already nervous for week 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a must win....divisional road game! We need it! Its more of a mental thing for the team!

The one thing i fear....Mario going against that new RT with no NFL games and see Mario with no sacks! I cant imagine how this board will be...

But those nerves you have are the love and dedication you have for the team! I have them too man!

This first game is huge. It's a division road game with a suspect opponent. That opponent has owned us for the recent past.

The team needs to set the tone for the year. I think they will, but it may not be pretty.

A buck and a quarter in running alone for Fred. 3 sacks for the D-line, Bills win by 9.

Its a must win....divisional road game! We need it! Its more of a mental thing for the team!

The one thing i fear....Mario going against that new RT with no NFL games and see Mario with no sacks! I cant imagine how this board will be...

But those nerves you have are the love and dedication you have for the team! I have them too man!

Mario not getting any sacks is not important in and of itself. It's quite possible that the Jest have to devote more resources to neutralizing him and that allows others to get sacks and, more importantly, pressures and hurries.

GO BILLS!!!

No first game of the season is a must win. We play 16 of them after all.

That said, I think it's a real test to see how far along we are. The Jets had a better record than us, are favored to win in a road, division game. Losing is a setback. Winning gives us momentum going into two very winnable games against KC and Cleveland before the next big test against the Patriots.