60 Million Dollar HS Football Stadium?

BRAWNDO

I saw that the other day....that is pretty incredible. It's pretty funny when I think back to the field I played on for our varsity games compared to that.

With all due respect to my friend CGF, the Texans are nuckin' futs.

Though, if they can pay for it, and they want it - who am I to poop on their parade.

Just think this is like a JonBenét Ramsey deal in jockstraps, chinstraps, and shoulder pads. JMHO.

Allen has had strong growth for several years as mentioned in the article. They took a different approach from most towns in that area. They have kept 1HS, rising from 2A to 3A to 4A and finally to 5A. Most others have added separate HSs (and elementary, middle schools) but Allen has all of their HS kids funneling through one program. The upside is that they have become a player in the post season. The downside is that most kids never get to experience the joy of playing HS football, basketball, volleyball, baseball etc. etc. etc.

I am sure that the community will get their money back & they will pack their new stadium, but...too many will not know the joy of playing the game.

Odessa Permian in the early 80's...35,000 + standing room every game. As a Buffalo kid HS football meant 200-300 at dilapidated All High Stadium.

PTR

It is pretty cool that Aaron Williams attends a game just about every Friday Night during the season.

who cares if some kids dont get to play high school football? then get better, try harder, study film, be a gym rat....

"everyone getting to play" is why they have peewee football, and if you cant hack it once you get to highschool, then you dont play...period...this is why America has become what it is - everyone gets a trophy, everyone should go to college, everyone should be provided for....it all translates to why America is now lagging behind many other countries economically, we went from a cut throat civilization to a babied/coddled one....and it shows

everyone is NOT equal, only the strong survive, social darwinism, etc.

who cares if some kids dont get to play high school football? then get better, try harder, study film, be a gym rat....

"everyone getting to play" is why they have peewee football, and if you cant hack it once you get to highschool, then you dont play...period...this is why America has become what it is - everyone gets a trophy, everyone should go to college, everyone should be provided for....it all translates to why America is now lagging behind many other countries economically, we went from a cut throat civilization to a babied/coddled one....and it shows

I'm assuming that you are referring to my response. That's quite a turn that you've taken from what I posted.

And, for what it's worth I have 3 very well adjusted children.

this is why America has become what it is - everyone gets a trophy, everyone should go to college, everyone should be provided for....it all translates to why America is now lagging behind many other countries economically, we went from a cut throat civilization to a babied/coddled one....and it shows

This is pretty funny (irony) in the overall scope of this thread.

The same school (Allen, TX) who has this monster stadium also has a 750-MEMBER MARCHING BAND!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...